LW Toni Rajala - Luleå HF, SHL (2009, 101st, EDM; UFA)

hifk88

Nov 2, 2005
Helsinki
How has he been playing in US? I heard he led the scoring race at some point, dont know anymore.

According to game reports and his stats, Toni had an very strong tournament there. He was the best goal scorer in the tournament with 6 goals & he was third in points (6+1) right after Andre Petersson (4+5) & Simon Fischhaber (4+4). I personally think Rajala's stats are looking extremely good for an 1991 born propect, who just played mostly with 1990 borns. Example 2 of Sweden's top forward prospects for the 2009 draft (William Wallen & Anton Lander) played also in this tounament, but they didn't do as well as Rajala. Lander 0+3 & Wallen 1+0.

http://www.usahockey.com/ntdp/17u/main/ntdp/07_u17_4nat/

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Dont forget Victor Hedman...this guy is a possible top 5 pick in the 2009 NHL draft...a later born 90 he is an amazing defenseman. Plus also Anton Myllari is a very high ranked 2009 prospect as well.

Also man Flaake and Fischhaber are both super high touted prospects for 2008 so is Strobel on Germany as well, but Flaake and FIschhaber I am sure made scouts take notice at this tourny...they are big talks over Germany right now. I have yet to see both of them play, but I am looking forward to when I do.

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Yeah, Hedman is great player. Best defenceman of 2009 draft class IMO. At 16 he's already 6'6 220.
Rajala is a great talent also. He's having a great tournament.

Anton Myllari is a amazing physical defenceman.

Anton Lander and William Wallen both are plying well. Wallen was amazing in Hamar also.

Sad that Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi isn't playing at this tournament.

crthomp

Apr 18, 2007
The official Toni Rajala thread

I have heard and read some things on this kid, I am wondering what you guys think of him and if you think he will be a star in the NHL eventually?

I know it's hard to judge right now, but any info on this kid would be nice.

What kind of player is he? Is he a skilled puck handler, fast skater, good shot?

And is he supposed to come out in Tavares's draft? 2009?

Yann

Apr 4, 2007
Ontario
Iv'e only red one thing on him, and dont know much, but it said he could be the first Finnish born superstar in a long time, yes superstar. But eh, thats just what i read, so I'm not too sure.

crthomp

Apr 18, 2007
I read he is breaking every finnish junior league record right now, is this true?

what are the strengths of his game?

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
And is he supposed to come out in Tavares's draft? 2009?

That's going to be a good draft I think, with Tavares and some of the biggest Finnish and Swedish future hopes being eligible that year. Not sure about the Russians, because I don't remember when Kuchin and Kitsyn are eligible, but if they are that year, it's definitely supposed to be an awesome year.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
I've heard comparisons to Koivu, but that could just be based on how important he might be to Finnish hockey. I've also heard that Pulkkinen (who's going to eligible in 2010, a year later than Rajala) is going to be better.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
That's going to be a good draft I think, with Tavares and some of the biggest Finnish and Swedish future hopes being eligible that year. Not sure about the Russians, because I don't remember when Kuchin and Kitsyn are eligible, but if they are that year, it's definitely supposed to be an awesome year.

kuchin is 09 and kitsyn is 2010.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I need a Picture of Toni Rajala

He's a prospect from the 2009 draft

Does anybody have a pic (Google/Yahoo/AJ/Dogpile dont work with him)

Thanks!
Tyler

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Thanks!

But I was thinking more along the lines of him actually playing?

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

he looks like he is 12

We finns are weird

We don't start maturing until 17-20

But I had stubble and stuff when I was 16 because of my mom's genes.

My brother is his age and he looks 12 also.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Yea it'll be pretty funny when Hudler and Filpulla are saving the Redwing's butt's

anybody got a pic of Rajala playing though?

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I actually need to find out how to either say

'Toni Rajala Videos' in Finnish

Or I need to know where to find clips of him playing

Trust me you will not regret helping me out.

Juhi50

Jul 12, 2007
He's a pretty good skater, he has a magical puck handling, and goal scoring isn't problem for him.

I think he could be the Next One in finnish hockey, if he evolves same way as he has evolved until now.

Last edited:

Juhi50

Jul 12, 2007
I've heard comparisons to Koivu, but that could just be based on how important he might be to Finnish hockey. I've also heard that Pulkkinen (who's going to eligible in 2010, a year later than Rajala) is going to be better.

Yeah, I think that might be right. Here's some statistics when they played in C-juniors (both of them played in one year older's leagues) :

Games Goals Assists Points

RAJALA Toni 13 26 20 46
PULKKINEN Teemu 11 21 22 43

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad