GDT: LX | "Why Not Both? GDT & MacT Quotes" | Oilers vs. Wild | 2.20.15 | 7:00 | SN-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Ebs grimaced and hollered out in pain, hopefully he's o.k. It'd be great if we could pot one here and start to beat their wet blanket approach.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
I don't get why everyone is scavenging reasons to praise Nelson so fast for what isn't very impressive and in a small sample size. Is he better than Eakins? Yeah but Eakins was absolutely horrendous, that's really not a noteworthy accomplishment. He's still well below .500, with the Oilers reputation giving them the element of surprise any time they put up any kind of a fight.

I for one do not want Nelson back next year. He's not horrible, but this team needs a coach who's nothing short of awesome, and absolutely certain about everything he's doing. The way this community latches onto every little insignificant personnel or staffing change as the next big thing is just so frustrating.

Jul 19, 2012
I don't get why everyone is scavenging reasons to praise Nelson so fast for what isn't very impressive and in a small sample size. Is he better than Eakins? Yeah but Eakins was absolutely horrendous, that's really not a noteworthy accomplishment. He's still well below .500, with the Oilers reputation giving them the element of surprise any time they put up any kind of a fight.

I for one do not want Nelson back next year. He's not horrible, but this team needs a coach who's nothing short of awesome, and absolutely certain about everything he's doing. The way this community latches onto every little insignificant personnel or staffing change as the next big thing is just so frustrating.

After Eakins anything is an improvement. That said I'd like to see an experienced coach come in and enlist TN as asst coach, and ****can Acton. I do like his way with the players.

McDeathbyCheerios*

After Eakins anything is an improvement. That said I'd like to see an experienced coach come in and enlist TN as asst coach, and ****can Acton. I do like his way with the players.
Name one proven coach that is available. Now name a proven coach that's willing to come here. If Babcock is available we don't get him. If Todd from the Sharks is available, he won't come here either.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

This is basically how I feel

McDeathbyCheerios*

Also getting another new coach will push the team back more and if they fire another guy that the players like, I guarantee they will be begging for a trade and we will be forced to start the rebuild all over again.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Nelson? He was right at .500 going into tonight's game, 10-10-3.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Nelson needs to keep the teams effort up the rest of the year to be a top choice. Still lots of games left to play for him to prove himself. Tonight definitely doesn't earn him another checkmark though.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Nelson needs to keep the teams effort up the rest of the year to be a top choice. Still lots of games left to play for him to prove himself. Tonight definitely doesn't earn him another checkmark though.

Definitely doesn't add one but I wouldn't take anything away from the guy given our lineup

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
JUSTIN SCHULTZ RUNNING DOWN THE CLOCK LOSING 3-0 OMG

Also:
tarp-30198.jpg

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Only if you think Nelson started to actually coach after the first time MacT allowed him to address the team by himself ;)

It was clear the direction of the team changed once Mac T was nowhere near the bench, so why shouldn't that be a marker?

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria

Ok, you go out and find this nothing short of awesome coach and give Craig a call

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Can't make a pass, can't handle a pass, weak ass play along the boards and can't generate anything offensively. We play like *****es we're gonna look like *****es. This loss isn't because of coaching that's for sure.

Our princesses needed another day off.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Score early on the Wild because if they score first they'll throw a wet blanket on the game.

camboy

Oct 16, 2003
Victoria, BC
Explain to me the difference in what the Wild do in the neutral zone versus The Hawks..Lightning...Flames...Kings...take your pick (or just tell me to go back to my board if you cant answer).

Can't explain it but trust me it's different and it sucks. It's like watching back to back performances of the Russian ballet with your girlfriend on a Friday night when all your buddies are at the bar. It's that kind of bad.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg

Look at the lineup Nelson has had at his disposal. It's absolutely horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad