LW Kyle Connor (2015, 17th, WPG) II

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kyle Connor has 19 shots on goal through 4 games with the Moose. By far the most on the Moose. More speed and skill in the top 6. I'd like to see what they can do together.

Apparently Lowry is also injured, so is Roslovic next?

Last edited:

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Kyle Connor has 19 shots on goal through 4 games with the Moose. By far the most on the Moose. More speed and skill in the top 6. I'd like to see what they can do together.

Apparently Lowry is also injured, so is Roslovic next?

no

Scheif
Little
Copp
Petan (will be Hendricks when he's healthy and Lowry should be ready at a similar time so Copp will move down to 4W)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Backhand saucer pass to Wheeler for the game winning goal was a thing of beauty.

He's been outstanding. I doubt he sees the AHL again.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Backhand saucer pass to Wheeler for the game winning goal was a thing of beauty.

He's been outstanding. I doubt he sees the AHL again.

Along with Ehlers probably our top forwards the last couple games. I thought his defensive reads were much better then last season which seemed to be one of his biggest issues. Covered for Buff when he pinched and missed a defender and prevented a 2 on 1. His speed really helps him in that regard. Doesn't look as fast as he used to be, likely because he focused on adding strength but now that he has good size he can really put the effort into getting his skating back to where it was. Even so he is still one of the faster skaters on the team.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Connor is playing very well and we are starting to see him turn the corner. IMO he has been one of the Jets better fwds since being recalled. It was only a matter of time. Think his stock is just about to rise for 2015 draftees.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
4 points in 5 games since his call up. But more importantly he is playing well in all zones. I think it would take a lot to send him back now. Looking more like the player some knew he was when he broke all those records at the U of Michigan.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
4 points in 5 games since his call up. But more importantly he is playing well in all zones. I think it would take a lot to send him back now. Looking more like the player some knew he was when he broke all those records at the U of Michigan.
His style works with Scheifele/Wheeler so well. He plays a very straight game but is skilled enough to make plays with them and fast enough to keep up. A speedy left shot finisher is also exactly the type of player that Scheifs and Wheeler need. I don’t see him coming off the top line, even when Perreault returns

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Winnipeg looked good against PIT and he seemed to fit in well from what I watched. Winnipeg may finally be turning the corner and Connor will be part of the progression. Only issue is Hellyebuck needs to be moved to NJ. His last name is HELLyebuck after all.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
5 points in 6 games now since his call up. He's not going anywhere I presume. Unfortunate it took an injury to Perrault for Maurice and the Jets to realize he was indeed NHL ready at the start of the year.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Connor should have started the season with the Jets in the top 6, in my opinion. He adds a ton of speed and additional firepower and allows the Jets to strengthen their bottom 6 with Perreault when he returns from injury. Connor has been terrific this season, and I can't imagine him ever seeing another game in the minors. Sky's the limit for him.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Connor should have started the season with the Jets in the top 6, in my opinion. He adds a ton of speed and additional firepower and allows the Jets to strengthen their bottom 6 with Perreault when he returns from injury. Connor has been terrific this season, and I can't imagine him ever seeing another game in the minors. Sky's the limit for him.

Hes an awesome player and has so much potential... Hopefully that demotion at the start of the year lit a massive fire under him and he will keep getting better and better. Who knows maybe thats why Jets management did it haha

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

I think when Perrault returns, you have to keep Connor with Scheifele and Wheeler. But with Maurice. One never knows?

Connor has earned a spot on the top line. He has been lights out since his call up. One of the better Jets in this span.

For me there is virtually no difference from top 6 to top 9 in today's hockey.

I would drop Laine to play with Perrault whom he does have chemistry with on the so called #3 line. Little and Ehlers will form theoretically the #2 line. It just strengthens the line up 1-9.

Reactions: monsieurthibz

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
I think when Perrault returns, you have to keep Connor with Scheifele and Wheeler. But with Maurice. One never knows?

Connor has earned a spot on the top line. He has been lights out since his call up. One of the better Jets in this span.

For me there is virtually no difference from top 6 to top 9 in today's hockey.

I would drop Laine to play with Perrault whom he does have chemistry with on the so called #3 line. Little and Ehlers will form theoretically the #2 line. It just strengthens the line up 1-9.

Connor - Schiefele - Wheeler
Lowry - Little - Ehlers
Laine - Perreault - Armia

That spreads the scoring out a bit IMO.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Connor - Schiefele - Wheeler
Lowry - Little - Ehlers
Laine - Perreault - Armia

That spreads the scoring out a bit IMO.
You will never see lowry and Perreault at those positions when everyone healthy. Never.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Now has 5 goals and 5 assists since his call up. Really has added a layer of quality to the Jets skill and production. He has become a valuable player to the Jets on their top line.

To think he would not have even been called up had Perrault not been placed on IR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad