Manitoba Moose 2015-2016 Season (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Baker and DeSalvo seem to be really impressing. Maybe they'll be back next year on AHL contracts.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Keith-McCambridge-at-IcePlex-300x168.png

Topics: On players turning it up as season comes to a close. On De Leo and Kosmachuk coming back to the Moose. His thoughts on Brenden Kichton getting recalled by the Jets. On De Salvo’s game he has brought from the ECHL. What does De Salvo bring to the game? On the signing of Sean Escobedo. What did Wilson bring to the Moose in his first game with the club? On players making jump from college to pro. What does it mean to him seeing the prospects being called up to the Jets? On the Hellebuyck and Comrie goalie tandem.

To listen click here.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The defense the Moose rolled out tonight is an embarrasment. Not ONE guy even AHL calibre. :laugh:

Baker - MacWilliam
Harstad - Serville
Wilson - Escobedo

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Kostalek's been out for a while.. I assume he's injured and there tends to be very little info on AHL injuries.

DK59

Nov 18, 2012
The defense the Moose rolled out tonight is an embarrasment. Not ONE guy even AHL calibre. :laugh:

Baker - MacWilliam
Harstad - Serville
Wilson - Escobedo

I am not disagreeing with your assessment of the poor quality of the defense but one player who caught my eye in a positive way about a month ago when I was at a Moose game was Baker. He was brought up on a trial and was later sent back when players returned from injury but I did hear that he made a positive impression. For me he at least passed the eye test of belonging at the AHL level. My initial impression was just based on the one game so you an take it with a grain of salt but Baker might be the kind of guy that we have on the team next year to help fill out the bottom part of our defense.

DK59

Nov 18, 2012
I've been really impressed with Baker the last 2 games I've been to. I had never heard of him before last week, but he is very noticeable.. in a good way.

I only saw your post after posting my comments on Baker. I can say that I was left with the same impression. After seeing him I had to look him up because I had no idea who he was either.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I could tell from watching the Moose is that they're not at all very well organized. It reminds me of watching the Oilers because they rely too much on their young guys and young guys are the face of the Moose.

Or it could be the coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad