Prospect Info: Lukas Vejdemo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I don't mind. Even if he has some potential to be in their lineup. Vejdemo is an essential player with our affiliate team right now. He's in security there.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Somebody must be ready to come back, Gally ?
Would be a nice addition. I believed they said he's been skating hard the last few days with no issues and was on the road trip with the boys.

Vej was a nice surprise to me. Plays hard, skates well, makes smart decisions....doesn't create much O but you need excellent 4th line guys and he might be one of them.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Would be a nice addition. I believed they said he's been skating hard the last few days with no issues and was on the road trip with the boys.

Vej was a nice surprise to me. Plays hard, skates well, makes smart decisions....doesn't create much O but you need excellent 4th line guys and he might be one of them.

So far I prefer Vejdemo to De la Rose. No passion in De la Rose's game. You need a lot of energy to play forward. I'd have tried to convert De la Rose to a dman a long time ago though...

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Guys like Vejdemo and Evans should be up playing while Poehling should be in the AHL trying to produce offensively.

Vejdemo and Evans are going to be 24 this year and project as bottom six guys, give them some minutes to try and see if they can be regulars so we don't have to keep signing/trading for fourth liners.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So far I prefer Vejdemo to De la Rose. No passion in De la Rose's game. You need a lot of energy to play forward. I'd have tried to convert De la Rose to a dman a long time ago though...

well his 0 pts in 4 games is very DLR like but we'll see who ends up better as DLR is some 7 months older but has over 200 NHL games under his belt. Vejdemo has put up 35 pts in his AHL career of just under 100 games, DLR had 31 in 62 games in his age 21 season before Vejdemo even came over.

Guys like Vejdemo and Evans should be up playing while Poehling should be in the AHL trying to produce offensively.

Vejdemo and Evans are going to be 24 this year and project as bottom six guys, give them some minutes to try and see if they can be regulars so we don't have to keep signing/trading for fourth liners.

Evans and Vejdemo both have only 1 full year in the AHL, so another year wouldn't hurt and they would stand the chance to make the playoffs at least. Poehling should never have been called up but MB has never met a top prospect he didn't rush to the NHL.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I have not looked it up but I guess it means Tatar will be out for a while...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
they must be learning as Vejdemo is ice cold with just 3 pts in the last 16 game since being sent down from his 1st call up. Thought for sure it would be Dauphin since he's started to heat up and that's been the MB way, the minute they start putting up some points in the AHL they get called to the NHL.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
they must be learning as Vejdemo is ice cold with just 3 pts in the last 16 game since being sent down from his 1st call up. Thought for sure it would be Dauphin since he's started to heat up and that's been the MB way, the minute they start putting up some points in the AHL they get called to the NHL.
Maybe he wanted to let good players down there to help the playoff push? That's the only thing I can think of.

Jul 6, 2016
Maybe he wanted to let good players down there to help the playoff push? That's the only thing I can think of.

KK and Poehling are not top shape (Poehling injured again). Not much anything else available down there.

The three trade deadline moves are not helping either. Kovy, Thompson and Cousins should still be Habs While Evans, Hudon and Vejdemo should be helping Laval make the AHL Playoffs.

Reactions: kevsavard95

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
KK and Poehling are not top shape (Poehling injured again). Not much anything else available down there.

The three trade deadline moves are not helping either. Kovy, Thompson and Cousins should still be Habs While Evans, Hudon and Vejdemo should be helping Laval make the AHL Playoffs.
Yeah I know, I was referring to calling him up instead of Dauphin, which I think is a good move because the habs are screwed anyway and Dauphin is pivotal for Laval ATM.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

that was my point, which is odd since they didn't do that with Evans or Hudon who are much more important to the playoff push but they went from calling up our best players to calling up someone that is ice cold so clearly they are doing something different. Granted it makes sense that they want to get a look at Evans and want to reward Hudon, I get that but man does it sting and just about kill our playoff chances if they aren't back in a week or so along with Ouellet and or Alzner. But I don't see that happening with Mete out for the season.

Hopefully Tatar isn't out too long at least.

KK and Poehling are not top shape (Poehling injured again). Not much anything else available down there..

Calling up Kotka would have pissed me off so at least they didn't do that. But Dauphin has been red hot of late so I thought for sure they would pick him over an ice cold Vejdemo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille