Manitoba Moose 2015-2016 Season (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Continue here!

From previous thread:

He has all the bad luck in the world; according to austrian press he got hit in the face a week ago in practice. He played however two games afterwards in the AHL, than against the Admirals he got because of back ache for medical examination where they found out he was playing the last two games with a broken jaw... (he is now week to week)

Raffl is Austrian for Clitsome. :)

I'm excited about De Leo. Considering how low scoring this team is, he is producing at an impressive rate. Probably one of the better starts to an AHL career that we have seen from any of our prospects.

As am I. Expect him to possibly be a good bottom 6 player in the future.

Was actually wondering if he could of deserved a call up for a few days here, but I guess getting real playing time is probably better for him.

He is interesting gor sure. I think he's sitting at about .54 PPG think generally .70 is a strong indicator of success but the Moose have had so much trouble scoring I wonder whether in a normal situation he would be much close to .70

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The only good thing that has come out of this garbage season for both the Moose and the Jets is atleast the conspiracy theory among some Jets fans that "TNSE cares more about the AHL team than the NHL one has been put to rest" :laugh:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah. It seems the Jets have passed on undisciplinitiss to the Moose.

Some other thoughts:

Deleo is really buzzing around.

Morrissey has set up a couple of grade A scoring chances and looks good joining the rush. His defensive play has been better though.

Petan shows some real good flashes but needs some work on the boards and needs to play with a bit more pace when he has the pick.

Kostelek/Stoykewych - McWilliams pairing reminds me of Stuart - Chariot. They have been ugly tonight.

Lowry has played a real strong two-way game and had a grade a quality scoring chances.

Comrie has been real solid in net as well.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
...and the 3-2 score holds. First time this year the Moose have won consecutive games.

Small crowd last night (obvious reasons), how is the crowd tonight?

Is there a reason 1290 doesn't put the Moose games on the RADIO when the Jets are not playing?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Small crowd last night (obvious reasons), how is the crowd tonight?

Is there a reason 1290 doesn't put the Moose games on the RADIO when the Jets are not playing?

AHL site has it at 5742.

The NFL thursday night game perhap?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Scoring
1. SA Rantanen, (10) (Smith, Bigras), 15:50 (PP)
2. SA Zadorov, (5) (Rendulic, Smith), 9:30 (PP)
2. MB Cormier, (4) (Kichton, Lowry), 18:39 (PP)
3. MB Albert, (4) (Kichton, Fraser), 6:49 (PP)
3. MB Olsen, (3) (Kosmachuk, Brassard), 7:3

Comrie 30/32 .938

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Crowd looked small to me but it was my first game this season so I don't have much of a reference.

Pretty entertaining game overall, nice to finally see the vets provide some scoring :p

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Crowd looked small to me but it was my first game this season so I don't have much of a reference.

Pretty entertaining game overall, nice to finally see the vets provide some scoring :p

Yeah the crowd wasn't super big tonight but it was an entertaining game. I'm also happy to see the vets step up and really contribute. That was the best I've seen Kosmachuk play this year, let's hope he keeps it up.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Yeah. It seems the Jets have passed on undisciplinitiss to the Moose.

Some other thoughts:

Deleo is really buzzing around.

Morrissey has set up a couple of grade A scoring chances and looks good joining the rush. His defensive play has been better though.

Petan shows some real good flashes but needs some work on the boards and needs to play with a bit more pace when he has the pick.

Kostelek/Stoykewych - McWilliams pairing reminds me of Stuart - Chariot. They have been ugly tonight.

Lowry has played a real strong two-way game and had a grade a quality scoring chances.

Comrie has been real solid in net as well.

Tough to argue with any of this. Was at the game, missed most of the first cause my kid played timbits at intermission, but what I did see of the game I really enjoyed, very entertaining, sometimes a coaches nightmare but fun for fans.
De Leo is impressive, he stood out more than Petan, I really like his skating seems to have a powerful stride. Morrissey looked bored out there, I enjoyed his game, he looks poised. Cormier had a good night, a great pro for those young guys to learn from. Comrie was good, at least two more years in the minors and we shall see where he ends up. He reminds me of me when I played (ok, pad size only) he looks like he's wearing 32's out there those pads are small, I love it!
Fun night!
BTW, I liked some of the pre game vids and between whistle stuff better than at Jet games.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
The crowd was the smallest I've seen so far. (This was my 4th). But it was a good game!

They sure like to fight. Many fights at every game I've been to. Like the guy beside us said "it's like we went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out!" :laugh:

I totally missed the third goal cause I was watching the announcements of the previous goal on the jumbotron.

De Leo really stands out to me at every game I've been to. I agree that he seems better than Petan. They have similar styles.

What happened to Harrison? He disappeared half way through.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The crowd was the smallest I've seen so far. (This was my 4th). But it was a good game!

They sure like to fight. Many fights at every game I've been to. Like the guy beside us said "it's like we went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out!" :laugh:

I totally missed the third goal cause I was watching the announcements of the previous goal on the jumbotron.

De Leo really stands out to me at every game I've been to. I agree that he seems better than Petan. They have similar styles.

What happened to Harrison? He disappeared half way through.

My GF saw him limp off the ice after colliding with someone. He didn't return after.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Tough to argue with any of this. Was at the game, missed most of the first cause my kid played timbits at intermission, but what I did see of the game I really enjoyed, very entertaining, sometimes a coaches nightmare but fun for fans.
De Leo is impressive, he stood out more than Petan, I really like his skating seems to have a powerful stride. Morrissey looked bored out there, I enjoyed his game, he looks poised. Cormier had a good night, a great pro for those young guys to learn from. Comrie was good, at least two more years in the minors and we shall see where he ends up. He reminds me of me when I played (ok, pad size only) he looks like he's wearing 32's out there those pads are small, I love it!
Fun night!
BTW, I liked some of the pre game vids and between whistle stuff better than at Jet games.

He makes a lot of stuff look really easy. A good chunk of his game is NHL ready imo. He really just needs to iron out his defensive zone coverage when the other team has prolonged stretches with the puck. He tends to chase the carrier a bit too much and gets mixed up with some of his teammates at times. His board work while could also use some more polish.

I also agree that DeLeo stands out more than Petan at this point. The difference to me is that DeLeo has pro wheels and plays a high temple feisty game which has translated more quickly than Petan's game. Petan is finding out that when he tries to slow the game down as he did in junior there are guys on him really quickly. He's a smart kid and will adapt imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig