Recalled/Assigned: Maple Leafs have recalled forward Kyle Clifford from the Toronto Marlies (AHL)

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Iirc, Simmonds wasn’t in the last game against the Wild. Wasn’t he with his wife and new baby?

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Foligno would beat Crouse's ass.
Actually, I wasn’t saying that he would fight Foligno. Sorry, I see that my previous post is implying that. I was just saying that I wanted to trade for Crouse, because I like his style of play and think he would bring that physicality we need.

Reactions: Magic Man

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Our 4th line is a massive negative with him on it, so it definitely hurts our team. Maybe not 'a lot', since it is the 4th line and they rarely play anyways, but the man is bad at everything including physicality at this point. He goes out there, skates around a little bit (mostly in his own end because his line gets hemmed in constantly) and then comes back to the bench and repeats it like a dozen times. Doesn't even lay out hits anymore and brings absolutely no energy or intensity with his play at all.

Honestly, Clifford looks like a guy who is collecting his last NHL paycheque and is ready to retire next year. His heart and body just doesn't look in it anymore, and I doubt he has any interest in slumming it in the AHL beyond this year. Maybe he would be interested in an experience like playing in Switzerland for a couple of years, but that wouldn't be about the money or even the love of hockey based on how he has looked with both the Leafs and the Marlies.
He’ll answer the bell when called just like he did against the Jets when they were manhandling his teammates. Without even a threat of a response this team will get manhandled in the playoffs like they do every year.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
He’ll answer the bell when called just like he did against the Jets when they were manhandling his teammates. Without even a threat of a response this team will get manhandled in the playoffs like they do every year.
This is BS. They couldn't score when they needed to.

But feel free to try again.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2