Manitoba Moose 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Well Nogier was actually pretty terrible in the NHL last year. I'm not too surprised. Missing most the year is really hard to come back from and he wasn't very far ahead of other guys to begin with.

Nogier is still overall going to be ahead of guys like Stoykewych, Kostalek for next year but missing most of the year means he is behind at the moment.

I didn't think he was that bad. Didn’t make any big mistakes. He won’t be an NHL defenseman but he wasn’t noticeable in a bad way which is about as much as you can ask for a replacement level rookie D man.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Still a few good seats available for tonight's Moose game...I guess Winnipeg's sports entertainment dollars are all spoken for.

upload_2018-5-4_10-34-47.png

Dirty30

Feb 12, 2012
We’ll see that number grow significantly next week if the Jets continue to play the way they did last night

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Still a few good seats available for tonight's Moose game...I guess Winnipeg's sports entertainment dollars are all spoken for.

View attachment 119085

Where are all the Moose fans that didn't want the Jets back because the tickets would be too expensive? The Moose tickets are still affordable and the fans would be supporting the Jets prospects instead of the Canucks prospects like they did in the past. There should be enough interest to fill the lower bowl at least but it doesn't seem to be the case.

:jets

Reactions: Hobby Bull

YoyiBear

Mar 12, 2018
I'm going with my son tonight. But I gotta admit I'm getting hockeyd out. First time watching games in May in a long time. With the nice weather just want to fire up the bbq and sit on deck with a drink and enjoy mosquito free weather. But want to support the baby jets so going tonight. Maybe tomorrow too.

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I also think people are down playing the monetary commitment that is being made by people in this Jets playoff run. It isn't just the people going to the playoff games. We have thousands attending those street parties in which I imagine many are spending a decent chunk of change around the area. Whether its meals at the food trucks, buying merchandise, or eating somewhere in the neighborhood, thousands of people are spending money. That also doesn't take into account that lounges and restaurants are packed during Jets games throughout the city. I'm sure many local establishments are quite happy with the playoff run.

It is understandable that spending money to go see the Moose is taking a bit of a backstage right now.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Once again buddy robinson is our best player lemuiex looks like he's in agitator mode and took a dumb penalty they will have to kill to start the 3rd

Smallish crowd for a Friday

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Where are all the Moose fans that didn't want the Jets back because the tickets would be too expensive? The Moose tickets are still affordable and the fans would be supporting the Jets prospects instead of the Canucks prospects like they did in the past. There should be enough interest to fill the lower bowl at least but it doesn't seem to be the case.

That's kind of an asshole statement.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
I also think people are down playing the monetary commitment that is being made by people in this Jets playoff run. It isn't just the people going to the playoff games. We have thousands attending those street parties in which I imagine many are spending a decent chunk of change around the area. Whether its meals at the food trucks, buying merchandise, or eating somewhere in the neighborhood, thousands of people are spending money. That also doesn't take into account that lounges and restaurants are packed during Jets games throughout the city. I'm sure many local establishments are quite happy with the playoff run.

It is understandable that spending money to go see the Moose is taking a bit of a backstage right now.
Totally a factor. How many other cities have 2 hockey teams still playing??

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Well the fact the Moose looked like the jets did yesterday it was a bad game too bad :( scarbosa #4 was horrible and so was reffing

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
That's kind of an ******* statement.

Not sure why you say that Deedog99. You don't think the Moose deserve better support? I do. They've had a great season and yet the crowds have been rather small. I've been to Moose playoff games in the past which had crowds of 15 thousand.

We've got a great situation here in Winnipeg with both the Jets and Moose in the same city. The Moose players don't have to move back and forth between different cities when they get called up by the Jets or when they're sent back down. I'd hate to see that jeopardized by the lack of fan support resulting in TNSE moving the Moose to another city.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Agreed this is a big part of it. It is not just the money commitment it is the time commitment. If I spend the night at the street party for the Jets, for many people this then replaces the Moose game they otherwise might have went to.

Reactions: Spock

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
They have a much better record on the road for some reason...but it would've been nice if the Moose could've stolen one at home... :sarcasm:

Reactions: 204hockey

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I'm going with my son tonight. But I gotta admit I'm getting hockeyd out. First time watching games in May in a long time. With the nice weather just want to fire up the bbq and sit on deck with a drink and enjoy mosquito free weather. But want to support the baby jets so going tonight. Maybe tomorrow too.
Am I the only one who thinks they should officially be called "the Baby Jets?"

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Anyone know why Hutchinson is still up with the Jets? Mason is listed as healthy now, right? Hutch was dominating with the Moose and could be the difference maker right now...

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Anyone know why Hutchinson is still up with the Jets? Mason is listed as healthy now, right? Hutch was dominating with the Moose and could be the difference maker right now...
They should also send Roslo down that way we have a chance of winning at least one cup. I am getting really pesimissistic about their chances of getting Stanley as they may or may not move on from this round and then they have to face a well-rested Vegas. It's the problem when the Central is that much stronger than all the other divisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad