MANCHESTER, NH THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
I’m basically only active on the CIS forum, but this is my favourite random thread to follow. Dude I’d love if the AHL came back to Fredericton, it’s not happening either .

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
S/T to @dm8895 for making this thread a "Hot 100" post holder! Who'da thunk a mere 5 months ago that this barely tangential & purely fantastical topic would've left the equally intriguing ECHL to Richmond thread in a shower of ice shavings?

ETA: I forgot the ECHL to Albuquerque? thread. Another one that needs to brush off the snow & get back in the game. :cheer:

Last edited:

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
I don’t know how far they are but there trying to bring hockey back to Manchester I won’t be surprised if hockey returns in 5 years

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
I’m basically only active on the CIS forum, but this is my favourite random thread to follow. Dude I’d love if the AHL came back to Fredericton, it’s not happening either .
But why the city is trying to bring hockey back to Manchester is just going to take some time manchester will get hockey back

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
But why the city is trying to bring hockey back to Manchester is just going to take some time manchester will get hockey back
[MOD] I miss the AHL too, we also had numerous groups trying to bring a Q team here after the AHL left. It’s been 24 years and no AHL or Q team has stepped foot in the city, it’s easy to sit online and try and will other people to spend money . Something fell through every time , I remember when the Montreal Rocket were 99% coming to Fredericton according to the papers, I remember the summer everyone thought the Lewiston Maineiacs were moving here, didn’t happen and those were things that were real and not some guy online saying “a group is working on it “
Anyways I’m out of this discussion

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Yet they do own an NHL franchise. Why not just move that to Manchester???
Hell of a point! Why not? What could possibly go wrong?

Oh wait, the Manchester fans who thought they were too good for the ECHL will probably start to think they're inadequate for the NHL. Can't have that!

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
Hell of a point! Why not? What could possibly go wrong?

Oh wait, the Manchester fans who thought they were too good for the ECHL will probably start to think they're inadequate for the NHL. Can't have that!
They AHL was supported the echl might work if you could convince them that the echl was not bad

Yet they do own an NHL franchise. Why not just move that to Manchester???
They would support the AHL

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Me when this thread gets updated.

imqINWvg9DJ8f6wzfwWPKiBocEg=.gif

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
They AHL was supported the echl might work if you could convince them that the echl was not bad
Yeah, but guys like you were all "the ECHL is bad, we want AHL!" and do you think any sane hockey league is going back to a market that scorned them?
They would support the AHL
Kid...

The AHL in the northeast is on borrowed time. As soon as teams find ways to put them closer to them and can shoulder awful attendance figures, they'll build a Sun Belt division or add more teams to the heartland. It's just that travel is just so easy to fly in and out of that region for players and busing is cheap for scheduling.

We are never turning back the clock to them putting teams in the Maritimes or New England.

Reactions: Roadhog

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
Yeah, but guys like you were all "the ECHL is bad, we want AHL!" and do you think any sane hockey league is going back to a market that scorned them?

Kid...

The AHL in the northeast is on borrowed time. As soon as teams find ways to put them closer to them and can shoulder awful attendance figures, they'll build a Sun Belt division or add more teams to the heartland. It's just that travel is just so easy to fly in and out of that region for players and busing is cheap for scheduling.

We are never turning back the clock to them putting teams in the Maritimes or New England.
Place like Springfield and providence will stay

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
True that, I ain’t bitching about Richmond not having a team. They screwed up with the arena and it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad