LW Vladimir Tkachyov - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2014 undrafted)

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Detroit tried this a while back and lost the player on a waiver claim. can't remember the specific player involved.

Was it Nabakov when he returned from the KHL, then the Isles picked him up? I seem to remember he made a fuss about getting claimed by them -then signed a 3 year deal anyways

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I would ignore an unprofessional opinion like that. He looked excellent next to Barbashev in the Q-my unprofessional opinion. And oh yeah, as an 18 yo in the NHL pre-saseason he was more that a ppg and one of the leading scorers - so he already proved he could play at a high level on the small ice. As one of the posters above already mentioned - his KHL team plays on an NHL sized rink - no problems. Excellent prospect - puck wizard like no other

Moncton was so happy with his game that they traded him for spare parts to another contender.

I just have my doubts. :)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So Tkachev is now contractless. I'm afraid with this waiver thing he can chose to sign a contract with SKA or other rich KHL club, though.

EdwardTK

Jul 3, 2014
"Babaev also said the Blackhawks have previously expressed interest in another client, Russian forward Vladimir Tkachyov, who also terminated his contract with Admiral on Thursday. The Edmonton Oilers previously attempted to sign the 22-year-old Tkachyov, but the contract was voided. He has 14 goals and 16 assists in 30 games this season in the KHL.
Babaev said he has heard from many teams regarding Tkachyov, and they'd likely wait until after the 2018-19 season to sign with an NHL team. Babaev thought Tkachyov and Nalimov would likely end up on the same KHL team.
“The Blackhawks have shown interest,” Babaev said. “They call about him every time. He'll play one more season here and then we'll decide. We don't know where he will sign.”"@

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
On hockeydb it says that he weight 144 pounds ???? Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 12.46.04 PM.png

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Moncton was so happy with his game that they traded him for spare parts to another contender.

I just have my doubts. :)

Yes keep in mind this is quite common in junior hockey to get something for a guy you know is not returning next season - better than nothing. As the story goes - Quebec was going to the Mem cup, so they had to put best foot forward, Moncton was not.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Admiral is the only KHL team, that has NA size rink.

Admiral plays on NA size ice, but that doesnt mean they play a NA style of game.

I still have doubts about Tkachyov. He’s electrifying when given time and space, but I’m not sure he’ll be able to create it for himself in the tight checking NA game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad