Manitoba Moose: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Nice feed by De Leo there on that goal they showed.

Noticed he's wearing 19 for the Moose so that must mean that Petan has made the Jets and will be wearing 19 for the big club. At least that's what I'm going on......

anyway De Leo is going to be an exciting player to watch this year and the team in general will be I think.

TommyKillian

Dec 12, 2013
The roster looks pretty good but I don't know much about the other AHL teams. Will the moose be much better than the Ice Caps were last year? I'd like the young guys to learn the pro game on a competitive team. I think Fraser and Halischuk will be good AHL scorers.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The roster looks pretty good but I don't know much about the other AHL teams. Will the moose be much better than the Ice Caps were last year? I'd like the young guys to learn the pro game on a competitive team. I think Fraser and Halischuk will be good AHL scorers.

Lots of turnover...

Out: Jaffray, O'Niell, Klingberg, O'Dell, Balisy, MacKinnon, Riley, Brouillette, Ellerby, Blanchard, Fredhiem, Hill, Freibergs, Holland, Budaj...anyone else of note?

In: De Leo*, Halischuk, Lodge*, Trotter, Fraser, Fronk, O'Donnell*, Blomqvist*, Morrissey*, MacWilliam, Kostalek*, Pardy/Harrison, Raffl*/Peluso, Comrie*...Anyone else? (* = rookie)

Goaltending looks better with Budaj gone and Comrie in. Won't have to ride Hellebuyck so hard, though I think that ended up being good for him to get a heavy workload after 2 years of the light NCAA schedule. Even still, he said he hit a wall there after so many games.

Trotter's a former proven AHL scorer. Hopefully Blomqvist and Morrissey are upgrades. De Leo's definitely got talent. Lots of rookies so we'll hope for the best. And that being said, a lot of rookies from last year have a year of the pro game under their belt and we can hope they'll step it up...

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Last night DeLeo played With Trotter and Kosmachuk. Tonight he plays with Fraser and Fronk.

Tonight’s projected Moose lineup:

Forwards

Halischuk – Cormier – Armia

Fraser – De Leo – Fronk

Blomqvist – Olsen – Brassard

Kramer – O’Donnell – Lodge

Defence

Melchiori – Kostalek

Morrissey – Harstad

Stoykewych – Serville

Brodeur

Goaltenders

Hellebuyck

Comrie

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Melchiori got 5 and a game for cross check from behind. He was battling with the wild player in front of the net and cross checked him from behind after the whistle into the post. Armia took an ozone tripping penalty 30 seconds later. Surprisingly Moose killed off all penalties. Helle standing on his head. Very very physical game.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Pretty tough game. With a powerplay late in the period Moose defenseman (sorry - name.slips) broke his stick on a shot leading to a break for Dalpe, and he sniped it top corner on Helle. The 5 min (2 of it 5 on 3) penalty kill really did them in. Little to no ozone time after that happened. Helle kept them in the game, He was amazing.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Pretty tough game. With a powerplay late in the period Moose defenseman (sorry - name.slips) broke his stick on a shot leading to a break for Dalpe, and he sniped it top corner on Helle. The 5 min (2 of it 5 on 3) penalty kill really did them in. Little to no ozone time after that happened. Helle kept them in the game, He was amazing.

Looking at that roster, it feels like it's the same problem that we had in Penticton. Apart from Morrissey and Kostalek, there is no one to start the play.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
If you are keeping track, with Gagnon gone, the Moose only have one pugilistic type still in camp (Kramer). #PelusoWatch

Was hopeful for Harris, since he was an okay scorer in ECHL and NCAA.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If you are keeping track, with Gagnon gone, the Moose only have one pugilistic type still in camp (Kramer). #PelusoWatch

Was hopeful for Harris, since he was an okay scorer in ECHL and NCAA.

Just based on what I saw at one practice one scrimmage and one game day skate. I'd bet on Trotter and Fronk being on the team. I'm not sure how many they plan on keeping.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Just based on what I saw at one practice one scrimmage and one game day skate. I'd bet on Trotter and Fronk being on the team. I'm not sure how many they plan on keeping.

Thought Trotter was a guarantee IMO if he was back to health.

I remember in 2011 when we all discussed whether or not he deserved an ELC haha.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
No surprise but Lipon raised his profile quite a bit. We probably see him with the Jets this year.

Agreed, he was a nice surprise this year, although the advanced stats don't rule in his favor. I think he has potential to be an NHL player.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agreed, he was a nice surprise this year, although the advanced stats don't rule in his favor. I think he has potential to be an NHL player.

I think that is a case where the eye-test trumps the small sample size.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
According to the Moose website broadcast schedule, it looks like 42 games
will be on TSN radio and the rest on the website subject to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad