Rumor: Luke Glendening linked to Toronto (Pagnotta The Fourth Period)

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
oKmlH7U.jpg
thats what i thought lol. i thought Glendening would become a Leaf during Babcocks tenure

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
3 line C. 4th line C.

Unless you think Engvall is the God of hockey, then you do this deal.
You don't have to think Engvall is the god of hockey. If a deal can be made and he is not priced out from the alleged bidding war, he might be a good fit. Take brooks spot on the fourth with ok duties.

Reactions: FussyPucker

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Is it? A 4th + future considerations make it better? Like I had originally offered? LOL
We traded a 5th round pick last year for a 4th round pick this year.

It's shit. You're getting a useful NHLer, you're not paying a 4th.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
We traded a 5th round pick last year for a 4th round pick this year.

It's shit. You're getting a useful NHLer, you're not paying a 4th.

the only way he’s useful on our team is if we deal kerfoot.

Nate Thompson was traded WITH a 5th round pick by the kings to the habs for a 4th (2019)
Then he was traded for a 5th. The leafs are a good FO team overall, so it’s not like we are desperate.

I get that he’s been a good player for you in his early years but I don’t see that much value(especially being almost -30 last year). If a team pays any more than a 3rd they’ll be over paying and they can have him. I’d give a 3rd if you gave him + a 5th though

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
The leafs are a good FO team overall, so it’s not like we are desperate.

That is why I don't really get it for them

Obviously I think he plays a quality game as a C or RW and having both of him and Spezza on your 4th line gives really nice insurance (would be better if one of them shot left so they could strategize on the fly for opponents) but overall I'm assuming there is a team who could put him to much better use as a FO and PK guy

I have been sticking up for him and his value in this thread, but if I was a leafs fan I'd probably think the same thing, unless you're getting him for close to free, who cares really?

Leafs fans probably desire a top 6 F for overall depth, and the D equivalent of Glendening for insurance during their upcoming playoff run more than anything, I'd imagine

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Toronto doesn't have a 2021 3rd and a 2nd is too much, so idk what the trade would be exactly. Maybe Yzerman likes one of their prospects.

Reactions: BHD

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
That is why I don't really get it for them

Obviously I think he plays a quality game as a C or RW and having both of him and Spezza on your 4th line gives really nice insurance (would be better if one of them shot left so they could strategize on the fly for opponents) but overall I'm assuming there is a team who could put him to much better use as a FO and PK guy

I have been sticking up for him and his value in this thread, but if I was a leafs fan I'd probably think the same thing, unless you're getting him for close to free, who cares really?

Leafs fans probably desire a top 6 F for overall depth, and the D equivalent of Glendening for insurance during their upcoming playoff run more than anything, I'd imagine

It’s tough because we haven’t been healthy enough to know what we have up front, and the verdicts still out on gally. We deff need a 7th D for insurance though.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Toronto doesn't have a 2021 3rd and a 2nd is too much, so idk what the trade would be exactly. Maybe Yzerman likes one of their prospects.
oh yeah i forgot. Campbell trade i think.

either a 2022 3rd or a 2021 4th with a prospect. or just a prospect alone. not like this guys value is so high we cant figure it out.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
oh yeah i forgot. Campbell trade i think.

either a 2022 3rd or a 2021 4th with a prospect. or just a prospect alone. not like this guys value is so high we cant figure it out.
Would a 2022 3rd be more valuable than a 2021? Due to length of time they’ll be able to scout next as opposed to this year?

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Would a 2022 3rd be more valuable than a 2021? Due to length of time they’ll be able to scout next as opposed to this year?
very possibly. i think i would be comfortable moving a 3rd for him though.

a 2nd is a bit high though, would just turn into another Boyle/Plekanec move.

Reactions: Leaftors

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Luke Glendening or Derek Grant as a bottom 6 add makes sense. Defensive, Gritty, good on faceoffs and penalty kill.

Either of those adds would be like the Tampa Bay version of adding Goodrow last season

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
No reason to low ball on Glendening. We can offer a lot of different things. 2022 draft is not off the table either.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It's doing wonders for DET.

Glendening isn't the problem in Detroit, he is one of the only guys that I don't want to scream at all game long. We can count on what he brings each and every night, a hard dedicated game. I look forward to seeing him in the playoffs where his value is maximized. But the guy pretty regular has been around 14 to 15 minutes, carried Athanasiou from a defensive standpoint to allow him to score 30 goals. Give him an assignment and you get everything he has. He will be a valuable pickup for someone, trust me you don't want to play against him, good matchup guy that just plays on an awful team.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
3rd rounder with some condition like making the conference finals upgrading it to a 2nd is probably what he’ll get

Reactions: lilidk

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
3rd and a B prospect?

I'd be pretty surprised to see him get a 2nd round pick, he just doesn't bring enough offense to justify it
If it’s a sellers market w a bidding war I can see it if he’s rep really good defensively and face offs. A guy like that can actually be very important, Jay Beagle gets a bad rap in Van but he was gold depth center for the Caps cup run and for a few years before. A guy who can win those big face offs in key moments and not score, but at least stop the other team and get the puck into their zone

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
If it’s a sellers market w a bidding war I can see it if he’s rep really good defensively and face offs. A guy like that can actually be very important, Jay Beagle gets a bad rap in Van but he was gold depth center for the Caps cup run and for a few years before. A guy who can win those big face offs in key moments and not score, but at least stop the other team and get the puck into their zone
This year is a buyers market for rich teams.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
He makes sense. He's a strong defensive minded center with grit for the 4th line who can handle heavy PK usage. That is a type of player they could use going into the playoffs. He shouldn't cost too much.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Glendening isn't the problem in Detroit, he is one of the only guys that I don't want to scream at all game long. We can count on what he brings each and every night, a hard dedicated game. I look forward to seeing him in the playoffs where his value is maximized. But the guy pretty regular has been around 14 to 15 minutes, carried Athanasiou from a defensive standpoint to allow him to score 30 goals. Give him an assignment and you get everything he has. He will be a valuable pickup for someone, trust me you don't want to play against him, good matchup guy that just plays on an awful team.
Sounds like a guy you should keep.

I mean if he's worth giving up a 2nd rounder for... then he's worth it for DET to keep without having to give up anything.

Reactions: LFCTML

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
He'd be a great add for the Leafs. I think he'd thrive in a depth/defensive role on a contender, that's why he has more value than the common stat-watching fan sees. The role he plays doesn't mean much on a bottom feeder like Detroit but he competes extremely hard every shift regardless and is a leader in the locker room so I'd be happy to keep him if we can't get a late 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad