GDT: LXXIV | "8 Miunutes Before 8" | Oilers @ Stars | 4.3.24 | 7:52PM | SNW/SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I was Born in Gander Newfoundland in 1986.

My people are you people.
thats right
Coming back to me.
When did u leave Gander? We spoke a few times about Gander a few times I seem to remember
Were you anywhere near a place called Haven in NFLD? Seen this today on news

1712171826108.png

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Its just because we are on TNT often.

ALL TNT 2nd games start this late. It's not just us.

I means its alright, IMO, we'll play at 8pm in the playoffs anyway.
It's not alright for people that get up early to go to work. In fact it is stupid!! Including the pregame ceremonies and b.s. they have before many games.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Kozari and St. Laurent calling this game.

Hang onto your hats, because this game is going to be an officiating circus. Two of the absolute worst together, one of which is known to despise the Oilers and the other is so utterly incompetent that it's hard to tell where his bias really lands.
Good God. That’s the equivalent of having The Bushwhackers ref the game.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
It's TNT unfortunately. Another aspect if the league underappreciating the Canadian fanbase.
I’m a Canadian and take pride in how our country has influenced the game historically. But we need to take a breathe and realize that we don’t”own” the sport nor even have a majority grip on percentage of players in the NHL anymore.

Canada has around 40% of active NHLrs but the USA is just under 30%. It’s not a Canadian league or sport.

The growth potential is also not in Canada. Those are just the realities of the situation.

Funny thing is that when I talk about "western provinces" for me that is Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta, the prairie provences. BC just seems to not fit that description, though I don't know what the proper reference would be.
Wet coasters.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
That is one impressive sight.

One day, want to got to NFLD to see the bergs floating by.
I was in St. John's at a time the icebergs were suppose to be there but they were not. Instead we got treated to a show by a large pod of humpbacks that we watched for hours from the top of Signal Hill. When we took the North Head Trail back to town we were shocked to see one just off the shore past the Narrows in the inner harbour. It was close enough that I could have thrown a rock and hit it. A local said it was the first time in 25 years he had seen one that far in. Still never been there for the icebergs unfortunately.

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I was in St. John's at a time the icebergs were suppose to be there but they were not. Instead we got treated to a show by a large pod of humpbacks that we watched for hours from the top of Signal Hill. When we took the North Head Trail back to town we were shocked to see one just off the shore past the Narrows in the inner harbour. It was close enough that I could have thrown a rock and hit it. A local said it was the first time in 25 years he had seen one that far in. Still never been there for the icebergs unfortunately.
Seeing the whales would be a decent consolation prize.

Plus experiencing the hospitality and residents of Nfld would be so enjoyable. My folks went there 20 years ago when they were retired and still traveling and they spoke so positively about how great a vacation it was because of the people.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Seeing the whales would be a decent consolation prize.

Plus experiencing the hospitality and residents of Nfld would be so enjoyable. My folks went there 20 years ago when they were retired and still traveling and they spoke so positively about how great a vacation it was because of the people.
The people are incredibly friendly and genuine. I find that all over the east coast.

Not as spectacular, but one other cool experience was eating on the balcony of the Subway in Lunenburg looking out at the Bluenose.

Reactions: brentashton

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I keep a pretty close eye on them (because I want to know what I'm talking about when I rip them), and these two are without a doubt objectively among the worst.

I believe they even finished bottom 2 in terms of which officials most players deemed the worst. St. Lauent has been among the leaders on that list for as long as I can remember. He's also the idiot that f***ed up our game two nights ago.
Going by the stats, we've won more recent games under these two, the majority. Laurent made sure we lost 4-1 one year. They will obviously favor the home team as refs usually do except when in Edmonton. We'll see! We really don't encounter them that often.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Oh f off TnT and NHL with these pathetic start times. Now I have to watch this game tomorrow, then a game Friday and another on Saturday.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Going by the stats, we've won more recent games under these two, the majority. Laurent made sure we lost 4-1 one year. They will obviously favor the home team as refs usually do except when in Edmonton. We'll see! We really don't encounter them that often.

We may still win, but in spite of them, not because of them.

If I remember right the last Kozari game was in Edmonton against the Red Wings where the officiating was a circus, but didn't really matter in the end because we rolled them. This was the one where he called a penalty on Foegele at the end for basically getting hit by the other player and doing nothing else.

You can get away with Kozari games when you're playing a shit team, but the Stars can actually make you pay when the officials decide to inject themselves into the game.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
thats right
Coming back to me.
When did u leave Gander? We spoke a few times about Gander a few times I seem to remember
Were you anywhere near a place called Haven in NFLD? Seen this today on news

View attachment 845574
Left in 89 and returned every summer to visit my grandparents and aunt. My dad was military so we moved quite a bit.

Haven't been to that place, but ive been to similar coves/villages that have equally breathtaking views out to a bay which ice bergs drift. My aunt lived in Birchy Bay for a time and her house backed out to a bay that had views not unlike that pic. Wonderful place.

It's not alright for people that get up early to go to work. In fact it is stupid!! Including the pregame ceremonies and b.s. they have before many games.
do you complain about HNIC too?

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Lots on here complaining about the refs. In recent times, I've stood up for Kozari as he seemed to improve in recent years, but he's returned to form with a few clunkers dating back to the LA series, so perhaps the good stretch was to mask what he was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad