Confirmed with Link: Maple Leafs Sign Adam Brooks to ELC

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Must really like him then.

The Leafs have an extra year of control where they could have offered him an AHL deal before giving him an ELC.

Good for him, he has earned it.

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
I was pretty surprised he didn't make the Marlies last year since he looked good in the rookie tournament. Hope he does well this year.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I was pretty surprised he didn't make the Marlies last year since he looked good in the rookie tournament. Hope he does well this year.

He actually was not spectacular in the rookie tournament honestly. That may be the reason he did not get one then.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
With him being unsigned after a strong, I had been wondering what they really thought about Brooks. No longer a question.

P.S. Why the sarcastic editorializing in the thread title?

member 262271

lolol @ Thread title. Good for Adam, looking forward to seeing him on the Marlies.

EDIT: Prairie Jesus, we hardly knew ye, didn't even know he was sick. Hello WHL Superscorer?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Must really like him then.

The Leafs have an extra year of control where they could have offered him an AHL deal before giving him an ELC.

Good for him, he has earned it.

He was already drafted as an overager so they've had more time to evaluate him already.

He could have played in the AHL last year already.

Since sending him back to junior is not longer an option I think signing him to his ELC contract seems to make the most sense. In fact if you're giving an 21 year old kid only an AHL contract I would suggest that you don't see much potential in him and not willing to commit to a ELC.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
He was already drafted as an overager so they've had more time to evaluate him already.

He could have played in the AHL last year already.

Since sending him back to junior is not longer an option I think signing him to his ELC contract seems to make the most sense.

I haven't seen him playing (much), just couple of games and the highlights, is he a legit prospect? or just the career junior leaguer

Does he have what it take to dance with the big guys

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
No joke, do not be surprised if this guy plays some NHL games next year.

Either due to injury or due to him grabbing that 4th line center spot.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I haven't seen him playing (much), just couple of games and the highlights, is he a legit prospect? or just the career junior leaguer

Does he have what it take to dance with the big guys

He is certainly a legit prospect. A B level with 2nd line potential. It also helps that he plays centre.
Here is how his discription is in a few words. No standout tools but no real weaknesses either. Good playmaker who is smart, works hard, defensively reliable. All though I feel his playmaking is quite great.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I think this kid has Bozak potential. If put in the right situation with 2nd/3rd line minutes he could be a 40 - 50 point guy. I'm interested in what he will do at the AHL level considering the lack of center depth on the Marlies. He could have a big rookie season with that shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->