GDT: LXXIV | "8 Miunutes Before 8" | Oilers @ Stars | 4.3.24 | 7:52PM | SNW/SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
those are Mitchell and Ness retro series jerseys 2nd generation with great quality increase over the last release.

95 blue yoke Smyth and 98 home Laraque are already released.
Dang. They look nice. Would have been cool for the playoffs

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Funny thing is that when I talk about "western provinces" for me that is Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta, the prairie provinces. BC just seems to not fit that description, though I don't know what the proper reference would be.
A weird quirk about the center of the universe (Toronto specifically).
I have spent many many months working there in the past and almost to a person they referred to flying to Vancouver and/or Calgary as going North.

I thought that this was so odd that while Vancouver (for example) may be a few hundred KMs north it is actually a few thousand Km's West yet the emphasis is put on travelling north. :huh:

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Funny thing is that when I talk about "western provinces" for me that is Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta, the prairie provinces. BC just seems to not fit that description, though I don't know what the proper reference would be.

When I was trucking we'd call BC "Bring Cash" because the fees, permits and fuel is so F*CKING expensive out there!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Soviet Russia fits the bill pretty good IMO.

Reactions: rhino71

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Ew, are you f'ing serious? This will be a 10:50pm est start...ish?
Unfortunately. We r AST, 3 hrs ahead. Back in 2017, Oilers were playing Anaheim and some games in playoffs didn’t have puck drop till 1145. One game went into double OT. I got outta garage at 545 AM and right to work for 6 AM. The joys of being an Oilers fan in NS

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I lived in BC in 90’s . Definitely different than Prairies for sure. People r different in Vancouver compared to other parts

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The rest of the schedule is very tight, with a couple of B2Bs, so I’m thinking it’s critical to balance/ rest the goalies whenever possible with playoffs around the corner. Pickard’s numbers have been decent so there shouldn’t be a huge risk putting him into games.

Looking at the rest of the schedule, this is likely the riskiest start we're giving him from here with an equal split of 4 bottom 10 teams and 4 playoff teams.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Left in 89 and returned every summer to visit my grandparents and aunt. My dad was military so we moved quite a bit.

Haven't been to that place, but ive been to similar coves/villages that have equally breathtaking views out to a bay which ice bergs drift. My aunt lived in Birchy Bay for a time and her house backed out to a bay that had views not unlike that pic. Wonderful place.

do you complain about HNIC too?yoy

Left in 89 and returned every summer to visit my grandparents and aunt. My dad was military so we moved quite a bit.

Haven't been to that place, but ive been to similar coves/villages that have equally breathtaking views out to a bay which ice bergs drift. My aunt lived in Birchy Bay for a time and her house backed out to a bay that had views not unlike that pic. Wonderful place.

do you complain about HNIC too?
You mean Saturday night games?

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Doing some analysis on the starts with people questioning Pickard starting. I think this is all part of a methodical plan that put into play quite some time ago looking at the crazy schedule down the stretch. With Pickard starting today and them likely splitting the last 8 starts, look at the last 48 days of the schedule with Skinner starts in bold.

Going into the season, many pundits said the target for Skinner should 56 starts maximum, and the season is 192 days long.

From March 2nd to March 25th, Skinner played 7 games in 24 days. Prorate that to 192 days, you get 56 games.

From March 26th to April 18th, Skinner would play 7 games in 24 days. Prorate that to 192 days, you get 56 games.

Finally, assuming Skinner starts 4 of the last 8 games and understanding he's had 52 starts.... well look at that... 56 starts on the season.

This to me is a sign that Knoblach is an even crazier attention to detail type coach than we may have thought and that he is playing the long game making sure this team is in the best possible position for health and preparedness on Game 83 without any built in excuses. I love it, and it convinces me even more that the recent line blending is just part of a plan.

1712184326742.png

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
As an extra, the verbal before the all star break was that they were grinding Skinner down with too many starts, but on a game per day basis he was only tracking for about a 58 start pace. Since the break, a 65 game pace, so he's already burned some of the reserves up, and needs to make sure it settles down by playoffs.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Doing some analysis on the starts with people questioning Pickard starting. I think this is all part of a methodical plan that put into play quite some time ago looking at the crazy schedule down the stretch. With Pickard starting today and them likely splitting the last 8 starts, look at the last 48 days of the schedule with Skinner starts in bold.

Going into the season, many pundits said the target for Skinner should 56 starts maximum, and the season is 192 days long.

From March 2nd to March 25th, Skinner played 7 games in 24 days. Prorate that to 192 days, you get 56 games.

From March 26th to April 18th, Skinner would play 7 games in 24 days. Prorate that to 192 days, you get 56 games.

Finally, assuming Skinner starts 4 of the last 8 games and understanding he's had 52 starts.... well look at that... 56 starts on the season.

This to me is a sign that Knoblach is an even crazier attention to detail type coach than we may have thought and that he is playing the long game making sure this team is in the best possible position for health and preparedness on Game 83 without any built in excuses. I love it, and it convinces me even more that the recent line blending is just part of a plan.

View attachment 845652
You’re playing 5D chess, meanwhile I can’t remember where I put my checkers. :)

• Haha
Reactions: bone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad