Rumor: Luke Glendening linked to Toronto (Pagnotta The Fourth Period)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Glendening isn't the problem in Detroit, he is one of the only guys that I don't want to scream at all game long. We can count on what he brings each and every night, a hard dedicated game. I look forward to seeing him in the playoffs where his value is maximized. But the guy pretty regular has been around 14 to 15 minutes, carried Athanasiou from a defensive standpoint to allow him to score 30 goals. Give him an assignment and you get everything he has. He will be a valuable pickup for someone, trust me you don't want to play against him, good matchup guy that just plays on an awful team.
That's a good scouting report. One thing Detroit has going for them, is Stevie Y. If he sells low, then the player is not in demand. If he sells high, the player is wanted around the league. I always said this, Stevie Y is not the GM I would prefer to deal with.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Sounds like a guy you should keep.

I mean if he's worth giving up a 2nd rounder for... then he's worth it for DET to keep without having to give up anything.

That is why most Detroit fans keep saying it has to be at least a third (any time next 3 years) + b prospect or ideally Stevie can get a 2nd from a big contender as that teams second will probably be very low. Most would be fine with signing him, not until after the expansion draft, but most Wings fans would be perfectly okay with trying to get him back in the summer. Guy does his job, not something we can say about a lot of the team right now.

I don't know what they will get. But he has value in front offices in my opinion, more than he will have on these boards. How much we will find out. But I would welcome him back with open arms if that is how it plays out in the summer.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
If it’s a sellers market w a bidding war I can see it if he’s rep really good defensively and face offs. A guy like that can actually be very important, Jay Beagle gets a bad rap in Van but he was gold depth center for the Caps cup run and for a few years before. A guy who can win those big face offs in key moments and not score, but at least stop the other team and get the puck into their zone
I think this probably would be a buyers market if anything

Teams are moving picks less for rentals as of late and the Canadian teams will be less likely to be bidding on American teams' players due to the 2 week waiting period.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
There's a lot of 4th liners out there that have great defensive and PK abilities. They don't fetch 2nd round picks let alone 1sts the vast majority of the time.
You guys traded seconds for Boyle and Plekanec didnt you? He will probably get that too.

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
Leafs paid a 2nd rounder + Byron Froese for Bryan Boyle rental in 2017. Nashville paid a 2nd to NJ for Boyle rental in 2019.

I reckon Boyle back in 2017 was near the same value as Glendening now

kfox

Dec 23, 2011
Glendening isn't the problem in Detroit, he is one of the only guys that I don't want to scream at all game long. We can count on what he brings each and every night, a hard dedicated game. I look forward to seeing him in the playoffs where his value is maximized. But the guy pretty regular has been around 14 to 15 minutes, carried Athanasiou from a defensive standpoint to allow him to score 30 goals. Give him an assignment and you get everything he has. He will be a valuable pickup for someone, trust me you don't want to play against him, good matchup guy that just plays on an awful team.

Can he check McDavid? Or at least not look awful trying?

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
2020 pick transactions
3rd- De Melo / Soderberg/Gustaffson/ Cole/ Kovalchuk/ Brassard
4th-Erne/Brown/Deslaurier/Grant/Green/Fantenberg

2019 Picks
3rd-Lovejoy/Davidson/Emelin/Hagelin
4th-(Hunwick+Sheary)/Oleksiak (twice)/Wilson/ McQuaid/Thompson/Wingels/Soshnikov

fair would be a 3rd + 5th for 50% retention, with Leafs lack of a 3rd I could see 2nd for Glendening @50% +4th

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
2020 pick transactions

2019 Picks
4th-(Hunwick+Sheary)/Oleksiak (twice)/Wilson/ McQuaid/Thompson/Wingels/Soshnikov

fair would be a 3rd + 5th for 50% retention, with Leafs lack of a 3rd I could see 2nd for Glendening @50% +4th
Honestly just a 2nd or 3rd+ very minimal add is fine by me.

I don't want the Wings to sign him longer-term as I dont think he will age well

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Lou Lamoriello is now the GM of the New York Islanders. 2nds for rental 4th liners is no longer on the menu.

3rd or equivalent prospect for Glendenning.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
2020 pick transactions

2019 Picks

2022 3rd for glendening (50%) + 2021 4th

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Leafs paid a 2nd rounder + Byron Froese for Bryan Boyle rental in 2017. Nashville paid a 2nd to NJ for Boyle rental in 2019.

I reckon Boyle back in 2017 was near the same value as Glendening now
Yes a 2nd sounds right, maybe a B prospect if there's a bidding war. We should have just traded for him two years ago, he's linked to us every year and he would be great on our 4rth line. His faceoffs this year have been insane.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
The coach that wanted him so badly was fired no thank you.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Glendening would be a useful add because the Leafs PK is dog shit and you can't afford that come playoff time

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
2022 3rd + 6th for glendening, the third turns into a second if the leafs make the conference finals. Leafs choose which 2nd to give if conditions are met.

Reactions: Astyanax

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
dont know exact worth in trade . but i will say glenny is an excellent addition to a 4th line / pk unit . smart , rugged , determined , hustles . you will hear all wing fans talk about his mentoring of young guys because hes an obvious competitive force thats making smart plays all 200' to prevent opponant chances and get his team possesion . he just doesnt have a shot to score more or the hands to play make . if yzerman trades him there will be many teams wanting him , and i wouldnt doubt hes put in a package with somebody like ryan or bernier . or in a deal where 50% is retained and detroit takes back an expiring bad contract so detroit aquires a better future than just glenny being traded on own

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad