LW Vladimir Tkachyov - SKA St.Petersburg, KHL (2014 undrafted)

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I see no problem with players being paid "good money " in the KHL. That is nothing but the best for the game of hockey & its development in the world. It is sad that other European leagues are not willing to pay at least "KHL salaries." Shame on them!

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Yeah, shame on them being (mostly) sustainable. KHL is like the occasional European soccer clubs that spend big for some years and then go bust. Great development.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I replied to the statement that getting "good money" in the KHL is the wrong thing. I do consider it as a good thing. And I presented my opinion about other European leagues who are not able to pay a solid wage (on KHL level) to their players despite billions´ revenues (as they say) by those clubs/leagues (in contrast to the KHL - as people use to say). So, the ball in on the European leagues´ side. So, if you blame the KHL for paying "good money", you are obligated to blame other European leagues for that matter.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I mean, it was reported that he is getting quite some good money from SKA (big part of it isn't guaranteed though, as it is in bonuses).
It was reported by people who are interested in reporting just that.

Aside from that I think it's a good decision for Tkachyov career wise, because I doubt he would make it in the NHL.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I replied to the statement that getting "good money" in the KHL is the wrong thing. I do consider it as a good thing. And I presented my opinion about other European leagues who are not able to pay a solid wage (on KHL level) to their players despite billions´ revenues (as they say) by those clubs/leagues (in contrast to the KHL - as people use to say). So, the ball in on the European leagues´ side. So, if you blame the KHL for paying "good money", you are obligated to blame other European leagues for that matter.

Probably you meant my comment, but I didn't say that it is a wrong thing, I meant that if a player states basically everywhere that he wants to go to the NHL this offseason and suddenly changes his mind, then the offer must be quite good (and some reports were indicating that it is good).

It was reported by people who are interested in reporting just that.

Aside from that I think it's a good decision for Tkachyov career wise, because I doubt he would make it in the NHL.

Actually yeah, I mean, at least we will see what he is really worth of at this level, because some rather things that were allowed for him previously at Admiral and Salavat, he won't get away with those here, so he will need to get his game to a new level, especially in terms of maturity and consistency.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
He said to sport24.ru: I had three to four NHL offers this past off-season, but they did not guarantee me the NHL roster spot. So I decided to sign with SKA in KHL.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Honestly, he, unlike Gusev, hasn't done anything special in the KHL and International tournaments yet to expect some NHL team guarantees him a roster spot...

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Hope, he'll become another Panarin/Gusev type of a player. Talent is here, at least. Scored another beauty yesterday to Traktor, and a good assist to OT winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad