LW Toni Rajala - Luleå HF, SHL (2009, 101st, EDM; UFA)

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Yeah, I think that might be right. Here's some statistics when they played in C-juniors (both of them played in one year older's leagues) :

Games Goals Assists Points

RAJALA Toni 13 26 20 46
PULKKINEN Teemu 11 21 22 43

why the hell are they playing junior-C when they are absolutely dominating??????

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
sorry, off topic.

is joonas rask tuukka's brother??

Here is a picture of them:
tuukka_ja_joonas.jpg

Kaner

Aug 3, 2007
The hockey news 2007 future watch:

"Toni Rajala
LW, 5-10, 161, Ilves Jr. B (Fin.)
17-9-19-28-20
Rajala is small, but flashes remarkable offensive talent. "He's already the talk of the town in Finland," a scout said. "Finland hasn't delivered a star for years, but Rajala has the tools."

In 2010 draft Mikael Granlund goes also high with Pulkkinen. He is a small but very skilled forward.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

2009-2011 drafts will be Finland's 'Oh crap we're supposed to be producing talented forwards too' drafts.

2009 will bring the likes of...
-Finland's Sidney Crosby story in Toni Rajala. Started to dominate the game at such a young level, has been tearing up the SM-Liiga since. Definately has finesse with great puck handling. The more ironic thing is he plays almost a more identical game to Crosby than anybody else I've seen (I saw one game live and just 2 days ago in st. louis I watched 2 games of his from SM-Liiga B). He's got such a great control over the game... This kid is the real deal with Finland.
Prediction: Franchise Forward. 100 point seasons are not out of the question right now.

-Finland's 'under the radar player', Eric Haula. The stardom of Finnish-phenoms Toni Rajala and Teemu Pulkkinen has over-shadowed a great success story with Eric Haula. Eric Haula is even being touted as the 'more complete' player than Rajala, even though Rajala is very much so ahead skill wise. A sentence to sum up Haula is 'He finishes what he starts'. Meaning-- if he goes into the offensive zone... He'll work hard until there's a result
Prediction: First line forward. Great leader, Sakic-esque demenor.

-Finland's 'obligatory' goaltending factory product, Jere Ringbom. I don't know too much about him except he's got flare that can finish. I've been told by a scout on this board that Ortio is the goaltender to look out for... But Ringbom is being hyped
Prediction: I'm not too sure... Starting goaltender possibly?

The 2010 draft will come stampeding with...
-If Toni Rajala is to Sidney Crosby, then Teemu Pulkkinen is to John Tavares in terms of types of players, and ironically even the same stories. Teemu Pulkkinen is a stellar player. Able to dominate offensively with 'Russian style' goal-scoring. I've really heard that Teemu Pulkkinen now, is twice as good as Rajala was at his age. Maybe this story will have a different ending, compared to it's Canadian predescesors, because as it seems now, Pulkkinen may turn out to be the best player Finland has produced... Ever? It's way to early to tell... but if Pulkkinen continues on his path of total destruction and inihilation of any standard set for a 14 year old hockey player... Pulkkinen may end up as a game changing, superstar forward that will be coveted by any team.
Prediction: Franchise forward. 100 point seasons.

Rajala and Pulkkinen will bring to Finland a recovery of talented stars. My prediciton is both make SM-Liiga A teams... Or atleast play a few games this season.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
I've got 2 games on tape... I don't know how to convert to dvd. I was able to get them from my uncle in St. Louis!!! :handclap:

Way to go, Fin. That's pretty exciting, at least for me it'd be, what with how long I've been trying to see video on them and there's been nothing.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Toni Rajala is apparently going to get his first taste of U18 hockey in the Hlinka Memorial Tournament

edd1e

Sep 11, 2004
Helsinki, Finland
100 point seasons are far far away from both of those guys. I personally cant say too much about those guys.

Everything can change when we're talking about so young players.

Hopefully someone of these will be the real superstar foward from Finland since Selänne.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

It's just predictions and mindless talking.

I think Selanne and Koivu set the bar low

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Who would you compare Rajala and Teemu Pulkkinen to?

Hoepfully, my Leafs can draft one of them, of the way they are being hyped around these boards.....

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
Why is Koivu the bar for Finnish players? If it's not him, it's Selanne, and I really can't understand why Olli Jokinen is never talked about as one of the best Finns ever. Honestly, I'd rather hear about how these 2 compare to him than Saku Koivu.

winslow

May 29, 2006
St. John's
Olli Jokinen is so underated he hardly ever gets any praise on these boards.

I would consider him the best Finnish player right now.

Joretus

Olli Jokinen is so underated he hardly ever gets any praise on these boards.

I would consider him the best Finnish player right now.

There is at least couple of reasons, first, Jokinen haven't been anything special in Team Finland. Secondly he haven't been leader like Selänne&Koivu have been for Team Finland. And thirdly he were one stupid a-hole before going over to NHL as age ~18 so he haven't been ever too popular.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad