Make Whole, Not War (CBA & Lockout Discussion) XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopTittie

Jul 26, 2006
Well, they were ready to do 82 games had the season started on Nov 1st, so technically 70 games is doable.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
We're all jumping to conclusions anyway, for all we know the PA could come out later today and say that there is still alot of progress needed to be made.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
We're all jumping to conclusions anyway, for all we know the PA could come out later today and say that there is still alot of progress needed to be made.

oh i fully expect fehr to come out and say we are still miles apart speaking a different language, and that we just can't agree to anything that is apart of the leagues offer.

Hanklite*

Here's what we can say. The NHL has officially canceled games through the end of November. It is extremely unlikely that the NHL will "un-cancel" these games.

Just like the 82 game season was cancelled and then reestablished, so could games in November. The current November scheduled was cancelled but a new one could take its place.

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
oh i fully expect fehr to come out and say we are still miles apart speaking a different language, and that we just can't agree to anything that is apart of the leagues offer.

I don't expect him to come out and say anything. Don't think either side will say much

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008

That's what will happen

It really depends on whether the mid November start is possible going by the arenas scheduling. I kind of doubt many arenas re-booked shows, or enough that fitting in NHL games wasn't possible. If there's like 1 or 2 teams that did it that's easily fixable by sending them on the road early.

With that said, if it is indeed impossible to start the season by Dec. 1st, then no deal will be struck for weeks or until whenever the deadline is for December games to be cancelled. If they're not giving up anything by negotiating for 2 weeks, they're going to do it.

Alesle

Jan 5, 2008
Oslo, Norway
Here's what we can say. The NHL has officially canceled games through the end of November. It is extremely unlikely that the NHL will "un-cancel" these games.
The cancelled games just mean that the arenas are free to book new events for those cancelled games. A lot of the dates will still be free though, due to the difficulty in booking an event on such a short notice. Thus there's nothing preventing them from scheduling new games in November on those free dates.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I don't expect him to come out and say anything. Don't think either side will say much

i don't have as much faith in fehr as you seem to have. i know someone will say the same for bettman, but if daly is saying something, then bettman is thinking the same thing, those 2 are like clones of each other when they speak to the media.

DPyro

Jun 28, 2010
Just like the 82 game season was cancelled and then reestablished, so could games in November. The current November scheduled was cancelled but a new one could take its place.

The difference is the 82 game schedule was proposed to start after the games that were cancelled. They never proposed to uncancel games.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
The cancelled games just mean that the arenas are free to book new events for those cancelled games. A lot of the dates will still be free though, due to the difficulty in booking an event on such a short notice. Thus there's nothing preventing them from scheduling new games in November on those free dates.

I disagree. Presumably some teams have refunded tickets for these games. I'm not saying it is impossible, but it is extremely uncommon for canceled arena events to be "put back on" once they are canceled. It is not worth fighting over this. Hopefully we'll find out soon enough :)

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
why is that so out of reach? 5 day camp, 2 game preseason and poof we are at 9 days.

any one that thinks it can't be up and running fast thinks the nhl is going to run a full rookie camp, preseason.

More like 3 days to get everybody there and two days for medicals, that's just for starters.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
More like 3 days to get everybody there and two days for medicals, that's just for starters.

ummm you do realize that non of that stuff would be happening in the 9 days to get ready?

we are more then 2 weeks away from the start of the season if something were to be finalized today. it would take atleast a week to formalize the deal on the new cba (player votes, bog votes).

hence why it would be the 24th if a deal was to be reached today.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
ummm you do realize that non of that stuff would be happening in the 9 days to get ready?

we are more then 2 weeks away from the start of the season if something were to be finalized today. it would take atleast a week to formalize the deal on the new cba (player votes, bog votes).

hence why it would be the 24th if a deal was to be reached today.

Yeah but those votes are pretty much rubber stamps... you can put things in motion before that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad