GDT: Lundqvist & The Wolf Pack @ Wild - 2/13/18 - 8pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
It’s one thing for them to just not be good and have on talent and lose, but I can understand his frustration when they come out every game unprepared. Make bad unforced turnovers, screeen him and stuff. Stuff that is avoidable for even the worst teams. If you stink you stink but that doesn’t mean you need to play like it’s open hockey. A bad team that busts their asses for a full 60 and tries to play the right way is what I’d like to see.

I think we'd all like to see it, but I don't think it's going to happen until next seaosn.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Tony Lettieri and Vinni DeAngelo.

tumblr_mpstfuhRUj1snsbljo1_250.gif

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Which is what I legitimately worry about in a potential rebuild. He will have to take a backseat during one and I really do worry about him if he's so intense in a lost season like this.

I’ve thought that too.

It’s not a knock on him, it’s just that rebuilds are hard on veteran talent - especially future Hall of Famers who, theoretically, can still perform at a high level on a contender.

His heart is in the right place. But I do wonder.

Reactions: mike14

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Which is what I legitimately worry about in a potential rebuild. He will have to take a backseat during one and I really do worry about him if he's so intense in a lost season like this.

Yeah I feel the same way. If he wants to ride through the lows then that's great, but he can't be throwing a fit every night or staring daggers into rookies when they make mistakes. I give him a pass tonight because the team came out badly, but if he can't adapt his on-ice personality to fit the rebuild then it could be a problem.

With a stripped down roster and what seems to be a lame-duck coach that has lost the team, it's going to be a rough end to the year.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
He's old. Used to dangle all the time.

He’s not that old. That’s part of why people are frustrated with him. Doesn’t take away from the other things he does well but I just find it funny that Nash WILL NOT attack a defender 1 on 1. He’ll dump it, skirt the perimeter or pull up and wait for numbers from both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad