GDT: Make shift GDT for a make shift win? Capitals vs Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Nice game! I wouldn't mind seeing Monty play a tick more, he's been pretty solid so far.

-ghoste

Good point, we need a rested Lu for later in the season and possible....play-offfffsss?!?!?

Somebody has to do it . . .

frnXxyM.gif

gifstache_3244_1356310800.gif

I see what you did there and I like it, I like it alot!!

EstConf96*

Great birthday win.

Fiance' baked a Panther cake. Now she has to do one for every game ?

You know it. This board is very religious when it comes to anything that can turn around the jinx and the superstitious.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Best game of the season. Full 60 minutes, controlled the play and didn't let the caps get too close. Was a complete team effort, this team I believe has turned a corner.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Good, proved me wrong. I'm glad we won, but man is that game on Saturday huge.

I hate it when they play in Boston. Marchand, etc. The fans. That annoying announcer Jack whatever his name is. Buncha goofs.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Nice effort all night long. Everyone contributed to this win. I would guess Olsen back up for a game or two so they don't rush Petro. Team knows they have to continue to push to maintain pace with other teams.:)

Kuli with an up and down game. He got more shots on net but still missed a few. If he could grab 7 or 8 goals by the end of the season it would really help. Shaw looking more comfortable every day playing a solid two way game. Gallant showed confidence by putting him on the ice at the end. Need to see more of that with Brick and Howden.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

I hate it when they play in Boston. Marchand, etc. The fans. That annoying announcer Jack whatever his name is. Buncha goofs.

Their D is total crap this year. Super slow.
With our great team speed, especially up front on the forecheck, I think this is a good match for us.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

Last time Florida dominated them without Jagr and Barkov, they lost because Rask was amazing and Lu had a bad game. A similar effort with the team healthy should be a W.

God I hope Hayes doesn't play, he's been scratched for like 4 straight so he'll get a hatty next game he plays.

Muikkunen

Mar 19, 2014
Great 60minutes of hockey, just a solid overall win. Looked good from the get go, and never slowed down. The line changes were flawless and that surely was a big factor in such a dynamic play.

I really want to point out Barkov's defensive play yet again. Another typical game from him. One where we as the fans see how much of an impact he had but can easily go unseen without points. Bäckström had a game that he will probably have only a few times in the whole season much because of Barkov.

Huberdeau continued to look sharper and he is moving his feet like we all want him to and it is a joy to watch. The PK unit was outstanding today and got us a lot of momentum at critical times. Also, nice to see Pirri getting the goal that he loves, and let's hope that leads to more confidence and shots on net.

The final shout goes to our defensemen. Even though I was hurting a lot a few times watching Kulikov, in overall they were terrific. With some quickly happening setbacks they were able to react and adapt, and a lot of it goes to the well-executed line changes mentioned before. And what a goal by Ekblad. Just happy to see Panthers killing the type of game where we dominate and play well, as too often we've had the habit to let those slip away.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Sasha is a strong kid. Loved watching him out-muscle guys for the puck. Think how it's going to be when he's in his mid twenties and on.

I will say I'm glad he was able to dodge that incoming missile that was Ovi. He would have gotten crushed if he hadn't.

-ghoste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad