Prospect Info: Lukas Vejdemo

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Smart player who skates very well. Working hard to become a call up at some point. NHL qualities in his game

he's had consistency issues in the past so if he can improve there, then I got to think he'l at the very least get a cup of coffee in the NHL at some point. Perhaps he will even if he doesn't since he has the tools you want, NHL skating, speed, size, work ethic, so we'll see what happens there.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
he's had consistency issues in the past so if he can improve there, then I got to think he'l at the very least get a cup of coffee in the NHL at some point. Perhaps he will even if he doesn't since he has the tools you want, NHL skating, speed, size, work ethic, so we'll see what happens there.

any specific reason he's never put it together offensively?

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
He's just not that skilled or creative offensively. He's a very good skater, he handles the puck well and can make a pass but doesn't have much of a shot or dangle. He's dangerous in transition and is very good at disrupting the play on the forecheck. There's probably some NHL potential in him, but not much more then a #4 center.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

aside from his draft year in the J-20 he's never put up numbers, he's flashed some nice tools here and there but just doesn't seem to be overly skilled. But the rest of his game is solid, so perhaps he could top out as a 3rd line winger but I would be surprised if he did. That said he's off to a good start this year so we'll see how it goes for him. I never was too high on him and up until last year didn't see him as much more then a bubble/tweener NHL/AHL but now maybe in a year or two he could be a 4th liner for us if he continues to improve.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is Vejdemo as good or better than DLR ?

I'd say a little worse. He's only 8 months younger but DLR is 5 away from hitting 200 NHL games while Vejdemo has 36 pts in 80 AHL games to date.

In the AHL at 21 DLR had a .5 ppg

In the AHL at 22/23 Vejdemo had a .44 ppg

In the SHL at 18 DLR had a .27 ppg on a team that had just gotten promoted.

In the SHL at 19 Vejdemo had a .33 ppg on a better team then DLR played for.

That said though if Vejdemo continues to improve his offensive game he could end up being as good or better.

Jul 6, 2016
I'd say a little worse. He's only 8 months younger but DLR is 5 away from hitting 200 NHL games while Vejdemo has 36 pts in 80 AHL games to date.

That said though if Vejdemo continues to improve his offensive game he could end up being as good or better.

Hopefully he's gonna get a shot at NHL level (in MTL) in a not so far future. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: montreal

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal

yeah but Maybe Vejdemo is that old protopycal swedish late bloomer? Just like maybe Blues still hope somehow for De La Rose? at least Vedjemo is still in somewhat of a rising curve and moving up the levels.. there is nothing wrong going up the latters slowly some other NHL players followed those steps and one day became key big league players.

its good that we have lots of depth in the AhL one of those will eventually make it.

Evans Hudon McCarron Vejdemo etc

there isnt that much pressure on him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
yeah but Maybe Vejdemo is that old protopycal swedish late bloomer? Just like maybe Blues still hope somehow for De La Rose? at least Vedjemo is still in somewhat of a rising curve and moving up the levels.. there is nothing wrong going up the latters slowly some other NHL players followed those steps and one day became key big league players.

its good that we have lots of depth in the AhL one of those will eventually make it.

Evans Hudon McCarron Vejdemo etc

there isnt that much pressure on him.

for sure as he does look better so far this year so we'll see if he keeps that up.

Reactions: Montreal Impact FC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad