Post-Game Talk: Make it 13!!

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Vincent Desharnais is playing very well right now.

By the way, the Oilers' RS record with Desharnais in the line-up is: 53 - 19 - 4.

I realize he doesn't get a whole lot of ES ice-time, but so far in his entire career, he has been -2 only twice in 76 career games.

In the Calgary game, ES shots with Desharnais on the ice were 16 to 4 for Edmonton.
And he should be cheap for quite sometime.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Vincent Desharnais is playing very well right now.

By the way, the Oilers' RS record with Desharnais in the line-up is: 53 - 19 - 4.

I realize he doesn't get a whole lot of ES ice-time, but so far in his entire career, he has been -2 only twice in 76 career games.

In the Calgary game, ES shots with Desharnais on the ice were 16 to 4 for Edmonton.
maxresdefault.jpg

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Gagner scores from anywhere while Brown can't buy a goal.
Bet someone can throw out some kind of stat for this explaining it with numbers.
Normal (natural) distribution curve.

"...standard deviation indicates data are clustered tightly around the mean,"

1705922860372.png

There will aways be deviants ( strong deviations) from the norm (the mean/middle). Also true for human behavior.

Thomas Tatar

So I listened to Friedman’s 32 thoughts this morning and the Oilers got about two minutes talking about Perry addition which was after like a half hour taking about Roy to NYI. There was a small mention they were on a heater.

Is the whole media world trying to ignore the fact they have won 13 in a row and how difficult that is?

They then spent a bunch of time on Reaves not getting into the Leafs lineup… I’m saddened by this.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
So I listened to Friedman’s 32 thoughts this morning and the Oilers got about two minutes talking about Perry addition which was after like a half hour taking about Roy to NYI. There was a small mention they were on a heater.

Is the whole media world trying to ignore the fact they have won 13 in a row and how difficult that is?

They then spent a bunch of time on Reaves not getting into the Leafs lineup… I’m saddened by this.
Saddened, but are you surprised?

A little digression here, but I remember the exact time when I realized the extent of how Leaf-centric the Canadian sports media landscape is was in the playoffs in 2006. So, right before game 5 of the western conference finals between Anaheim and Edmonton, and with a win the Oilers would advance to the Finals, I turned on That's Hockey on TSN to watch the pre-game show, and the first 15 minutes of a 22 minute show, was about Mats Sundin having his house for sale in Toronto, and what that means for the Leafs. A team that didn't even make the Playoffs that year. Absolutely no mention that there was even a game going on that night, let alone a Canadian team with a chance to advance to the Cup finals, until the 3rd segment of the show.

It always seems to be Edmonton, and to a lesser extent Ottawa and Winnipeg, that get the shaft with the media attention in this Country, no matter how good the team is.

Calgary for some weird reason always gets the Maple Leaf bump from the media, always overrated, and far more coverage than they deserve. They're basically Toronto West when it come to media attention and love.

I chalk it up to jealousy of the Oilers, as most of the personalities on Sportsnet and TSN grew up in the 80's watching the Oilers devastate the league for a decade and they've carried that jealousy and hatred into adulthood.

on the flip side, Calgary was always the "lovable loser" in comparison to Edmonton and those Leafs fans out East probably identified with the Flames futility, so they grew up with a soft spot for a fellow inept franchise, and that comes out in the media now.

That's my take anyway....I've probably spent way too much of my life thinking about this lol.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013

Friedman on HNIC Saturday with such a serious face saying the flames were going to be the Oilers biggest test of the streak. Wrong 😂

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023

I fall asleep listening to him and Marek lol. Today I turned it on since last year.

Reaves says he has been ready to play for weeks, yet the Leafs still have him on IR.

Thomas Tatar

Saddened, but are you surprised?

A little digression here, but I remember the exact time when I realized the extent of how Leaf-centric the Canadian sports media landscape is was in the playoffs in 2006. So, right before game 5 of the western conference finals between Anaheim and Edmonton, and with a win the Oilers would advance to the Finals, I turned on That's Hockey on TSN to watch the pre-game show, and the first 15 minutes of a 22 minute show, was about Mats Sundin having his house for sale in Toronto, and what that means for the Leafs. A team that didn't even make the Playoffs that year. Absolutely no mention that there was even a game going on that night, let alone a Canadian team with a chance to advance to the Cup finals, until the 3rd segment of the show.

It always seems to be Edmonton, and to a lesser extent Ottawa and Winnipeg, that get the shaft with the media attention in this Country, no matter how good the team is.

Calgary for some weird reason always gets the Maple Leaf bump from the media, always overrated, and far more coverage than they deserve. They're basically Toronto West when it come to media attention and love.

I chalk it up to jealousy of the Oilers, as most of the personalities on Sportsnet and TSN grew up in the 80's watching the Oilers devastate the league for a decade and they've carried that jealousy and hatred into adulthood.

on the flip side, Calgary was always the "lovable loser" in comparison to Edmonton and those Leafs fans out East probably identified with the Flames futility, so they grew up with a soft spot for a fellow inept franchise, and that comes out in the media now.

That's my take anyway....I've probably spent way too much of my life thinking about this lol.
I think that is a solid take. It makes complete sense. I get the insecurity vibe every time I listen to TSN.

Reactions: Juxta Position

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Friedman on HNIC Saturday with such a serious face saying the flames were going to be the Oilers biggest test of the streak. Wrong 😂
I caught that too.. they've got to sell their game! Thought the broadcast crew did the same thing. Louie said the 2nd period was Calgary's best of the year !!! :huh::huh::huh::huh:

Reactions: TB12

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Michaels is one of the worst due to his insane intensity and over the top homerisim. Oilers can be down 6-1 with 3 minutes left and if they score he's like here come the oilers😂 Singh is almost as bad and for some reason his gravely voice gives me serious creep vibes but Louie is awesome. He's not a homer, he's super genuine. I would love him with shorty another guy whos the goat.
The guy never calls an opposing goal any different than a nucks goal but man do I miss Garret. Sure he loved his nucks but like Louie he's such a nice dude who never takes himself seriously.
Garrett??? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA
GTFOH with that. He's f***ing terrible and the world's biggest homer.

• Haha
Reactions: frag2 and iCanada

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta

You can tell when you listen to these shows that these guys don't watch the Oilers, they don't have a full picture of it and thus don't talk much about it

Reactions: Thomas Tatar

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I caught that too.. they've got to sell their game! Thought the broadcast crew did the same thing. Louie said the 2nd period was Calgary's best of the year !!! :huh::huh::huh::huh:
I caught that, too! I actually thought I had misheard him, as it was such a strange comment.

Louie certainly seems obsessed with pumping the Oilers' opponents' tires these days.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

saving the narrative for the playoffs cause they will be talking oilers every day for 2 months

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00