Recalled/Assigned: Maple Leafs Recall Nikita Soshnikov from Marlies

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
There's a lot of players I'd remove from the lineup before Hyman. He actually works his butt off every shift.

the problem is for all his hard work he accomplishes nothing

either Hyman comes out or gets thrown on the 4th line with some pk time , other than that he has no use

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
There's a lot of players I'd remove from the lineup before Hyman. He actually works his butt off every shift.

I don't think anyone wants him removed, just replaced on that line.
He is nowhere near skilled enough to play with those two.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

yeah we saw Sosh shot last year he has a rocket perfect for Nylander and Matthews and still works hard and battles.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Not the player that deserved it the most if you go by performance on the Marlies but I think the Leafs really loved his compete level and skill on the bottom lines going back to last year.

you don't know that for sure. Sosh could be very deserving.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto

Yeah, you HAVE to have more than 1 measly point if your linemates have 11 and 10 points.

He doesn't contribute offensively and in fact holding them back. Soshnikov has a great shot, goes to the net, is more physical and has skill.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

A skilled power forward or bigger 2-way forward would be nice. Someone who can get pucks for them, be defensively responsible.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
A skilled power forward or bigger 2-way forward would be nice. Someone who can get pucks for them, be defensively responsible.

we know Matthews is very good along the boards but hasn't been doing it much lately maybe removing hyman will make Matthews go back to his board play because he can't just rely on Hyman.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
...His performance says otherwise.

Sosh put up better numbers in the NHl than AHL last year, I believe. Some guys are like that - need a bit of that extra motivation and perform better as the level of competition rises.

I wouldn't mind putting Brown next to Matthews and Nylander, and maybe Sosh can rejuvenate Komarov on Kadri's line.

Hyman should probably be on the 4th.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

No one's questioning his work ethic. It's his lack of skill that lets him and the rest of his line mates down.

There's a large gap between Hyman getting the puck and knowing what to do with it when he gets it.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Mike Babcock has been looking for a solution for the second winger spot on the Leo Komarov and Nazem Kadri line since the demotion of Milan Michalek, rotating in Connor Brown and Seth Griffith over the past three games. Soshnikov has some past experience on the line. The three played together last season for around 100 even strength minutes to good results — Soshnikov was a 53.3% CF in 125 5v5 minutes with Nazem Kadri and a 53.6% in 92 minutes with Leo Komarov. Assuming he plays there again, Soshnikov should provide some pace, edge, and skill, as well as a shooter/triggerman for a line that has been lacking one.
https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2016...eafs-recall-nikita-soshnikov-toronto-marlies/

pgk

Jun 24, 2014
Leivo is not injured, Babcock said so himself. He said he's ready to play, he's just not playing.

Jacked up to see Sosh again! Babcock likely starts him with Kadri and Leo again just for familiarity but I think they want him with JVR and Boz. Marner and Kadri are a better fit.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Would try something like this:
JVR-Matthews-Nylander
Soshnikov-Bozak-Marner
Hyman-Kadri-Komarov

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Sosh put up better numbers in the NHl than AHL last year, I believe. Some guys are like that - need a bit of that extra motivation and perform better as the level of competition rises.

I wouldn't mind putting Brown next to Matthews and Nylander, and maybe Sosh can rejuvenate Komarov on Kadri's line.

Hyman should probably be on the 4th.

He played much better last year compared to this year on the Marlies. His injury probably set him back quite a bit, so I hope he was just getting his legs back.

I'm not trying to criticize him here, I just saying there were a couple other players that deserved it more than him if you go by performance. That's all.

Last edited:

iBlaze81

Jan 18, 2010
I think they should put in Sosh in Hyman's spot. Both play a similar game, Hyman might play a bit of better fore-check game, but Sosh has a better scoring touch.

Sosh - Matthews - Nylander

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad