Manitoba Moose: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Discuss the upcoming Manitoba Moose season!

Seating chart/pricing: http://moosehockey.com/price.html

A presale will occur for Winnipeg Jets P1 Seat Holders on Monday, May 4th @ 12:00 pm (noon) through to Tuesday, May 5th at 10:00 pm. For this presale, P1 Seat Holders will have the opportunity to purchase their own seat location and will be contacted directly via email with instructions on how to purchase their seats.

A second presale will occur for all other Winnipeg Jets Season Seat Holders (P2 – P7), Share Partners, Wait List Members and P1 Seat Holders who wish to purchase seats in other areas. This opportunity will commence on Wednesday, May 6th at 10:00 am and end on Thursday, May 7th at 10:00 pm. All transactions for the second presale must be completed online, and originate from this page (no phone orders will be accepted).

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
De Leo, Petan, Morrissey, Copp, Kosmachuk, Comrie, Hellebuyck, Kostalek, Kichton, Lipon, Lodge, Blomqvist, Armia.

We could potentially have all of those players playing for the Moose next season. That should be fun.

Last edited:

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
X - Petan - X/Armia?
X - X/Copp? - Kosmachuk
X/De Leo? - X - Lipon
Blomqvist - Lodge - X
X - Olsen - Brassard

Morrissey - X
X - Kichton
X - Kostalek
X - X

Hellebuyck
X/Comrie

X=good players please!

UFAs
Eric O'Dell
Patrice Cormier
Julien Brouillette
John Albert
Will O'Neill

RFAs
Keaton Ellerby
Jussi Olkinuora
Patrick Holland
Ivan Telegin
Julian Melchiori

Last edited:

NBjet

May 24, 2014
It will be interesting to see who they add for some additional veteran presence. Hopefully a few big boys with speed.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I find it amusing how much Kostalek is under rated even in our own fanbase.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
It will be interesting to see who they add for some additional veteran presence. Hopefully a few big boys with speed.

I think they will add at least 2 or 3 of the "Samson", "Gordon", or "Mouillierat" types to fill out the roster. Truthfully I'm not sure why they didn't have a little more of these types of vets this past season.

IMO there's a delicate balance to how you want to structure your AHL roster. I don't think you want to add too many AHL vets to cost your top prospects time, but you also don't want to have a primary roster of prospects getting killed night after night because I don't think that's a great learning environment either. IMO I'd rather the prospects get a "little" less time per night, if that mean being on a winning team and going through those experiences.

That plus I would guess that TNSE would like to put their best foot forward with the 1st season of the Moose and try their best to create a winning product on the ice to build up some excitement.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
What AHL Vets make their home in Winnipeg? Got to be a few good ones out there that would love to play close to home

jetdiehard

Jun 14, 2014
Winnipeg
They listed in the Free Press an awful lot of rookies that could be with the Moose next year.
To me, that is too many rookies. You got to have a lot of wins to keep fan interest.

spades0faces

Jun 19, 2013
hey guys, 2 parter here.

can i buy the mini packs on friday, or do i wait until the schedule is released?

should i go 20 games or 29? (11 games is too short, and 39 is just too big commitment). i am opting for the 7 monthly payments, and if i get in the p2 section, thats $40-$60 per month. if i go 20 1/2 home games, i can just purchase gamedays on the games i dont have. 29 would be 3/4 homegames commitment, so its a nice amount for watching prospects.

note: i know nothing about the other ahl teams nor did i follow the ahl. i am becoming a fan because i want to watch our prospects develop.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
can i buy the mini packs on friday, or do i wait until the schedule is released?

You put a deposit down on Friday and seat selection/pack selection occurs when the schedule is released I believe.

Mini Pack Seat Selection will not occur until the schedule has been released and the four Mini Packs have been created (August). Mini Pack Holders will, however, receive seat selection priority based on when their deposit was placed, so ordering early in the process is highly recommended. Mini Pack Holders will need to make deposits during the initial seat campaign as below. This deposit will be applied to your balance owing.

11 Game Pack: $50 deposit per seat
20 Game Pack: $100 deposit per seat
29 Game Pack: $150 deposit per seat

http://moosehockey.com/paymentplans.html

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
They listed in the Free Press an awful lot of rookies that could be with the Moose next year.
To me, that is too many rookies. You got to have a lot of wins to keep fan interest.

In Winnipeg?

Also, frankly, I don't give a damn about the fan interest if it's for the best for our prospects. If we want a winning AHL team, I'm sure we can get the Chicago Wolves as our affiliate again.

What do you think we should do with our prospects, if not send them to the AHL?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I do like what Dubas is talking about here:
http://kylethereporter.com/2015/04/...roach-to-expanding-their-minor-league-system/

Basically
* Take more control over ECHL squad
* Make ECHL not place where prospects go to die but where non-top prospects go to get minutes
* Sign more ECHL/AHL contracts to graduating CHL/NCAA undrafted players

Jets have had players like Brassard, Olsen, and Chiarot pressboxed or playing minimal minutes due depth during their first season (Brassard had sophomore season too).

It also lets flexibility to signing more Friebergs and Balisys as trials.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
http://kylethereporter.com/2015/04/...roach-to-expanding-their-minor-league-system/

Basically
* Make ECHL not place where prospects go to die but where non-top prospects go to get minutes

Jets have had players like Brassard, Olsen, and Chiarot pressboxed or playing minimal minutes due depth during their first season (Brassard had sophomore season too).

It would not surprise me if TNSE owns an ECHL team in a year or two. It seems to be the way things are going.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
What AHL Vets make their home in Winnipeg? Got to be a few good ones out there that would love to play close to home

Being right under the nose of NHL teams should be a draw too.

The Moose didn't have the easiest time drawing vets last time around.

IceCapsFanNL

Nov 1, 2011
St. John's
I think they will add at least 2 or 3 of the "Samson", "Gordon", or "Mouillierat" types to fill out the roster. Truthfully I'm not sure why they didn't have a little more of these types of vets this past season.

Me Too!!

Seriously, going to be interesting following two AHL teams next season. I think Moose fans are going to love Lipon in particular. Aria made an impression late in the season. Kosmachuk will be good next season as well. I assume there will be IceCaps thread in the Habs board, drop by!!. When we get jerseys etc, I might post them here if there is no objection.

I haven't managed to ever get to an NHL game, and if I do, I can't imagine a better place than MTS. Maybe next season

Last edited:

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg

Basically

Moving to more of a MLB model makes sense. The rules in terms of how many guys teams control are a disincentive to true 'AA' and 'AAA' model.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg

Jonathan Toews... :sarcasm:

But in all seriousness I would think guys like Dustin Boyd, Travis Zajac and probably Mark Stuart. I can see Stuart living in Winnipeg once he retires, isn't too far away from home.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
X - Petan - X/Armia?
X - X/Copp? - Kosmachuk
X/De Leo? - X - Lipon
Blomqvist - Lodge - X
X - Olsen - Brassard

Morrissey - X
X - Kichton
X - Kostalek
X - X

Hellebuyck
X/Comrie

X=good players please!

UFAs
Eric O'Dell
Patrice Cormier
Julien Brouillette
John Albert
Will O'Neill

RFAs
Keaton Ellerby
Jussi Olkinuora
Patrick Holland
Ivan Telegin
Julian Melchiori

Depending on how many older/former prospects are kept around that is pretty much a full lineup.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Wonder if guys like Mark Flood, Alexandre Bolduc or even Tim Stapleton would come back to Winnipeg in a leadership role with the Moose.

I'm sure they'll add veteran players, not just to help the team do better in the standings, but help the young players learn what it is to be a pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad