Line Combos: MacArthur Kadri Orr. - Your comments please.

ForSpareParts*

We pretty much agree that they looked pretty good last night. I know things will change when certain players return.

I just wanted to say that I'm really happy for Colton Orr in so many ways. Some thought he deserved to be sent down because they don't care for fighting in the game. I always thought he was a decent NHLer and never a liability to his team. True heart and soul IMHO.

What did you think of this line?

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Honestly I'm surprised that it's actually working. It seemed a complete nonsense line that would kill Kadri's production.

But they are getting the job done and you can see how hard Orr is working out there. Just think if he's going to be on that line he should drop the staged fights, hurts line chemistry. But otherwise he's brought good effort to the line.

Kind of funny to say though that I still don't see this line sticking in any form long term. Frattin will be back on the wing soon and considering Grabo's line is the shut down pair could see Lupul or JVR back on the other side. With how good JVR and Kessel have been I'm tempted to say Lupul takes MacArthur's spot.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
I am looking forward to Lupul and Frattin coming back. Having Jmac on that 4th line makes them a line other teams will never be happy to play against. In the mean time RC is doing a great job of having the right guys out there when necessary.

TML g u n n e R s*

ORR should not be on that line what so ever, but it is what we got so we have to deal with it,

also kadri can produce his own offense as the kid is a ****** G

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I will give Orr full props for his play this year. But he's still a border line NHL'r who has played his heart out. But you simply can't put a play maker like Kadri and Orr on the same line for more then a couple of games. Kadri needs to play with guys that have the ability to convert his on ice vision. The quicker Frattin gets back the better. Just makes zero sense to me.

Orr is great...but 5 minues a game great.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
It's working great but I don't think it should be a long term thing. Good for Orr though, I had written him off last year but its nice to see him bounce back.

MoeMoney

Mar 11, 2012
That just shows how important Kadri is, and how he can adapt to playing with anyone and still produce. That's impressive, no look passes to MacArthur, setting up scoring playing for Colton Orr, and still managing to be in the right place at the right time to score one himself.

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
I think its hilarious and unfathomable. However, we've won two in a row?

20 games from now we'll all laugh at how Colton Orr was once played on the third line for a handful of games, because it's completely ridiculous to think a line can sustain success when half the ice is gobbled up by a goon that can't handle the puck for 4 feet.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
We pretty much agree that they looked pretty good last night. I know things will change when certain players return.

I just wanted to say that I'm really happy for Colton Orr in so many ways. Some thought he deserved to be sent down because they don't care for fighting in the game. I always thought he was a decent NHLer and never a liability to his team. True heart and soul IMHO.

What did you think of this line?

I'm in agreement with this line for the time being. Orr is not spare parts but he'll be back on the 4th where he should be in a couple weeks when Frattin returns. For the time being let him have his reward. He deserves it and I'm sure it's a huge boost to his confidence. Might even pot a couple more playing with Kadri.

MoeMoney

Mar 11, 2012
And when you win as many fights as Colton Orr does, and stick up for your teammates as much as he does you should be rewarded with some quality playing time IMO. No one deserves it more.

MoeMoney

Mar 11, 2012

20 games from now we'll all laugh at how Colton Orr was once played on the third line for a handful of games, because it's completely ridiculous to think a line can sustain success when half the ice is gobbled up by a goon that can't handle the puck for 4 feet.

He's more than just a goon, show the man some respect. The next Tie Domi.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
He was garbage when he played the last couple seasons. I think that is partly to do with his skillset, and partly to do with Wilson. You can tell he's worked hard in the off season, and Carlyle is rewarding him for this with increased ice time.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On

Seems unlikely we will all laugh that a guy moved up due to injuries, you might but I won't.:shakehead

I'm loving the rise of Kadri so I hope he gets Frattin back soon.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

With all due respect, I doubt he will ever score 15 goals in a season. He will be back to 4th line duties once Frattin returns, I hope. I don't like him as a player on any line other than the 4th. I get that he has earned the chance to play a few more minutes, and I think that's great. It's great when players work hard and play with heart, they do deserve more ice time. I just hope it's not a permanent thing.

Hounsy

Dec 28, 2003
A wonderful location
Visit site
Orr is a guy by all reports I've seen put some serious work into being what Carlyle asked him to be, so like seeing him rewarded with ice time that came up with the injuries. Not just for Orr's benefit but as well for the example it shows others on the team and in the system.

Anth93

Jul 2, 2012
The next Tie Domi...... Right..

I'll show him respect as a fighter and fourth liner, but the minute he's playing more than 5 minutes a game.. I have an issue.
Seems unlikely we will all laugh that a guy moved up due to injuries, you might but I won't.:shakehead

I'm loving the rise of Kadri so I hope he gets Frattin back soon.
Why not bring up Mike Brown who can actually handle a puck? Like I said we're winning so it doesn't matter, but the second we get blown out and Colton Orr's on the ice for 2 minutes because they can't clear the puck.. It'll all come to an end.

Frattin is at least 10 days away.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I would rather have Lupal /or Frattin playing with Kadri then Orr.

Orr is looking good only because of Kadri. He totally missed an open next last night that i know for sure Frattin/Lupal would have netted.

I have no idea where his place will be on this team once Lupal and Frattin come. I wouldn't complain if MacArthur is benched and moved at deadline.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Kadri makes it work with whoever he plays with. Still not sure why we havent seen him with Kessel. Seems to be the next logical step. Putting up those kind of points with those little minutes, I dont know why he hasnt been bumped up yet.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
ORR should not be on that line what so ever, but it is what we got so we have to deal with it,

also kadri can produce his own offense as the kid is a ****** G

On paper I would agree with you but Orr has been in beast mode this year. He's a 4th liner but he's been skating and hitting everything in sight. He's the best option we have right now with injuries to Frattin and Lupul.

Colton Orr is a new man this year for the Leafs. He's been playing like an ideal 4th liner...energy, grit and responsibility.

I thought McLaren, Fraser and Orr on the same team was a dumb idea but with the way Carlyle uses them they are not only effective, but entertaining to boot. Especially Fraser this year.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I love seeing it work.....mostly because of Orr.

This type of up in performance will help him more than anything once he is back on the 4th line.

However, I can't wait for Frattin to get back in the lineup. Him and Naz had a sixth sense.

Phatic

Aug 2, 2011
not sure why everyone thinks orrs presence hurts kadri? if anything he opens up the ice for kadri and CMac. can anyone think of another NHLer who had a tough guy playing along side of him? you know, the all time points leader.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad