LW Johnny Gaudreau (2011, 104th overall, Calgary) -"Gaudreaumania III: Live On PPV"

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Despite not getting on the scoreboard tonight against the Hawks, I thought he had a fantastic game. Was more responsible defensively than the last few games, and generated more than a few quality chances offensively.

It'll take some time for his game to translate, but I have no doubt that it will. Extremely smart, extremely skilled player.

He was arguably the Flames best forward tonight. I don't understand the lack of ice time for him, he's been defensively responsible, and makes the right play almost every time. Especially in OT, where there's so much more space.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
I am a big fan of slowly developing players and the AHL as a very wonderful development league.

With that being said, I don't see the urgency in sending him down. Let's give him another 10-15 games and see how he is doing then. He has looked poor at times, and dazzling at times. In essence, he looks like a rookie, and of course that is to be expected.

He has looked good on the defensive side of the puck, and he has been creating offence, even though he hasn't made it to the scoresheet. I won't be upset if they send him down (AHL really is a great development league), but there is no need for a quick decision so early in the season, and on a long road trip where it is a bit more difficult to match lines.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Parise had a tough first year in the NHL (~30 points) after two dominating NCAA seasons and a good AHL season. Might be a similar learning curve for Gaudreau.

Unless he just looks out of place, I'd let him learn in the NHL. Maybe have him watch a game or two from the press box if anything.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He was arguably the Flames best forward tonight. I don't understand the lack of ice time for him, he's been defensively responsible, and makes the right play almost every time. Especially in OT, where there's so much more space.

Seems this is being said every night, but at some point he has to stop "looking" good and actually put up some points.

I'd give him until about game 10 and if he doesn't start producing I think you'd have to send him down to the AHL and let him get his offensive groove back.

Elias Pettersson

I'm not a troll
Jan 22, 2014
Despite not getting on the scoreboard tonight against the Hawks, I thought he had a fantastic game. Was more responsible defensively than the last few games, and generated more than a few quality chances offensively.

It'll take some time for his game to translate, but I have no doubt that it will. Extremely smart, extremely skilled player.

Don't forget extremely small

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad