Confirmed with Link: Manny Malhotra hired as Canucks development coach

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
I think Malhotra could be one of the best things to happen to this team.

Help Sutter improve on faceoffs even more. Then he can help develop Horvat in the circle, a great leader too.

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
Saw the retirement thread on the main board first, saw he was talking about going into coaching and really hoped he'd come to us. I thought he was a great leader here, and I'm salivating at the prospect.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Part of me hopes he'll wait until Benning and Desjardins are fired so he'll be able to come into a functional situation with competent colleagues.

But please come back, Manny.

I knew our Cup hopes died when I saw the back panel of the paper the day after he got the puck in his eye. I just knew it.

oyvey

meet you at the bottom if there really is one
Jan 6, 2010
Toronto
It's not like they have anything to lose by bringing in someone new to work on faceoffs...

I knew our Cup hopes died when I saw the back panel of the paper the day after he got the puck in his eye. I just knew it.
The funny part is he returned for Game 3 of the SCF... :cry:

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
It's not like they have anything to lose by bringing in someone new to work on faceoffs...

The funny part is he returned for Game 3 of the SCF...
:cry:

Game 3 was like being forced to watch someone torture a family member for 3 hours. Absolute nightmare of a game. I remember Luongo boasting before game 3 about how he got his first win/shutout in that building and how he felt confident going in. Worst Canucks game I've ever watched.

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC

The funny part is he returned for Game 3 of the SCF... :cry:

It was Game 2

Love Manny & hope he joins our coaching staff. Though tbh the Hamhuis injury is when our chances went out the door.... Sigh.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Game 3 was like being forced to watch someone torture a family member for 3 hours. Absolute nightmare of a game. I remember Luongo boasting before game 3 about how he got his first win/shutout in that building and how he felt confident going in. Worst Canucks game I've ever watched.

id be so less salty about scf if the games we lost were 2-1

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
He only played a few years here but his influence was massive. The guy was the ultimate third line center in 2011 - he dominated the dot, was a workhorse defensively and chipped in 30 points to boot. The eye injury was catastrophic to our cup run that year, before that they were simply unstoppable. They still made the finals but it was tougher than it could have been if Manny were in the fold.

His return in Game 2 is legendary stuff. I'd love to have him back as a mentor, he's the kind of presence you want around the youngsters (not these bums like Dorsett and Prust.)

Orca Whalers

May 24, 2013
If he doesn't sustain that brutal eye injury we win the cup. Never was the same player afterwards.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Not sure where he has his roots these days but Utica is only about a hour flight from his hometown of Mississauga.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
He'd make a good player coach in the AHL, no? Canucks can call him up for nine games, so he can get his thousand. Canucks will have plenty of meaningless games this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad