Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Huberdoh - Hatter Lord - Jags
Goal Scorer formerly known as Pirri - Tro - Agent Smith
Jokinen - Dmac - Howdy
Bricks - Bolls - Shaw/Thornton (Let's dress both...maybe they wont notice?)

Kampfer - Eks
Kuli - Guds
Mitch - Soups

Big Cubano

Capitals

skilled Left Wing - Skilled Center - Hall of Fame RW X4

Skilled LD - Skilled RD X 3

Brickwall Back-up

I dont see a GDT yet.

But need to go back to easy winning ways here tonight.

Last edited:

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Touch and go. We will be in that 7-10 range. Unfortunately, I think we will just miss out. That was my thought before the season started.

As much as it pains me to say it I think the team could really benefit more from another top 10 (5) draft pick this year.

The idea is we want to be a stanley cup contender not just a playoff bubble team.

With this team we are nowhere near championship caliber.

Also Jagr is not part of the future. We need to find a winger for barky who is.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
As much as it pains me to say it I think the team could really benefit more from another top 10 (5) draft pick this year.

The idea is we want to be a stanley cup contender not just a playoff bubble team.

With this team we are nowhere near championship caliber.

Also Jagr is not part of the future. We need to find a winger for barky who is.

Id rather trade that first rounder for an established winger please.

relying on yet ANOTHER draft pick will just prolong this process and we still wouldnt know if that pick pans out. Its been year 5 or 6 with DT now, 2 going on 3 with new ownership.

Yea the BC agreement helped keep the team in Florida, it doesnt mean the rebuild should be extended either.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Id rather trade that first rounder for an established winger please.

relying on yet ANOTHER draft pick will just prolong this process and we still wouldnt know if that pick pans out. Its been year 5 or 6 with DT now, 2 going on 3 with new ownership.

Yea the BC agreement helped keep the team in Florida, it doesnt mean the rebuild should be extended either.

Agree. Less potential, more proven talent please.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
we don't need another top-10 pick, we've had 4 top-3 picks and its not doing much. now id be all over this years top-4, but anything other than that isnt necessary. we can't be stuck in tallon limbo of just drafting and waiting for them to take over. yes u build through the draft, but we've had 4 top-3 picks, plus guys like bjugstad, matheson, and crouse. we're fine with prospects. we need to start trading these picks for immediate help. someone like a jvr, or an eberle, or whoever's available. not an 18 year old that won't make the lineup for another 1-3yrs and then a couple years of learning the nhl before he actually starts making a strong contribution. we have our core, time make some trades and/or signings.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
we don't need another top-10 pick, we've had 4 top-3 picks and its not doing much. now id be all over this years top-4, but anything other than that isnt necessary. we can't be stuck in tallon limbo of just drafting and waiting for them to take over. yes u build through the draft, but we've had 4 top-3 picks, plus guys like bjugstad, matheson, and crouse. we're fine with prospects. we need to start trading these picks for immediate help. someone like a jvr, or an eberle, or whoever's available. not an 18 year old that won't make the lineup for another 1-3yrs and then a couple years of learning the nhl before he actually starts making a strong contribution. we have our core, time make some trades and/or signings.
Well all is well in dreamland, but just who do you think we could trade to get jvr or eberle? Do you really believe that Toronto or Edmonton would do a deal for either one of those guys for our #1 next year and any one of our Dmen (other than Ekblad)? In lieu of a #1, how about Smith and one of our Dmen plus some 2nd's or 3rd's. May work, but even that might not be enough. All of our Dmen have little in the way of offensive upside. I think that's what you are looking at. We aren't the only team interested in those guys and it would be a bidding war just like it was with Bolland. I think we end up hurting our depth and future big time with a trade like that. I'll take my chances with the draft.

Last edited:

EstConf96*

We will most likely miss it and it will be lead up to house cleaning with Tallon and Gallant getting the army boot up there *****. Then we can look forward to our new identity and a new start.

However until we are out in math i guess we can keep the spirit up for atleast another month.

EstConf96*

Get Bjugstad back make and make a couple deadline deals and I would not be surprised to see the cats make the playoffs and maybe win a series.

Thing is we never trade for anything good (except R.Smith) we will most likely sign/trade a has been or some plug and call it the day. This team have had 1 star trade in 22 years.. Bure so do not take that bet to the bank.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Any chance we've learned from the last two losses and come out with a win against a team we usually struggle with?

-ghoste

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If you play the Gallant drinking game....consider yourself lucky you didnt hear his radio interview just now.

You would be swimming in liquor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad