MANCHESTER, NH THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabberoski

Aug 1, 2011
Albany keeps getting hockey teams even though it’s does not work there Manchester lost the AHL because of the western move three ECHL team left because the 2nd owners suck at marketing the team the AHL could work in Manchester
Albany hasn't had a team since 2016-17, but whatever argument makes you feel good, go ahead with it.

Reactions: Tater Tot and JMCx4

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I just want hockey back in Manchester,nh that’s it
OK, now THAT we can work with. Try this ...

1680900760757.png

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Look, I'm not trying to be obnoxious. The problem with a place like Manchester is that when they were given an alternative, they rejected it and now they have nothing. For decades, the whole Northeast was spoiled with AHL hockey that when the NHL decided "nah, we outta here" many markets decided that no hockey was better in the hopes they'd be that Utica or Belleville who randomly gets a team by happenstance.

I'm not above this; I want hockey in Houston in the worst way. But no angel donor or good natured businessman is going to just magically plunk down a sports team for civic pride. If the money isn't there, they won't do it. And worse, you can leave yourself vulnerable to unscrupulous types who will take advantage of your desperation and poison the well for short term gains.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
I just want hockey back in Manchester,nh that’s it

Two things:

1. I appreciate that sentiment and I also appreciate you expressing your beliefs within the confines of the relevant thread.
2. Look up the ninth track of the Rolling Stones album "Let It Bleed." As of right now, there is no potential ownership group, no lease opportunities, no potential affiliates. Until that changes, there won't be any hockey there.

Reactions: Roadhog

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
Look, I'm not trying to be obnoxious. The problem with a place like Manchester is that when they were given an alternative, they rejected it and now they have nothing. For decades, the whole Northeast was spoiled with AHL hockey that when the NHL decided "nah, we outta here" many markets decided that no hockey was better in the hopes they'd be that Utica or Belleville who randomly gets a team by happenstance.

I'm not above this; I want hockey in Houston in the worst way. But no angel donor or good natured businessman is going to just magically plunk down a sports team for civic pride. If the money isn't there, they won't do it. And worse, you can leave yourself vulnerable to unscrupulous types who will take advantage of your desperation and poison the well for short term gains.
That’s why I’m saying the AHL should go back there

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
The Islanders own Bridgeport, and I believe manage the arena there, so why would they move the team farther from Long Island?

And, there won't be an expansion team unless and until the NHL expands.
You could get a direct flight to Manchester to nyc also there are worse nhl to AHL clubs

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Bridgeport or a expansion team

For these reasons which were already explained to you just one page ago...
AHL isn't about attendance anymore. It hasn't been since 2015 and the great western migration. That is why we have been saying you are an absolute nutcase. It is about having a NHL team that wants their prospects in that market and having those prospects develop there. Nothing else. NHL teams don't care what their AHL team is drawing. That isn't the raison d'être for the league anymore. You not understanding this wholly accepted fact means you can't evolve past your humorously naive postings.

The AHL could work anywhere. They play out of a 4000 seat rec rink complex in San José. You saying "they got good attendance back in 2005" one more time actually means HFB is required to put in a report about you to the mental illness hotline in your area.

No NHL team wants their AHL team in Manchester. They haven't in 10 years. Judging by the current situation, they won't for a long time in to the future. That is the long and short of it. That's reality and the world we inhabit. I hope you find a way to cope with it, since you clearly having been living in it.

The AHL is now a mostly pwned subsidiary of the NHL.

What a lot of people really need to ask for is a league that’s one of those “partner independent” leagues that MLB redesignated. Or…

…eh…

…dammit Jim, I’m a budget analyst, not a psychiatrist.

It's why there's a team in Cedar Park, Texas despite there being no team for hundreds of miles for them to play against. Same with Charlotte.

The idea is now to have a team close to you instead of having a team in a market that will want them because the AHL exists to develop these prospects. Fans want more Chicago Wolves but that ain't happening anymore. If the fans want that traditional minor league hockey, they'll have to settle for the ECHL.

As someone else said, Bridgeport Islanders are owned by the Islanders and the arena is managed by OVG who have a close partnership with Islanders ownership and were the main force behind the UBS Arena build. So it won't be Bridgeport.

the AHL also isn't expanding because the for the hundredth time the NHL and AHL have a 1-1 partnership. 32 AHL teams and there won't be more until there are more NHL teams, of which there won't be for the foreseeable future.

As we've said before, think within this realm of existence. Stay in reality, please. Don't go jumping off into some parallel universe...

Reactions: Roadhog

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
You ALMOST had it with the "NHL moved teams to the West" thing. Think a bit harder and understand why its probably never going to happen with the AHL coming back to Manchester.
I mean if the nhl grows beyond 32 yes I know it could be a little bit Manchester could be looked at who knows how big the nhl could get there always relocating

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
I mean if the nhl grows beyond 32 yes I know it could be a little bit Manchester could be looked at who knows how big the nhl could get there always relocating

Yeah, it could. It could also go to Flin Flon, MB. Same amount of evidence for both. How is the fan group going that looks to bring hockey back to the city?

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
Albany hasn't had a team since 2016-17, but whatever argument makes you feel good, go ahead with it.
My argument is Albany has lost more than 2 teams due to bad attendance so why should Manchester get no teams losing 2 teams kinda just the ECHL I don’t count AHL leaving due a western move not lack of fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad