GDT: LXXIV | "8 Miunutes Before 8" | Oilers @ Stars | 4.3.24 | 7:52PM | SNW/SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Same with Colorado etc.
if you want the Oilers to win games that take no margin for errros we will never win them. And it’s why we struggle against good teams. We can skate with them but they just wait on the guarenteed mistakes
Toughest trophy to win in sports. The mistakes were the difference against Vegas and should have lots of scar tissue as well from their elevator ride down to start the season. This team hopefully has learned resilience to take a long run at winning. But if they can't correct basic stupid decisions and lose their composure then it could be a quick out. I'm not going to overreact to this game.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Kane's most memorable play in weeks was bouncing that puck off Brown's body for his 1st goal of the season.

Lots of ice cold sticks on this team right now.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
What do the stats look like since the all star break?

I want to believe, but man I'm having a hard time thinking anything will be different.

I can't stand seeing the same mistakes every bloody time they play anyone higher than them in the standings. They just seem so easy to play against and they crumble under any pressure.

2-1-2 in last 5 against higher ranked opponents.

29-15-1 was our record when we lost to VGK to end the streak. So 16-7-4 since…

Reactions: TB12

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
The Stars have an identity. Fast, solid defensively and deep. Our identity is a few good players and a bunch of slow meh players with little to no effort and in some cases balls.
Is there a better summary of Holland’s tenure than this game? Piss poor drafting. Defensively exposed. No depth scoring. 97+29 to solve problems. He has been the worst thing to happen to this organization

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
I’m not sure but I believe that is why they paid for all the retention at the deadline…or to possibly soak up some of Brown’s bonus
That was to fit Henrique's contract in. Looks like they have just under $2.9M in space right now. No room for Campbell even if they bury the max.

It's moot anyway. Pickard gave this team a chance to get into the game and the rest of the team let him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad