GDT: Make shift GDT for a make shift win? Capitals vs Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
beautiful sauce by hubs and beautiful finish by ek. huberdeau's definitely been playing better, still would like to see him pot some more himself but at least he's staying involved. his first 11 games he had 0 goals and only 4pts, now in his last 18 games he has 3g and a total of 13pts, so hopefully he can keep it up, no one doubts his playmaking skills so he's coming through there, just finish with at least 15 goals for the season. if he starts scoring some goals too it'll help the team a real lot.
and pirri with the 1-timer on the pp, only seen that once this season before tonight, nice to see him rip a perfect one right in the corner. would be huge to get him going more regularly.
and smith apparently played d for a little stint? i didnt even notice :laugh: thats funny though

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
frnXxyM.gif

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Sasha is a strong kid. Loved watching him out-muscle guys for the puck. Think how it's going to be when he's in his mid twenties and on.

I will say I'm glad he was able to dodge that incoming missile that was Ovi. He would have gotten crushed if he hadn't.

-ghoste
I still laugh when I think about his first year here when he met Kreider in the neutral zone. Welcome to the NHL Sasha. I would hope one of these days he will return the favor, but that just doesn't seem to be his nature.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Hi guys,
was there ever any replays/talk about what happened to Barkov? Looked to me Backstrom deliberately elbowed him in the back of the head 100 feet away from the play. Barkov with his back turned. Looked pretty dirty. Might be I'm wrong though.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Hi guys,
was there ever any replays/talk about what happened to Barkov? Looked to me Backstrom deliberately elbowed him in the back of the head 100 feet away from the play. Barkov with his back turned. Looked pretty dirty. Might be I'm wrong though.
3 pretty cheap hits on Barkov, Guds, and Soup. I hope we are taking notes as Petro, Guds, or even Brick need to return the favor next game as the refs seem to base their penalty on the damage rather than intent to injure. One time it's an accident, but 3 times is about Trotz telling them to do it. They seemed to be particularly focusing on dmen after Kampfer went down. If the league is really serious about the head injury thing, they need to send a message to the Caps as more and more law suits are just going to get the green light on damages if they don't show they are serious in eliminating the problem. Wilson should get at least 3 games, but don't be surprised if the league just ignores it.

Mark your calendar for 2/2/16 as the Cats will be the visitors.

Last edited:

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Great overall effort, especially defensively. And congrats to Jags.

Monty was fantastic when he had to be in the rare occasions the D let something through. IMO he can be the real difference maker for making the playoffs. Last year he had a bad record. If he turns his record around and Lou can repeat last year, we can be in

Pirri was given way too much and space to rip it. Very surprising that the WSH penalty kill (6th best in the league) did not realize that. I don't count on it to happen a lot more often for Pirri since the PK units of other teams do not forget that (and he ususally just drills it right into the shot blocker in front of him)

Kuli had one of his worse games, 3 penalties are too much (whether they are good or bad). But he is still the most complete Dman behind Ek and he is rusty due to his injury. He will be ok

Huby was great, he is so slick keeping the puck and getting out of pressure situation and keeping posession.

Even Bolland was good, huge shot blocks, no bonehead plays. He is very useful this way (not talking about the contract)

I will never be a fan of Campbell but last night showed that he can still contribute and be a factor. I think I like him better than Mitchell, but I hope that Matheson/Kampfer/Petrovic/MacCoshen/Weegar can replace them soon

Good execution like this will result in more wins. I'll remain optimistic, let's keep it going against BOS

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Nice win! :handclap: And it seems that 1st line from last season is back to life, very good to see. That Ekblad goal was a beauty! Some all around good play and imo a well deserved win. The team has been sooo much better defensivly lately. I hope those 40-45 shots against games are gone for the most part moving forward.

Just like against Senators, Capitals had very little offense 5 on 5. And what little they did get through, Montoya was steady...very nice to see! I too was a bit sceptical as I thought he was shaky last season. Kind of hope he will be played alittle bit more often, keeping Lou fresh and having Montoya rust free. :D Too many penalties again, just like against Senators. Otherwise I thought they were very dicipined in defense all over the ice with plenty of good chances.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
If we lose kampfer and campbell for any period our defense is done.

What about Petrovic? When is he due to being back?

Of course, Kampfer and Campbell would be huge losses right now. But with 5 proven Dmen in Ek, Mitchell, Guds, Kuli and Petro, I'd be ok to give some time to one of the rookies (Weegar or Matheson).

First choice though would be to get Olsen back with Guds, no risk there

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I want to see those other cheap shots. anyone have a gif? My buddy is a bug Washington/Wilson fan so I was letting him have it. (I call Wilson a bigger meaner Throton on a daily basis)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Apparently, its Campbell's fault he got murdered by Wilson. Shouldn't have turned Soup.
Except Wilson sees Campbell's numbers pretty much the whole way and even if Campbell had more of his side towards Wilson, he was that dangerous distance away from the board and the hit would have still propelled him there. Clear-cut boarding any way you look at it.

A boarding penalty shall be imposed on any player who checks or pushes a defenseless opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to hit or impact the boards violently or dangerously. The severity of the penalty, based upon the impact with the boards, shall be at the discretion of the Referee.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Except Wilson sees Campbell's numbers pretty much the whole way and even if Campbell had more of his side towards Wilson, he was that dangerous distance away from the board and the hit would have still propelled him there. Clear-cut boarding any way you look at it.

Absolutely agree. A guy with Wilson's speed, height and weight has to know that he can't do that and be more careful.

Soupy should be able to make this backhand play without having to worry to be completely annihilated. Wilson could have still taken him out of the play with a lot less force.

Guds was a guy who would often do the same thing as Wilson before and learnt to adapt this game to this rule (with rare exceptions). For Wilson's sake, hopefully he won't pull a Torres.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Billy is awesome.

I miss Billy doing the color commentary with Goldie. I don't know why a lot of people disliked him, I thought he was pretty funny. Especially when a nice play or big hit would happen, he would kind of just yell out "Haaaah!". Lol it would kill me every time.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I miss Billy doing the color commentary with Goldie. I don't know why a lot of people disliked him, I thought he was pretty funny. Especially when a nice play or big hit would happen, he would kind of just yell out "Haaaah!". Lol it would kill me every time.

I really enjoy listening to a game every now and then on radio.

Billy's been there, done that. I wish every Panther could play with the same heart, soul, & energy he brought night in and out.

He showed the true Panther spirit that was displayed the whole '96 season by everyone on our best team ever.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL

I regret being glad that we were bringing back Potvin now... I'm really getting tired of listening to him.

I wish we could bring Billy back and drop Potvin.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
3 pretty cheap hits on Barkov, Guds, and Soup. I hope we are taking notes as Petro, Guds, or even Brick need to return the favor next game as the refs seem to base their penalty on the damage rather than intent to injure. One time it's an accident, but 3 times is about Trotz telling them to do it. They seemed to be particularly focusing on dmen after Kampfer went down. If the league is really serious about the head injury thing, they need to send a message to the Caps as more and more law suits are just going to get the green light on damages if they don't show they are serious in eliminating the problem. Wilson should get at least 3 games, but don't be surprised if the league just ignores it.

Mark your calendar for 2/2/16 as the Cats will be the visitors.

...and on national TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad