GDT: LXVII | "The Corner" | Oilers vs. Jackets | 3.4.16 | 5:00PM | SN-W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trollmark*

I like the happiness in this thread.

We are acting like fans of a winning team. Feels nice, even if it's only in spurts.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I like the happiness in this thread.

We are acting like fans of a winning team. Feels nice, even if it's only in spurts.

I got a feeling we are about to get crushed. I remember the happiness pst McDavid return when we cremed Columbus and Ottawa. Then got crushed by Montreal and NYI. I think well see the same thing

Cant have a stretch of over 5 games of happiness

duul

Jun 21, 2010
We can't even make the playoffs if we win our last 16 games in a row. That's kind of a sad feeling.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
No doubt that there will be foods there that the body is not designed to ingest.

Haha. Don't get me started on Sattvic food. Like vegan. But take out everything fun from vegetables too. No garlic, no onions, no hot peppers, no spicy food. No sweeteners (sugar, honey etc), no caffiene, no alcohol. No processed food either.

But tonight the only requirements are vegetarian I believe.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
5-1 Oilers PP comes to life 2 teams out of it Ref will be fair McDavid 1 g 2 a 3 pts

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
i cant believe the difference in comments now that the team has won a few games in a row haha. If I didn't know better id assume Oils were steam rolling the league!!! All it takes is falling back to their usual play tonight and everyones comments will be a complete 180 again haha.... I hope they have turned the corner a bit but im not jumping on the 180 train until they start winning more games beating some good teams!!!

the team has looked decent these past 3 games, but they also looked way better in December when they won 6 in a row and then they nosedived hard after that and lost a crap load of games!

I expect a win tonight cause its a non playoff team, and its going to still build their confidence for next year!

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Playing the spoiler can be fun.

I think we dropped Philly's chances at the playoffs by 10% last night.

Seeing the oilers outbully the bullies and watching guys like Giroux whining and yapping, and Ghost pretending to be a tough guy but had a jultz error in his own end was amusing. Best part of being the spoilers of ruining the flyers chance of the playoffs is the amount of nicknames I read on Ghost. GhostRecon has to be my favorite. :laugh:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
5-1 Oilers PP comes to life 2 teams out of it Ref will be fair McDavid 1 g 2 a 3 pts

Refs being fair to the Oilers?

Literally impossible.

Off the top of my head the Oilers have been on the better end of shoddy officiating twice this season, and have been on the ass end for about 80% of the other games.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Refs being fair to the Oilers?

Literally impossible.

Off the top of my head the Oilers have been on the better end of shoddy officiating twice this season, and have been on the ass end for about 80% of the other games.

The refs were atrocious last night. You think they were trying to help the flyers score by the amounts of PP's they gave them. Oilers were gonna get a PP until crybaby started whining to the refs right after he was yapping at Hall and Eberle.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I would really enjoy LB getting some god damn goal support for once. :laugh: poor kid.

Anywho.

5-2 Oilers. McDavid, Drai, Maroon, Sekera, and McDavid again.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
You going to the pot luck tonight?

I wouldn't go to a yoga potluck regardless of the prospects that are attending the event
All of the dishes will be tofu and salads and all of the ladies will be gossiping. Oh yeah, the tv won't be on because the ladies want their husbands to pay attention at the event :cry:

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Oil-fans just posted these, hahaha...

waroon.jpg

radko.jpg

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Oil-fans just posted these, hahaha...

waroon.jpg

I couldn't stop staring at that all game last night. I kept thinking that something had to be wrong, then started going through all the players trying to think who else has an M in the last name to see if it was the same font. Went through the entire team and thought that thought to myself that it was weird that there wasn't a single other player with an M in their last name. Then I remembered McDavid and felt ridiculously stupid.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
I was curious earlier too and the Oilers don't even have a player in the system with a W in their name.

That must be why they used it. Had too many sitting around. :sarcasm:

In there somewhere is a joke about the Oiler's having a surplus of unused "W's"... and possibly even having used up all the M's from the McDavid jerseys that they're selling.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Hopefully they keep it up. This game has all the earmarks of us getting taken advantage of though.

Really hope they show up and play hard for LB give him some goal support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad