March 2nd TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
You have literally no idea if this is true or not.

Every business relationship is also a personal relationship, and every working relationship, of any kind, is built on trust. Smart executives know that. It has nothing to do with "the other GM is your bestie". That's nonsense.

Yes... which is why I said "it appeared". It is an opinion based on the information I have available. You can provide resources to the contrary or your own analysis of the article but I sense you'd rather just be ornery about it (again, an opinion based on the information I have available).

I understand business relationships. The original quote was that hopefully Chevy will throw in a little something extra next time because we helped them out. I disagree. I don't think any professional sports GM is throwing extra pieces or value into deals because the other GM once helped them out. Conversely I don't think any GM is turning down best-value deals from opposing GMs simply because they don't have ideal personal relationships with them

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Erixon didn't even make it to us. Claimed by the Leafs who are now one slot higher then us in the order.

Cane's end-of-season win streak strikes again.

I hope he kills it in Toronto, at least enough so that they pass us in the standings.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I disagree. I don't think any professional sports GM is throwing extra pieces or value into deals because the other GM once helped them out.

LOL -- tell that to Kevin McHale.

GMs use personal relationships all the time. What do you think "future considerations" are, dude?

Knowing who you can trust and who you can deal with, and to whom you can legit say "do me a solid later" and actually get that solid paid back, is a fundamental part of good business sense.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Mo used to coach Francis. And Mo used to coach Tlusty. I'm guessing the 'favor' would be to Mo and Tlusty, and wouldn't even involve Chevy. But it's a pretty standard tradition for GM's to try and send players they had good relationships to places they want to go.

The return for Tlusty is a result of his lack of scoring in recent months.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Cane's end-of-season win streak strikes again.

I hope he kills it in Toronto, at least enough so that they pass us in the standings.

Am I the only one who doesn't think very highly of Erixon? This is a guy that has been deemed expendable by SO many teams now.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Am I the only one who doesn't think very highly of Erixon? This is a guy that has been deemed expendable by SO many teams now.

If he was highly regarded he wouldn't have been waived. I assume Chicago tried to trade him for literally anything before losing him for free and found little interest.

However, picking him up off waivers would have been a no-lose scenario. Worst case scenario he would be let go as an RFA at the end of the year. He does have some level of potential. He is a former 1st rounder with size and offensive ability. Scored near ppg in the AHL last year (38 points in 40 GP).

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
If I remember correctly, he was highly regarded by the Blue Jackets, then he was traded to the Rangers. Then he was traded back to the Blue Jackets. Then to the Blackhawks, who then put him on waivers.

Those are organizations where losing a depth defenseman in the system won't really hurt them, but that's a lot of movement for a guy that hasn't played much in the NHL.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Coburn is 30. Is that young?

According to a majority of HFBoarders, it seems once a player is past the age of 25, he is past his prime and his value takes a huge hit. So 30 is probably considered ancient.

Cam Ward, the Staal bros, Dobby, Semin, JML, Hainsey, and a few others are so old that Jesus was probably in their grade school math class. Francis, Peters, and the rest of upper management probably knew Adam and Eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad