Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs Sign Adam Brooks to ELC

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Prairie Jesus comes from Twitter. I believe it was started by Jeff Veillette

jeffler does it again. i want the t-shirt, that say prairie jesus.
it will go well with leafs are actually good shirt.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
No joke, do not be surprised if this guy plays some NHL games next year.

Either due to injury or due to him grabbing that 4th line center spot.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him play wing, on the Marlies next season.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
I wouldn't be surprised to see him play wing, on the Marlies next season.

I would be very suprised to see him playing wing, we have more wingers than spots available and his only competition for center on a scoring line right now is Ben Smith. Based on current contracts, it would take another pre-season injury or really bad play for him to not earn the #2C role for the Marlies opener.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I would be very suprised to see him playing wing, we have more wingers than spots available and his only competition for center on a scoring line right now is Ben Smith. Based on current contracts, it would take another pre-season injury or really bad play for him to not earn the #2C role for the Marlies opener.

This is what the Marlies center depth look like at present

• Smith
  • Aaltonen
  • Cameranesi
  • Gauthier
  • Brooks
  • Toninato < I'm assuming he gets offered something

These were the Marlies centers in the last round of the playoffs last year

Colin Greening- 31
Cal O'Reilly - 30
Brett Findlay - 24
Sergey Kalinin - 26

gravyface

Jun 22, 2010

• Smith
  • Aaltonen
  • Cameranesi
  • Gauthier
  • Brooks

Colin Greening- 31
Cal O'Reilly - 30
Brett Findlay - 24
Sergey Kalinin - 26

Forgot about him. Didn't think much of him (Marlies depth), but then I read this:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maple-leafs-coach-babcock-optimisitc-aaltonen-next-season/

“Until he gets here, until we see him play every day with us, I don’t know for sure,†Babcock said before Saturday’s game against Chicago. “What I do know is he plays fast, he shoots the puck, he’s a competitive guy. We think he’s a guy who can help our roster.

“Now he’s got to make the transition and he’s got to have a big summer, and I think he will.â€Â

Babs usually doesn't talk about AHL guys much, are the Leafs thinking of leaving 4C open for him or a guy like Brooks? Would explain why they didn't reach out to Boyle.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

• Smith
  • Aaltonen
  • Cameranesi
  • Gauthier
  • Brooks

Colin Greening- 31
Cal O'Reilly - 30
Brett Findlay - 24
Sergey Kalinin - 26

Nasty

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON

• Smith
  • Aaltonen
  • Cameranesi
  • Gauthier
  • Brooks

Colin Greening- 31
Cal O'Reilly - 30
Brett Findlay - 24
Sergey Kalinin - 26

Brooks will have a lot of room to make an impact on the Marlies this season.

Gauthier won't be back for a while, Cameranesi could be with the ECHL or AHL, Smith is probably the 13th/14th forward with the Leafs.

The likeliness is the Leafs sign at least 1 or 2 veterans once free agency opens.

But my guess is Brooks starts in a 3rd or 4th line role. I like the situation for him.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

former regina pats captain adam brooks is cherishing a signature moment in his hockey career.

It was announced thursday that brooks has signed a three-year entry-level contract with the toronto maple leafs, who picked him in the fourth round of last year’s nhl draft. The deal completes his transition from the whl to the professional ranks, bringing him a step closer to his nhl dream.

"i was pretty shaky when i was signing the paper,” brooks said with a laugh from his home in winnipeg. "it was definitely exciting and pretty surreal. You talk about a lifetime of hard work. That’s what it was, not only by me but by my family as well. They sacrificed a lot in order for me to get to that point."

brooks doesn’t take those sacrifices lightly.

“you think about all the times that your parents rushed home from work to take you to hockey or set up rides for you,” he continued. “all the times they’d put you in camps or summer training, things like that. Now that (the contract) is done you get a chance to think about those things but you have to keep moving forward and create new memories and keep this hockey thing going as long as possible.”
“in junior you know you’re going back every year,” he said. “that was the case for me last year when i went to camp (with toronto). I knew no matter what happened i had a spot in regina. Obviously that’s not possible anymore. I was kind of on the edge of my seat (waiting for the contract). Now i know i’m going to be playing in the organization somewhere, whether it be the ahl or the (echl). You never really know.”
“they probably have an idea of where they see me fitting,” he said. “ultimately you want to go in and put your best foot forward and make a good impression. You’re their property for three years and you want to get off on the right foot.”

Last edited:

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Didn't know much about him till today and I kinda can't wait to see him tryout for the team and especially in the AHL

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Very happy for this guy! I was a fan of this pick right from the get go.

I think, around the fall of 2018, the genius of Hunter and his scouts will start to really become apparent.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Brooks will have a lot of room to make an impact on the Marlies this season.

Gauthier won't be back for a while, Cameranesi could be with the ECHL or AHL, Smith is probably the 13th/14th forward with the Leafs.

The likeliness is the Leafs sign at least 1 or 2 veterans once free agency opens.

But my guess is Brooks starts in a 3rd or 4th line role. I like the situation for him.

The "formula" they have been using recently on the farm, is when an "offensive first" rookie comes in he goes 3rd or 4th line, he proves he can play a defensive game, then he is moved up. they did it Nylander, they did it with Brown, they did it with Kapanen and so on. Brooks will get the same treatment.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
You all knew this one was coming no doubt. Now let's see what he can do for a season or two developing on the Marlies.

I didn't know it was coming, but very happy it happened. I think he could be a real dark horse.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00