GDT: LX | "Why Not Both? GDT & MacT Quotes" | Oilers vs. Wild | 2.20.15 | 7:00 | SN-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(17-32-10) --vs-- (29-21-7)

[fieldset=GAME DAY INFORMATION]Game Day: February 20th 2015
Game Time: 7:00 PM
Radio: 630 Ched.
TV: Sportsnet Oilers
Streamed:
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=2014-2015 LEAGUE STANDINGS]
RK | TEAM | GP | W | L | OT | PTS | ROW
27th|
large.png
|56|20|29|7| 47 |16
28th|
large.png
|58|20|31|7| 47 |16
29th|
large.png
|57|16|32|9| 44 |12
30th|
large.png
|58|17|37|4| 38 |10
[/fieldset]

[Fieldset=OILERS PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Teddy Purcell - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Jordan Eberle
Ryan Hamilton - Derek Roy - Nail Yakupov
Benoit Pouliot - Boyd Gordon - Irio Pakarinen
Matt Fraser - Matt Hendricks - Rob Klinkhammer

Oscar Klefbom - Justin Schultz
Martin Marincin - Mark Fayne
Andrew Ference - Jeff Petry

Ben Scrivens
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=WILD PROJECTED LINEUP]

extralarge.png

Zach Parise - Mikko Koivu - Jason Pminville
Thomas Vanek - Mikael Granlund - Justin Fontaine
Nino Niederreiter - Charlie Coyle - Jordan Schroeder
Stephane Veillieux - Erik Haula - Kyle Brodziak

Ryan Suter - Jonas Brodin
Marco Scandella - Christian Folin
Nate Prosser - Mathew Dumba

Devan Dubnyk
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=MACT QUOTES FROM MORNING SKATE]

Soli's an idiot!
[/fieldset]

Last edited by a moderator:

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Some encouraging comments from management, although I'm wondering why they appear to have done a complete 180 on some of their opinions.

2-0 Wild

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
1. Facing Minnesota
2. Facing Dubnyk
3. We won last game

Guaranteed loss

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Is that wild D for real?! Feeling a little more confident all of a sudden. Too bad that first pairing plays 30 mins a game :laugh:

Man Purse

Dec 16, 2010
wind river valley
best MacT quote left out for some reason..

a brief eight word sentence that very concisely illustrates a stunning concoction of hubris, ineptitude, and an imaginative convenient distortion of truth (a lie to save his own ass for short)

"We challenged him (Petry) on a one year contract"

488fitter

May 25, 2010
Edmonton

a brief eight word sentence that very concisely illustrates a stunning concoction of hubris, ineptitude, and an imaginative convenient distortion of truth (a lie to save his own ass for short)

I fail to see how it's a lie. Petry wasn't playing to his ability last season, and in most cases, a short term deal is assessed. Its definitly a challenge to the player, and if answered, they get rewarded with a much bigger contract. MacT may have handled the negotiations poorly, which is merely speculation by most of the fan base, but Petry ultimately decides his fate with Edmonton.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
GDT Tune..I was going to go with the 1925 Bessie Smith version, but I thought I'd keep it current:

EDIT: heh. I thought the Oilers were playing St. Louis for some reason. :shakehead

Last edited:

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Nelson Pre Game

Were the reporters trying to get a quote re: Petry and his contract?

Glad they tried but didn't exactly succeed.

The thing I noted (heavily) in this was the question about how he picked when they were going to shoot on the shoot out. He says he "just goes by feel". I like that. It's like I play guitar. I know my theory and technical ****, but when it comes down to putting on a good show, ya gotta play by feel (In my own case anyway). Work with what's going on around you at the moment, not some scripted passage from the coaching encyclopedia.

That's what this team has been missing. Feel.

/end rant

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.

The thing I noted (heavily) in this was the question about how he picked when they were going to shoot on the shoot out. He says he "just goes by feel". I like that. It's like I play guitar. I know my theory and technical ****, but when it comes down to putting on a good show, ya gotta play by feel (In my own case anyway). Work with what's going on around you at the moment, not some scripted passage from the coaching encyclopedia.

/end rant

We'll have to talk guitars some time :)

Jun 9, 2011

/end rant
He is a classy guy. Really doesn't fit it here :sarcasm:

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Is that wild D for real?! Feeling a little more confident all of a sudden. Too bad that first pairing plays 30 mins a game :laugh:

We're missing Spurgeon, so our normal Top 4 isn't playing. Otherwise we have one of the better Top 4's in the league. Scandella and Spurgeon are great together.

J4M13M

Jun 4, 2014
Saint John NB

To be fair, this has kinda been MacT's narrative all along. He said he offered a multi-year deal that a guy less confident in his ability would have accepted, but Petry opted for the 1-year option. This implies it was a "show me" deal. Not the most wise thing for a guy's last year of RFA, but MacT's story has been consistent all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad