LW Kyle Connor (2015, 17th, WPG) II

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Meh. I was excited to see him in action.

I think he will be a regular before the end of the year. Well I hope

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Remember when I got laughed at by about 1000 posters for saying that Matt Tkachuk was the better prospect. Good times.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Remember when I got laughed at by about 1000 posters for saying that Matt Tkachuk was the better prospect. Good times.

You should really wait a couple of more years before starting to brag. He didn't make the team because top 6 is stacked, and Maurice has a fetish for PKers like Hendricks. Not because he lost his talent.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

Bruins got a ton of heat for not drafting him, and even I thought it was pretty dumb, but DeBrusk has made the starting lineup and is in the top6.

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Bruins got a ton of heat for not drafting him, and even I thought it was pretty dumb, but DeBrusk has made the starting lineup and is in the top6.
The bigger knock was Senyshyn at the time. DeBrusk was a bit out there, but Senyshyn was the one that really caught people off guard.

Reactions: 99664987

Semaj49

Jul 28, 2009
DeBrusk starting the season with the Bruins doesn't make him a better pick than Connor at all. Connor should become the better player

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
yeah..... well connor is still a better choice than Debrusk.... The bruin's 3 picks that year still look awful
Just look at the picks after the Bruins... Connor, Barzal, Chabot, Boeser. Yikes!

Reactions: 99664987

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
yeah..... well connor is still a better choice than Debrusk.... The bruin's 3 picks that year still look awful
Just look at the picks after the Bruins... Connor, Barzal, Chabot, Boeser. Yikes!

Bruins will laugh at the rest of the NHL when DeBrusk is the only one NOT to bust :)

That would be funny but hopefully that doesnt happen. Hate to see young talent bust.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Paul Maurice, 1 of the few coaches who has the talent to have 4 more or less scoring lines, chooses to go old school "facepalm" Oh man, has he not followed who have won last years????

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Thought he was overrated a year or so ago then he turned it on late last year in the AHL and seems to have had a NOTHER setback. Wondering if all the overrated statements were indeed correct. O well

Reactions: Nucker101

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Essentially it came down to sending one of Petan or Connor down in order to keep our bottom 6 waiver wire fodder from getting claimed on the waiver wire, most notably Tanev. Many of us have a feeling that if anyone isn't playing up to expectation that Connor will replace him in short order. He played well in preseason and had at least two games where he looked like one of the best players on the ice for both teams but for some reason Mo gonna Mo. This is more a knock on our coaching staff then it is on Connor.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I know drafting the "local boy" is not the smartest move most of the time but even Colin White. In defense of Debrusk, I do believe him and Beauvillier were the 2 best(highest) goal scorers left on the board by time the Bruins picked

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

At this point I think DeBrusk and Connor are a draw. Connor has more upside, DeBrusk is more certain to play in the NHL.

Zboril looked every bit a first rounder in camp. Cassidy was raving about his skating. He's really strong and physical too. Looks sort of like McAvoy on the left side. Still has too many mental lapses though.

Senyshyn looks like a big mistake with the other talent on the board at the time. With size, speed and 42 and 45 goal seasons in the OHL he is not a write off, but he is had a poor camp.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Debrusk looks like a great pick. He's all over the puck at both ends. He beat out some pretty good players to make the roster.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Not what I think anybody was expecting, but far, far better than plunking him down in a checking role.

That's where I'm at with this news. And plus I get to go watch him play for 20 bucks a ticket. Oh well. :D

He won't be down there long if he continues on from last season.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
He'll be recalled at some point in the season. Maurice is going with an older line up to start the season. I don't blame him. He has little margin for error to begin the season.

Reactions: JMcLeaf and Grant

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Essentially it came down to sending one of Petan or Connor down in order to keep our bottom 6 waiver wire fodder from getting claimed on the waiver wire, most notably Tanev. Many of us have a feeling that if anyone isn't playing up to expectation that Connor will replace him in short order. He played well in preseason and had at least two games where he looked like one of the best players on the ice for both teams but for some reason Mo gonna Mo. This is more a knock on our coaching staff then it is on Connor.

I wish we sent both of them down, Petan now gets to sit and watch hockey when he's better than any player from bottom 6 down(IMO).

Connor Roslovic Petan would had been a sick line for the AHL.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
I wish we sent both of them down, Petan now gets to sit and watch hockey when he's better than any player from bottom 6 down(IMO).

Doesn't Petan need to clear waivers to go down now?

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Senyshyn looks like a big mistake with the other talent on the board at the time. With size, speed and 42 and 45 goal seasons in the OHL he is not a write off, but he is had a poor camp.

At the risk of derailing this thread, I believe Senyshyn was one of those guys who will take a few years to become anything. Having a bad camp at 20 doesn't mean it was a mistake, but moreso shows that the scouting reports were correct, that he will take a while. Given that, I do think he was a gamble at his draft slot, I would have taken him mid 20s (which is where I took him in my sim league haha)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

This is the thing I do not get about Maurice. He still employs a top 6 bottom 6 deployment. In time I can see Roslovic, Connor, and perhaps Petan on a 3rd scoring line. They also have Spacek and Harkins down the road. top 9 bottom 3 is how teams are deploying today. This is why I am confident Connor will be called back up this year. It may take a few things to transpire, but I believe he will be.

Reactions: Grant and JMcLeaf

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
This is the thing I do not get about Maurice. He still employs a top 6 bottom 6 deployment. In time I can see Roslovic, Connor, and perhaps Petan on a 3rd scoring line. They also have Spacek and Harkins down the road. top 9 bottom 3 is how teams are deploying today. This is why I am confident Connor will be called back up this year. It may take a few things to transpire, but I believe he will be.

Pretty damn embarrassing to go 0 for 8 on the power play with Petan in the press box and Connor in the minors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad