GDT: Maple Leafs at Flyers on TSN 4 7:00pm EST

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
I am so prouf of being a maple leaf fan right now. This was so great and deserved and served as well. Our team is playing so much better than so many other fool teams right now. We don't even need our key players like JVR. Komarov is that great and scores the most. He's so much more important than kessel who makes other teams worse. Komarov defends, scores the most, hits the most and still leads. He is ours for life, a franchise leaf winner in the future michael j fox.

Not sure if you noticed, but Komarov hasn't been all that great the last few games...

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Nice response by the Leafs after a terrible start to the game.

I'm sure that we could say that about all of the games though.

Really liked Matthias' game tonight.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

I've liked his game for the last few months. He really stood out today & if he starts burying those chances he'll be awesome.

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
I am so prouf of being a maple leaf fan right now. This was so great and deserved and served as well. 1. Our team is playing so much better than so many other fool teams right now. 2. We don't even need our key players like JVR. Komarov is that great and scores the most. He's so much more important than 3. kessel who makes other teams worse. Komarov defends, scores the most, hits the most and still leads. He is ours for life, a franchise4. leaf winner in the future michael j fox.

1. Our team is 1-5-0 in our last six, how is that considered playing better than "other fool teams?"

2. Since JVR went down the Leafs have scored 7 goals in 4 games, and Komarov has 1 goal and one assist in that span.

3. Kessel's team has a better record than the Leafs without a guy like Komarov.

4. Outside of a surprising half season, what exactly has Komarov done to be considered a "Leaf winner" either now or in the future?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Losing JVR has derailed our offense the last few games, but the work ethic has still been there, despite the results. We just don't have the depth to absorb the loss of one of our top forwards.

Well deserved victory tonight, but it's going to be a very tough grind until JVR is back, which is really for the best in the grand scheme of things.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015

Finally realized performance = way out to a playoff team

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Shanny and Da Lou-natics have done a great job at calming the restless natives while evaluating and rebuilding. Just go with it

We suck worse than ever but they're doing a good job of selling light at the end of the tunnel

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Not sure if you noticed, but Komarov hasn't been all that great the last few games...

He's been hitting and playing solid winning D lately. Not scoring right now, but so didn't crosby and some other fool dorks early on this season for 10 games straight. It's impossible for star players like komarov, crosby and Gallagher to score every single game every night. Nobody can do that, not even ovechkin. Every now and then ovechkin too plays 5 games without goals. Komarov tends to do that too. But mean while he hits, leads and plays winning D at the same time. Therefore he is the most important player and the KEY for our future to come. We couldn't find a player like him nowhere even if we'd look. Therefore we can't trade him for a young fool ether. That young fool will never we so versatile komarov is. They is fools.

RayNibbs

Mar 26, 2015
Toronto, ON
The Flyers seem to be on the cusp of doing what the Leafs did for the past decade.

Nah they have a quality top line locked up along with a solid pool of defensive prospects with a couple young forwards coming through right now. But they've been toiling in mediocrity in the past couple seasons, I'll give ya that.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
He's been hitting and playing solid winning D lately. Not scoring right now, but so didn't crosby and some other fool dorks early on this season for 10 games straight. It's impossible for star players like komarov, crosby and Gallagher to score every single game every night. Nobody can do that, not even ovechkin. Every now and then ovechkin too plays 5 games without goals. Komarov tends to do that too. But mean while he hits, leads and plays winning D at the same time. Therefore he is the most important player and the KEY for our future to come. We couldn't find a player like him nowhere even if we'd look. Therefore we can't trade him for a young fool ether. That young fool will never we so versatile komarov is. They is fools.

I pity the fools who doesn't like Leo.
If the champ had one prediction for the next game:
Pain.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Matthias is a total beast along the boards, I mean a total beast. He should be highly coveted by teams that don't have a strong board game that are in playoff contention or sitting in a playoff spot.

I think if keeps his game at this level, he might even fetch a third or ahem, cough, cough, a second. Particularly if he starts scoring.

On another note, remember when Lupul sort of owned the city of Toronto a couple of years ago?

Guy looks like a shell of his former self, must be weird, but profitable, to be totally unwanted by everyone inside the Leaf organization because of your albotross contract. You don't stay at the top for long in this game.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
On another note, its hard for me to say because I thought the guy was just riddled with weaknesses, but this Reimer is clearly turning into something here, I thought he made many difficult saves look easy tonight. Could even say he won the game for the Leafs. Have to give him credit, I thought he was Luke Schenn with a pair of goaltender pads. Way to go James.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad