Dec 14, 2013
I don't understand Petan - PPG in the AHL but can't do much in the big show
Hopefully he gets another chance before the Jets cut him out

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I don't understand Petan - PPG in the AHL but can't do much in the big show
Hopefully he gets another chance before the Jets cut him out
I saw this yesterday. I think it tells an interesting story.

Petan has been forced to become a shoot first player in his time with the Jets. He's taking more than 30 of the team's shots when he's on the ice. That probably says something about the junk that he's played with.

Similar story for Dano.

Last edited:
Reactions: jetsforever

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Petan is a numbers game. He's incredibly skilled, and an excellent play maker, but he's been shunted to the 3rd and 4th lines because he's not good enough to supplant what's already up there. I want him to carve out a good career, but that seems unlikely as long as he stays with the Jets. Should trade him to Carolina with a small add for Jacob Slavin tbh.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Petan is a numbers game. He's incredibly skilled, and an excellent play maker, but he's been shunted to the 3rd and 4th lines because he's not good enough to supplant what's already up there. I want him to carve out a good career, but that seems unlikely as long as he stays with the Jets. Should trade him to Carolina with a small add for Jacob Slavin tbh.
Why do you think Slaving will be available on the cheap?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

By "a small add" you mean "an add that has significantly more value than Petan," right?

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

I've always figured Petan would be the "small add" in any trade. :D

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I wonder what his penalty differential is this season?

From what I've seen Lemieux does not draw many penalties. Everyone knows that he will be dumb and take penalties so they goad him into it. Not the other way around.

Despite the improved actual hockey play this year, it seems like his head is going the wrong way more and more rather than what you'd expect from a maturing person. This is bad news for the Jets, IMO. I actually think it might be time for Jets to trade him at the draft as his value may never be higher than this draft. Another year of very poor showings in NHL when given chances like this year along with the head case and penalty issue in AHL might spell the end of an NHL chance. Albeit it has been seen many times where players struggle mightily in their first season getting limited call-ups then come back the next year as legitimate NHL talents. I am just concerned his head and ego won't let him take that next step.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
From what I've seen Lemieux does not draw many penalties. Everyone knows that he will be dumb and take penalties so they goad him into it. Not the other way around.

Despite the improved actual hockey play this year, it seems like his head is going the wrong way more and more rather than what you'd expect from a maturing person. This is bad news for the Jets, IMO. I actually think it might be time for Jets to trade him at the draft as his value may never be higher than this draft. Another year of very poor showings in NHL when given chances like this year along with the head case and penalty issue in AHL might spell the end of an NHL chance. Albeit it has been seen many times where players struggle mightily in their first season getting limited call-ups then come back the next year as legitimate NHL talents. I am just concerned his head and ego won't let him take that next step.
Actually, he showed fine in the NHL in limited usage this season, and his disciplinary issues haven't emerged at the NHL level. I think there's a decent chance that the Jets see him as a future Jet, but if not, I agree they should move him soon while his value is high and before he becomes frustrated in the AHL.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Actually, he showed fine in the NHL in limited usage this season, and his disciplinary issues haven't emerged at the NHL level. I think there's a decent chance that the Jets see him as a future Jet, but if not, I agree they should move him soon while his value is high and before he becomes frustrated in the AHL.

We watched different games. Lemieux struggled to hold onto the puck at all in his Jets time and was a step behind the play. It's not uncommon with first time call-ups though, seen it with Kings players like Alec Martinez, Dwight King for example that I remember off top of my head.

Jets shouldn't be worried about him getting frusterated. He should be showing smarter in the AHL. There's been quite a few bad reports lately and these are confirmed things (sat out of a game for disciplinary reasons). NHL spots are not earned with that behavior. The fact that it's getting worse right now is a bad sign you have to agree at least to that.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Regarding Lemieux and penalties.... just for fun I went back and looked at the penalties Lemieux took in games that the Moose lost to see if he was the reason for the loss. Today he took a penalty and the game winning goal was scored during the PK. Other than that the only game where a goal was scored during a Lemieux penalty in a loss was March 4 where Lemieux protested the Petan penalty and received a 2 minute unsportsmanlike and a 10 minute unsportsmanlike penalty - both for abuse of the official. He was benched for the rest of the game. That is it. That's all there is.

When looking at his penalties however I now understand why he was benched for his abuse of the official penalty. He has done that several times this year. His "dumb" penalties are pretty much all "unsportsmanlike" for abusing the officials.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Christ, I was being facetious. Why does everybody take ****ing everything so seriously around here?

Yeah given that it was you I should have picked up on it, but maybe in the future throw a :sarcasm: in there so I don't embarrass myself again :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad