Post-Game Talk: Lyon was a mere paper tiger

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
I'll make my one post in the thread while I've managed to be logged in for more than 5mins. This board functionality has crashed and burned. Tried 4 different browsers. This board is using twice as many browser processes as any other board and taxes computer memory like crazy.
Now this week its logging me off after each thread view. Go to a new thread, logged out.

ffs

Game good, all good, this is good. lol

Quite the win streak Oilers got going here. Loving KK.
I was wondering where you were, thought perhaps you battened down the hatches and were hibernating…

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I was wondering where you were, thought perhaps you battened down the hatches and were hibernating…
Somehow for the moment the boards are working OK. (Toronto not playing?) heh

Had to go browser shopping again and see what works best. Doesn't help that some virus detectors are seeing hfboards as a virus. hmmmm ;)

That said I have to admit -40 days are good for having an odd nap here and there. Sleepy time increasing. Maybe Bears have a good idea.

Reactions: Morpheus

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
Was that his ex? When I first read, I thought it was his current gal that made the trip. I can imagine the ex was sitting there with a voodoo doll, sticking pins in him everytime he skated by. What did she manage to do that got her kicked out?

I thought it was incredibly smart of McDavid to push the puck in and heads up enough to not touch it until Hyman cleared the zone.
McDavid did not push the puck into the zone. It went in off the Red Wings skate.

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The crazy thing is that she doesn't even live in Detroit. Lol.

She traveled to a flyover state to harass her ex at his job on her birthday. Girl is certifiable.

She also said she slept with him while he was a minor. 😂 Classy.
Is she stalking Kane or Larkin? heh. I'm thinking neither feel too good about this. Larkin looked plenty distracted last night.

Man. these staking cases are terrible and thus restraining orders. Its terrible that something like this becomes so all consuming for any individuals concerned. Find ways to move on. Its on a whole other level of destructive pathology but often seen as only male toxic behavior yet females engage in this often as well.

For some people, of all sexes, love is about possession. You hope to never meet these people and if you do stay away. Word to the younger folk. Signs are often there. Its why the age old advice is to go slow on relationships. Go quickly into the wrong relationship and you'll be sorry.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
McDavid did not push the puck into the zone. It went in off the Red Wings skate.
Doesn't really matter who brought it back in, it was a delayed offside regardless. This part isn't really in response to you, I just know I saw some trying to say it wasn't a delayed offside because it went off the Detroit player's skate, but thats not how that rule works. Needs to be brought back in intentionally and not an RNH pass deflecting off a skate back in to waive off the offside.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Is she stalking Kane or Larkin? heh. I'm thinking neither feel too good about this. Larkin looked plenty distracted last night.

Man. these staking cases are terrible and thus restraining orders. Its terrible that something like this becomes so all consuming for any individuals concerned. Find ways to move on. Its on a whole other level of destructive pathology but often seen as only male toxic behavior yet females engage in this often as well.

For some people, of all sexes, love is about possession. You hope to never meet these people and if you do stay away. Word to the younger folk. Signs are often there. Its why the age old advice is to go slow on relationships. Go quickly into the wrong relationship and you'll be sorry.

Yeah... Idk. Anna has seemed mentally unwell for a very long time.

It's a stark reminder - don't get involved with people like that. Because... Yikes. Giga yikes. 😂

I can't imagine separating from someone nearly half a decade ago and still spending all my time on social media posting about them... Let alone going to bother them at work... Let alone spending money and traveling days to bother them at work and then post it all on social media.

She still goes by Anna Kane for Christ sake. 😂

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah... Idk. Anna has seemed mentally unwell for a very long time.

It's a stark reminder - don't get involved with people like that. Because... Yikes. Giga yikes. 😂

I can't imagine separating from someone nearly half a decade ago and still spending all my time on social media posting about them... Let alone going to bother them at work... Let alone spending money and traveling days to bother them at work and then post it all on social media.

She still goes by Anna Kane for Christ sake. 😂
Its why I had assumed that most of the stuff being stated about Evander when we got him was bogus. This stuff is in my wheel house career wise. I've seen ample male and female stalking.

5yrs isn't much in stalking standards. It can be endless.

Thing is mothers are mothers. Regardless of mental health or otherwise that connection does not, and really cannot go away. In fairness to mothers theres fierce mammal bio-wiring involved there and thus women having even greater difficulty letting go of the family unit. Not trying to absolve here but imagine the pain in wrecking your life and your childrens live so thoroughly that you can't even see the humans you gave birth to. (I think she's even lost visitation rights) The pain involved in that, and I've seen it first hand, its indescribable. In her mind she would project everything to Evander, blame him for all of it. Its hard to explain the level of stuck that gets involved in these things.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
It really begs the question. Will Connor Brown ever score in the NHL again?

I’m mostly frustrated because I had a bet with a Leaf fan at the beginning of the season for 18 goals or over. Which seemed reasonable at the time…
Will he ever score
Bouchard is over 1 PPG and +12 even strength since the Coaching change while leading the defense in TOI and playing against elite competition yet every post about him on this board STILL be like 'yeah but he had a bad giveaway though.'
He's the monster!

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
On goal tender interference calls, I wish they say which row of Table 16, starting on page 154 of the rulebook, they settled upon:

Tuesday
I suspect the ref initially decided upon the following decision tree:

However, personally, I think that it did not occur at the same time as the goal was scored and it had changed to the following:

But with no review initiated by the Oilers, we will never know if the ruling would have changed.

Yesterday
I suspect they settled on:

Just potential explanations, though I am not sure I agree. Just think the NHL/referees needs to do a better job explaining what differentiates one goal tender interference call from another.

I think you got it right, the thing I don't like is although it was in the crease Marzek choose to initiate contact with Hyman and try and Guide/push him out of the way. It is his crease, but seams like he caused the interference or was looking to try and get the call.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Doesn't really matter who brought it back in, it was a delayed offside regardless. This part isn't really in response to you, I just know I saw some trying to say it wasn't a delayed offside because it went off the Detroit player's skate, but thats not how that rule works. Needs to be brought back in intentionally and not an RNH pass deflecting off a skate back in to waive off the offside.
This is 100% correct. The opposing player has to intentionally play the puck causing the puck to re-enter the zone for it not to be a delayed offside. You could tell that McDavid knew the rule & actually waited for Hyman to get onside before entering the zone or touching the puck.

On a sidenote, the same rule would have applied had it deflected off the linesman & back into the zone. McDavid would have needed to wait.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Boards would be a lot better if that poster took their obsessive nonsense elsewhere.
Can say that about a few toxic posters who are much more active when things are going bad.

“You’re” damn lucky … not “we’re” damn lucky?

Sometimes you really don’t help yourself with these posts lol.
His posts are just awful . Always something negative are ridiculous. I swear we will be in cup finals and he will do the same shit. Best to block him imo

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Really depends if they want to play Skinner 65 games and run him into the ground before playoffs because thats close to what he's on pace for if the current goalie usage remains the same since Pickard was recalled. I think it probably can wait, but they're also within striking distance of divisional spots and home ice for the playoffs. The longer they wait the less likely they are to make that up.
January is a pretty slack schedule, both in number of games played and quality of opposition, and continues into the first week of February. Should have a much better idea in a few weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad