Manitoba Moose 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Lemieux, Robinson, Schilling and Comrie were good. Nice to send the defending champs packing after winning 2 out of 3 in their barn. Onto to Rockford, should be a tough test. Go Moose.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Yep gotta save that travel $$$ lol

Has a lot to do with scheduling. They don't start until both the NHL and NBA announce the first round. So they start a week after the NHL as it is. If they played two more games now they might still be playing during the entry draft. They quite often are still playing after the Stanley Cup is awarded.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Moose played a real nice road game. Looked like a different team with Buddy in the lineup. Comrie was good but he was really only tested when the Griffins were on the PP.

Really liked what I saw from Niku defensively. He never tried to force the game. Can't wait to see him in TC next season.

Reactions: MrBoJangelz71

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
Is it possible that Hutch gets sent down again to the Moose with Mason as the backup again? Or are they going to just hold 3 goalies just in case the rest of the playoffs.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
CONFIRMED: First game is Friday.

Central Division Finals – Series “K” (best-of-7)
C3-Manitoba Moose vs. C4-Rockford IceHogs
Game 1 – Fri., May 4 – Rockford at Manitoba, 8:00
Game 2 – Sat., May 5 – Rockford at Manitoba, 5:00
Game 3 – Wed., May 9 – Manitoba at Rockford, 8:00
Game 4 – Fri., May 11 – Manitoba at Rockford, 8:00
*Game 5 – Sat., May 12 – Manitoba at Rockford, 7:00
*Game 6 – Tue., May 15 – Rockford at Manitoba, 8:00
*Game 7 – Wed., May 16 – Rockford at Manitoba, 8:00
*if necessary... All times Eastern

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Is it possible that Hutch gets sent down again to the Moose with Mason as the backup again? Or are they going to just hold 3 goalies just in case the rest of the playoffs.

It is possible but they need three goalies now so they would switch with Phillips. It might affect the Jets playoff callup limit so it's also possible they just stay pat. If the Jets get eliminated though you could see Poolman Roslovic and Hutch play for the Moose.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Moose played a real nice road game. Looked like a different team with Buddy in the lineup. Comrie was good but he was really only tested when the Griffins were on the PP.

Really liked what I saw from Niku defensively. He never tried to force the game. Can't wait to see him in TC next season.
I'm a huge fan of buddy robinson real late bloomer basicly the Blake wheeler of the ahl someone shld sign him for a 4th line role at least in the nhl

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think the irony is Winnipeg got lucky by not signing so many bad UFA contracts because it's such an undesirable place to play in terms of the weather. In that case it worked for us because we drafted so many good forwards.

Love this hockey in Winnipeg right now!

Kind of wonder if we have Lemieux on our roster next season for the 4th line just to have somebody go intimidate goons like Marchand and Kesler.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Game 2 – Sat., May 5 – Rockford at Manitoba, 5:00
Interesting...hope it doesn't go into OT

Looks like McGrinch's times are ET. Game 2 actually starts at 4 pm local time.

Central Division Finals Schedule - Manitoba Moose

Winnipeg, MB – The Manitoba Moose Hockey Club announced today the schedule for the Central Division Finals against the Rockford IceHogs.

The best-of-seven series will open in Winnipeg, at Bell MTS Place, on Friday, May 4 at 7 p.m. Game 2 follows on Saturday, May 5 at 4 p.m. at Bell MTS Place.

Games 6 and 7, if necessary, are scheduled for Tuesday, May 15 and Wednesday, May 16 at 7 p.m. at Bell MTS Place. Both dates are subject to change pending the scheduling of Stanley Cup Playoffs games.

Tickets for all four home games of the series will go on sale at 10 a.m. tomorrow, Tuesday, May 1, at moosehockey.com/tickets.

GAMEDATEDAYTIME (CT)VENUE
Game 1May 4, 2018Friday7 P.M.Bell MTS Place
Game 2May 5, 2018Saturday4 P.M.Bell MTS Place
Game 3May 9, 2018Wednesday7 P.M.BMO Harris Bank Center
Game 4May 11, 2018Friday7 P.M.BMO Harris Bank Center
Game 5*May 12, 2018Saturday6 P.M.BMO Harris Bank Center
Game 6**May 15, 2018Tuesday7 P.M.Bell MTS Place
Game 7**May 16, 2018Wednesday7 P.M.Bell MTS Place
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*If necessary
**If necessary, subject to change pending scheduling of Stanley Cup Playoffs games

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Looks like McGrinch's times are ET. Game 2 actually starts at 4 pm local time.

Central Division Finals Schedule - Manitoba Moose

Winnipeg, MB – The Manitoba Moose Hockey Club announced today the schedule for the Central Division Finals against the Rockford IceHogs.

The best-of-seven series will open in Winnipeg, at Bell MTS Place, on Friday, May 4 at 7 p.m. Game 2 follows on Saturday, May 5 at 4 p.m. at Bell MTS Place.

Games 6 and 7, if necessary, are scheduled for Tuesday, May 15 and Wednesday, May 16 at 7 p.m. at Bell MTS Place. Both dates are subject to change pending the scheduling of Stanley Cup Playoffs games.

Tickets for all four home games of the series will go on sale at 10 a.m. tomorrow, Tuesday, May 1, at moosehockey.com/tickets.

GAMEDATEDAYTIME (CT)VENUE
Game 1May 4, 2018Friday7 P.M.Bell MTS Place
Game 2May 5, 2018Saturday4 P.M.Bell MTS Place
Game 3May 9, 2018Wednesday7 P.M.BMO Harris Bank Center
Game 4May 11, 2018Friday7 P.M.BMO Harris Bank Center
Game 5*May 12, 2018Saturday6 P.M.BMO Harris Bank Center
Game 6**May 15, 2018Tuesday7 P.M.Bell MTS Place
Game 7**May 16, 2018Wednesday7 P.M.Bell MTS Place
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*If necessary
**If necessary, subject to change pending scheduling of Stanley Cup Playoffs games

I knew they were ET. His post stated so.

There is still an extremely tight timeline for the turnaround between the Moose game and the viewing party. If the game ends in regulation should be doable but if it goes to OT all bets are off. If it goes 2OT the viewing party likely won't happen at all.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Kind of wonder if we have Lemieux on our roster next season for the 4th line just to have somebody go intimidate goons like Marchand and Kesler.

To be kind of blunt, this is a stupid line of thinking. For starters, the idea that Marchand, or any supremely annoying agitator, would be intimidated in the NHL is simply not going to happen. Lemieux has taken way too many game misconducts and inopportune penalties. His skill level isn't enough to ignore that type of play. He needs to get his head on straight, and learn how to channel his irritation level more effectively. Ironically, he could benefit from watching Brad Marchand and Brendan Gallagher to learn how to agitate and be effective at the NHL level.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Nice game by Lemieux for most part.
Lemieux remains the favorite whipping boy for quite a few around here, but he's really produced at a high level this season and has a lot of NHL level attributes. I think the discipline issues will tone down with an NHL coach and roster, as they do for a lot of players who are undisciplined in the minors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad