LW Kristian Vesalainen (2017, 24th, WPG)

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
I thought someone wrote here that he was not after all injured, but that there was flu going on in the team and he probably was suffering it too. Does someone know how it really was flu or injury? And if it was injury after all, is he still injured?
Looking at Jatkoaika, that seems likely. Also looks like he will be back in the next game.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
2+1 in his last three games. Another goal so far tonight.

Good to see.
He's been good since September. I watched a couple of his first games and then another about a week ago, and the difference was visible. He is much more quicker in his decision making and it allows him to use his tools better.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
He is beginning to show some promise on pro level. Good for him. With him producing as well, I'm beginning to think that Finland might have a chance at the WJC.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Added another goal tonight, still in the 2nd peeiod. He's up to 8g 9a in his 24th game (14 points in his last 16 games). He's on a low scoring Liiga team. I'm looking forward to seeing him play at the WJC-20.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Vesalainen, Tolvanen, Heponiemi, Jokiharju, Juolevi, Vaakanainen, Heiskanen, Välimäki and Kuokkanen.

We'll have a sick team at the WJC so we will probably play in the relegation round. Nah, I think we have a very good chance for gold.

Can't wait.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Yeah he’s heating up after a fairly slow start in the SHL. He’s a fun player to watch and I think he’ll be a good middle six winger in a few years. I like his balance of playmaking and scoring, makes him hard to read.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Yeah he’s heating up after a fairly slow start in the SHL. He’s a fun player to watch and I think he’ll be a good middle six winger in a few years. I like his balance of playmaking and scoring, makes him hard to read.

He's not playing in the SHL...

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
He has a huge frame out there and looks really good so far at WJC.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Had an excellent game and tournament. Looks like another dandy F prospect for the Jets.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Looks like trading back in the 1st with Vegas to pick Vesalainen won't come back to haunt them.
Especially since it ensured they could protect Lowry, Copp and Armia in the expansion draft. Those are three key young forwards for the Jets.

Reactions: Rebels57

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Had an excellent game and tournament. Looks like another dandy F prospect for the Jets.

I thought he maybe wasn't at his abolute best, maybe the injury just before tourney hurt him a bit.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
I think he was pretty solid in all areas but he seemed to have hard time finishing the chances he got. Also, you would like to see guy as big as him to have more drive for the net.

Going forward he should focus on his offensive skills, especially shot and release which seems to be quite slow compared to some of the peers. Otherwise I see him having hard time finding the back of the net in NHL.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Vesalainen and Tolvanen were the only forwards that did something.

Every other Finnish forward was trash.
I liked his tournament overall.
Vesalainen
Tolvanen
Jokiharu
Juolevi were the only ones creating

Reactions: 1OApick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad