Macklin Celebrini to Pittsburgh thread.

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
I have us at 4-5 more wins the rest of the season (guaranteed ones) which could easily be zero. Losing Jake will deflate this team.

My true purpose of creating this thread is if we did get Celebrini would the Pens brass finally say F off to Sullivan “we now have a chance” or will we continue as a fan base of confusion and hair loss products?

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
There’s no amount of tanking we can do to catch Chicago and SJ.

All it takes is one ball.

Gary-Bettman-smile.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If we can get a top 5 pick I’d keep it. Otherwise this draft is rather top heavy and I’d prefer to give up the pick to SJS.

I’d be targeting Cayden Lidstrom.
Keeping Sullivan until the end of the season would probably get us in the top 5 pick range, then fire his ass.

Btw, also a fan of Cayden, doing well for the Tigers right now and that size and combo of skills is very enticing.

Edit: With Cayden, I think when he returns from his injury while being rested, he could really boost his rank in the draft.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Pens are 9th last and currently have a 3% chance at the 1st overall and 3.2% at 2nd overall. A good losing streak and they can probably get to the 7th pick. The rest of the teams are godawful so the Pens wont be able to drop below them.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Can someone remind me what the draft lottery rules are again? Can’t you not jump up past a certain number of you don’t get number one and the worst team can’t get less than number 2 overall?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pens are 9th last and currently have a 3% chance at the 1st overall and 3.2% at 2nd overall. A good losing streak and they can probably get to the 7th pick. The rest of the teams are godawful so the Pens wont be able to drop below them.
Playing the right way, aka the Sullivan way, will get us there mate, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens have say the 9th pick abd then some lottery luck to say 5. They two players I really want are gone. The RD and center. But still like a couple RD as Pens need a good young RD really bad.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If we can get a top 5 pick I’d keep it. Otherwise this draft is rather top heavy and I’d prefer to give up the pick to SJS.

I’d be targeting Cayden Lidstrom.
If we finish 9th or 10th can we still give it to SJ? knowing next seaon we will finish worse keeping Sullivan. I know it's top 10 protected but it's a weak draft?

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If we finish 9th or 10th can we still give it to SJ? knowing next seaon we will finish worse keeping Sullivan. I know it's top 10 protected but it's a weak draft?
Depends on how many prospects Dubas thinks are special…if we pick lower than that number, then give the pick to SJ

Reactions: 66-30-33

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Can someone remind me what the draft lottery rules are again? Can’t you not jump up past a certain number of you don’t get number one and the worst team can’t get less than number 2 overall?
Here's a picture that explains it pretty well:

canadiens-tankathon-lottery-odds.jpg

That was of like 2 weeks ago. Now if we are out of the top 10, it goes to SJ. So we need to legit finish 10th or worse. Then it's 1, 2, 3, or 10 (see Calgary). Obviously if we finish as low as 9th, there's still a chance we get 11ov and it goes to SJ.

Realistically, we just need to get 1, 2, or 3 OV.

Celebrini
Demidov
Lindstrom

That's my 1, 2, 3. Zero discussion as of now unless one of them sustains a MAJOR injury. Then it's Cole Eisermann, but he's committed to Boston College next year, unfortunately. But that said, kid is 17 so he can marinate in the NCAA for awhile.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Here's a picture that explains it pretty well:

canadiens-tankathon-lottery-odds.jpg

That was of like 2 weeks ago. Now if we are out of the top 10, it goes to SJ. So we need to legit finish 10th or worse. Then it's 1, 2, 3, or 10 (see Calgary). Obviously if we finish as low as 9th, there's still a chance we get 11ov and it goes to SJ.

Realistically, we just need to get 1, 2, or 3 OV.

Celebrini
Demidov
Lindstrom

That's my 1, 2, 3. Zero discussion as of now unless one of them sustains a MAJOR injury. Then it's Cole Eisermann, but he's committed to Boston College next year, unfortunately. But that said, kid is 17 so he can marinate in the NCAA for awhile.

I don't think Lindstrom goes top 3.

Silayev is too much of a package to not be taken especially by the teams that are picking there in San Jose, Chicago, and Columbus.

Also you realize Lindstrom is currently dealing with major injury lol..

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Yes, that's the entire thing...

If we are top ten this year we can CHOOSE to keep it. If we decide to keep it, they get next year's first round pick UNPROTECTED.

If we are #11 or higher, it automatically goes to SJS this year. We have no say in keeping and giving them next years.

Basically, our first round pick is going to SJS this year, unless it's top ten and we want to keep it... But then they get just year's no matter what.

It's most likely better to hope we are #11+ this year and just let it go, because next year we're gonna be on top ten solidly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad