March 2nd TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I hope they trade Patrick Dwyer to Chicago

Chicago seems like a good destination for a lot of Carolina's possible trade assets. They were rumored to be looking for a "Skinner-like player" earlier. Skinner's probably off the table, but if Francis is interested in moving Semin, something might be worked out there.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
How? Don't they have like zero cap room? I only was just joking because they're in Chicago tonight. But Dwyer is a good guy and I don't hate Chicago so it's give me a slight routing interest in them during the playoffs.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
How? Don't they have like zero cap room? I only was just joking because they're in Chicago tonight. But Dwyer is a good guy and I don't hate Chicago so it's give me a slight routing interest in them during the playoffs.

We'd have to take some cap back, and likely retain a bit as well, if the trade ever went down.

But mostly, I'd like to see the collective reaction of Twitter/HFboards if it happened.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
We'd have to take some cap back, and likely retain a bit as well, if the trade ever went down.

But mostly, I'd like to see the collective reaction of Twitter/HFboards if it happened.

If we retained 100% this year and 50% for the remainder, and got back a 1st and a top prospect, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. Semin is done here.

CalUK

Feb 16, 2015
Scotland
Chicago seems like a good destination for a lot of Carolina's possible trade assets. They were rumored to be looking for a "Skinner-like player" earlier. Skinner's probably off the table, but if Francis is interested in moving Semin, something might be worked out there.

I hope a deal for Semin happens, the BP system clearly doesn't suit him, and I don't think the Canes will be asking much for him, so you never know a change of scenary could be what he needs, and he could be steal for any team that picks him up. He still does have an excellent shot on him.

Out of interest, would do you all think would be his possible value?
I am guessing that any deal would either involve another salary bring moved to the Canes or the Canes retaining part of his salary.

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
IMO the longer this goes on the less interested they will be about getting value back and more interested in just having it done and over with... not saying when or how, but I would be pretty surprised if Semin is on this team to start next season regardless of what they have to retain and/or what is coming back.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
If we retained 100% this year and 50% for the remainder, and got back a 1st and a top prospect, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. Semin is done here.

I could be wrong, but I don't think a team can retain higher than 50%

Mikksy

Oct 10, 2008
Ontario
I hope a deal for Semin happens, the BP system clearly doesn't suit him, and I don't think the Canes will be asking much for him, so you never know a change of scenary could be what he needs, and he could be steal for any team that picks him up. He still does have an excellent shot on him.

Out of interest, would do you all think would be his possible value?
I am guessing that any deal would either involve another salary bring moved to the Canes or the Canes retaining part of his salary.

I'd say his value would hold at a B or C level prospect, a 2nd round pick and the Canes retaining at least $2 million/year on the salary.

Maybe I'm being too harsh on Francis' chances to deal him but that's a tough contract to take on for the team that gets him.

He'll have an easier time riding out this season with him, and perhaps improving his value by the time the offseason comes around. More time to think, less pressure to get something done.

If anyone goes today, I'd say Dwyer. Maybe Jordan/Bellemore.

CalUK

Feb 16, 2015
Scotland
I'd say his value would hold at a B or C level prospect, a 2nd round pick and the Canes retaining at least $2 million/year on the salary.

Maybe I'm being too harsh on Francis' chances to deal him but that's a tough contract to take on for the team that gets him.

He'll have an easier time riding out this season with him, and perhaps improving his value by the time the offseason comes around. More time to think, less pressure to get something done.

If anyone goes today, I'd say Dwyer. Maybe Jordan/Bellemore.

I do think that maybe Dwyer and Bellemore may move on, but I doubt Jordan will. I think Jordan deserves a chance and these last games of the season is that. I think he has had a good season so far, and can earn himself a place on next years roster. Isn't he an RFA anyway?

If Semin is worth a 2nd and prospect then I'd be happy for him to move now so the Canes have that extra 2nd going into the draft. 2x1st Rnds and 2x2nd Rnds would be great for the team, and the extra cap space would be there to bring in new players via FA.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I agree with the poster on the other page. If Toronto ate salary, I would not mind Phaneuf. They are pretty desperate to move him. Could probably be had for cheap.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Phaneuf for Semin?

Would do it in a heartbeat. Of course, it's not likely -- "the goal now is extracting as much value as possible for them, which translates either to young players who are high-ceiling projects or draft picks" -- but it does give them a much shorter contract to work with, and I suspect that Phaneuf would be a much better fit for us for the money.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Semin to Toronto would be the worst. The guy doesn't talk to the media. Even Kessel, despite his awkwardness, talks a little to the media and still gets ripped to shreds. Semin wouldn't last a month there.

I'm still holding out hope that the wrist injury was the problem with Semin this year. His shot totals are WAYYYYY lower than normal, so there's evidence that it was definitely affecting him.

If Francis can't find a taker for Semin without salary retention, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Canes uniform next year. They'll just hope for a bounce back year similar to the one Ward has had.

Hoffbrau

Feb 5, 2015
Wake Forest,NC
Would do it in a heartbeat. Of course, it's not likely -- "the goal now is extracting as much value as possible for them, which translates either to young players who are high-ceiling projects or draft picks" -- but it does give them a much shorter contract to work with, and I suspect that Phaneuf would be a much better fit for us for the money.

what for? Phaneuf can't even skate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad