Prospect Info: LW Viktor Neuchev -- Taken 74th overall in 2022

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The height thing threw me off too, and the tape doesn’t help.

There’s a goal I watched where a 6’3” listed center was next to him, and was a head over him. But the other guy to his side was listed at 6’0”, and Neuchev was definitely taller than him.

So who the hell knows. I’ll wait for the Sabres to measure him.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
The height thing threw me off too, and the tape doesn’t help.

There’s a goal I watched where a 6’3” listed center was next to him, and was a head over him. But the other guy to his side was listed at 6’0”, and Neuchev was definitely taller than him.

So who the hell knows. I’ll wait for the Sabres to measure him.
that's some MIG 25 level of misinformation

Reactions: SharkInABoloTie

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Got a chance to watch a bit of him today and he's certainly energetic chaos in the way Max was.
Seems like a slightly heavier version of Kisakov. Take a look at any picture and I’d guess he is sub 6ft…..then again, still young so could still be growing

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Seems like a slightly heavier version of Kisakov. Take a look at any picture and I’d guess he is sub 6ft…..then again, still young so could still be growing

Different sort of player but yeah, physically they (and Ostlund, Rosen, and even Savoie and Kulich) are all small and light.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The whole game for those who want to see 'em all:

First is at 12:40 of the first.
Second is at 45 seconds of the third.
Third is at 2:53 of the third.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
About to have play-in game 2 in about 5 minutes:

He's #79 for the white team today if he's playing.

Edit: Never mind - he's not playing today in the MHL. Looks like he's in the lineup for the big club in their playoff game. I wonder how much ice time he'll get if any.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So odd that they would call him up to the big team just to not play him when he could still be helping the MHL team.

1 shift so far for the whole game, and they are now in their 2nd OT.

Edit: And the MHL team got thumped 5-1 this morning.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Another day, another game for his MHL team where he's not playing. I guess that one shift he had for 30-some seconds yesterday might have been tiring.

• Haha
Reactions: Realgud

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Another day, another Gragarin Cup playoff game where he might not ever see the ice. Such is the fate of kids in the KHL...

Edit2: Tied 3-3 late in the third. I don't think he's seen the ice of course.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
And his KHL season is done with a 4-3 OT loss in what has to be viewed as a collapse after being up 3-1 early in the third, at home.

And he didn't see a single shift again. I haven't looked to see if his VHL team is in the playoffs, but his MHL team got bounced in the play in.

Edit - the VHL team opens tomorrow against Metallurg Novokuznetsk. I wonder if he'll be assigned?

Last edited:

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
And his KHL season is done with a 4-3 OT loss in what has to be viewed as a collapse after being up 3-1 early in the third, at home.

And he didn't see a single shift again. I haven't looked to see if his VHL team is in the playoffs, but his MHL team got bounced in the play in.

Edit - the VHL team opens tomorrow against Metallurg Novokuznetsk. I wonder if he'll be assigned?
He, like Novikov, is on an expiring contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad