Post-Game Talk: Maple Leafs vs San Jose Sharks 7 PGT pg 21

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Honestly... if this outburst sparks the Sharks onto a huge run into a playoff spot to get Boston's pick far away from the lottery... this loss was worth it.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Honestly... if this outburst sparks the Sharks onto a huge run into a playoff spot to get Boston's pick far away from the lottery... this loss was worth it.

i actually agree. will not be happy if boston gets a top 10 pick in this year's draft.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
The whole team stunk, including Bernier. 7 goals on 24 shots is unacceptable in the NHL. The .774 save percentage reflects that. It's not one player's fault, it's the team's fault. You can't say that Bernier was the best player on the Leafs, that recognition goes to magic man Morgan Reilly who ended up not having a minus lol.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I'm gonna write a blues song called the second half blues.

Can't score a goal
*ba bada ba ba*
Phaneuf can't make a pass
*ba bada ba ba*
No playoffs in sight
*ba bada ba ba*
And Gardiner still sucks a%$

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If this loss gets head right, it is well worth it.

This is a rebuilding not competing team.

Don't fall in love with this temps.

Always look on the bright side of life:
1. Pens won
2. We helped mess up Boston's 1st.
3. 1 game closer to the TD.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
What a weird game. The game was dead even up until the opening goal. Even after the bonehead change that caused the second goal it still felt like a game the Leafs might have a real chance in.

Brett Burns is now playing like a re-incarnation of Al Iafrate. He plays defense like a power forward.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
So typical. Team looks to be finally be turning a corner then they walk off a cliff.

They just ran out of gas from being punished by 3 large teams.
Next up Columbus. This years tank force. We will be back in the W column next game.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I'm no Bernier fan as everyone knows, but the team in front of him was absolutely atrocious in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Special honours go to Kadri, Hunwick, and Phaneuf for being exceptionally putrid. But they've had a great couple of games prior to this and I'm still impressed by these Leafs. I think they'll respond next game, this is not Horrorchek behind the bench.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
It's strange that you seem more satisfied by a loss.

I think it's a statement on how annoying it is when people over-amplify a small sample size.

Especially when threads are full of: "oh hey where are all the people who said XXX?"

That being said, this loss could actually be a good thing. Tail end of a road trip where the team played well. Babcock said there'd be pain. This is one of those nights I guess. It's a turning-point loss they can learn from.

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
I'm no Bernier fan as everyone knows, but the team in front of him was absolutely atrocious in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Special honours go to Kadri, Hunwick, and Phaneuf for being exceptionally putrid. But they've had a great couple of games prior to this and I'm still impressed by these Leafs. I think they'll respond next game, this is not Horrorchek behind the bench.

The team did not show up and Bernier was fine until he allowed the 4th goal; after that, he totally fell apart like everyone else. You don't like to see these games that get totally out of hand.

Just a disastrous game for the team all round.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
It's strange that you seem more satisfied by a loss.

Like a lot of games this year and last, I don't watch it from start to finish. Whether they win or lose, I don't really "feel" anything as I think this is a long term process.

I find the short cutters and paraders more fun to debate than the realists.

Just think of the threads of the last two days. Sort of silly for a 27th place team to be talking playoffs and end of the rebuild just 3 months into the first season after "Scorched Earth" don't you think?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Hey, they kept the shots down to 31.

Oh, good point, no rebounds as the first shot went in!

If your keeper is stopping 39 shots a night for your wins something isn't right.

I'd rather draft top 5 then watch a mirage squeak out wins to draft 13th.

happyaccident

May 14, 2013
The schedule this year is bizarre. What's with all the 3 games in 4 nights and 3 or 4 day breaks. That entire-week break was really interesting. Going out west, it would be nice to play every other day or 3 games in 7 nights instead of 4. A small team like this is set up for failure, cramming 3 western games against big, punishing teams. I guess the schedule makers have a tough job so that's their excuse for doing a sh**** one. Other people have toughs jobs too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad