Prospect Info: Lukas Vejdemo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
And what is wrong with that? Why do we absolutely have to build our 4th line using guys not good enough for the other teams? How are we supposed to build a team spirit if we don't trust our own guy to be 4th liner?
Our directors prefer recycling garbages and expired players... Then overpaying them. Instead of trusting our product and our pipeline.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Our directors prefer recycling garbages and expired players... Then overpaying them. Instead of trusting our product and our pipeline.
Trust is earned. If Vejdemo deserves to be there, he will. You can’t crap on guys like Weal or Thompson just because you think a guy from the ahl “deserves a shot”. Even 4th liners play an important role and having the best 4th line possible is very important. Just look at Columbus.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Trust is earned. If Vejdemo deserves to be there, he will. You can’t crap on guys like Weal or Thompson just because you think a guy from the ahl “deserves a shot”. Even 4th liners play an important role and having the best 4th line possible is very important. Just look at Columbus.
I'm talking in general... The concept of trust isn't equitable that enough there...

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“I was in Stockholm. I went out to my agent's house and signed it over there the deal with the Canadiens. I just took the train over to him. It was really fun and really exciting... I contacted my dad. He followed me along my whole journey here from when I started playing hockey. He was glad, too. It was really exciting for sure... I had a dream about it... It's like a dream come true and he was excited for this opportunity. It was a fun day...”

“I've had a good learning curve. I've played three years in the Swedish Hockey League. The highest league here. It's a good league. So I thought I've improved a lot, for sure... I'm stronger and I've grown up more... I've also improved my skating a little bit... It's one of the biggest things in my game, that I skate pretty well... Also, I'm a smarter player... Of course, you get smarter with experience. Those are some of the things...”

“It's a good thing, for sure. Over in North America, it's even tougher... It's a good thing to have played here for a few years. I know that I've learned a lot over the last three years... I was ready to go over there and take those things with me that I've learned here... I was excited to show what I can do. I thought it's going to be fun to see the difference in the game here with the small ice surface...”

“My goal is to take a spot in Montreal, for sure. I trained a lot to reach my goal. Earn a spot in the lineup with the Montreal Canadiens. Many things, but just to be living there and playing for Montreal. And starting a new chapter in my life... Being able to wear the Montreal Canadiens jersey is my dream... That's what I'm looking forward to... The Canadiens also said that they wanted me to come over. So that really pushed me to come...”

“I had a good season in my last year in Sweden and I hoped next season I'm going to be an even stronger and better hockey player. I thought I've a good chance to make it. I felt ready... You've to take that next step at some point. It was a good time for me to take it now.”

“I'm just going to play my game... It's a lot of skating and moving the puck with high speed and making good passes, too... I'd say I'm a two-way center with pretty good skating... That's the strongest thing in my game... I'm pretty smart. I try to make good decisions with the puck. I can play both in an offensive place or box play too. I'm a pretty all-around player with good skating, I'd say. I think I have good hockey sense. Hopefully, I can use my tools well.”

“It was a dream of mine to play hockey... So you want to reach your goals and one of those goals was to play in the NHL... I started in Laval. But just to come here and play for a club is really cool. Now, I'm closer to that dream... I've worked hard for it...”

“I talked a lot with Rene Bourque my ex Djugarden's teammate and he only had good things to say. It was fun to hear some stories about Montreal from a player who played there. You get motivated when you hear him speak about the city and all the fans over there. He said it was an amazing place to play.”

“I came home after a practice and we sat down to have a good family dinner. But during dinner my mom began to feel bad. After that, it only got worse and worse. Before the ambulance arrived, her heart stopped. She was the best mother, always stood up for me and helped me in all kinds of situations. I remember when I was younger and I finished school, my mother often picked me up and we went for long walks with our dog Sui. I still remember those walks today… She helped me a lot with small and big things too. She drove me to practice a lot because my dad often worked late. She always supported me. I visit her grave sometimes and talk with her. Maybe she hears what I'm saying, maybe not. For me tho that time is important...”

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I think if he improves his offence production a bit he might fight for the 4th c spot. I like his wheels

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Ah yes the great Vejdemo, a guy who can’t even hit 30 points in any league. Definitely deserves a shot over Weal who dominated the same league, adding a playoff MVP trophy.

Weal played great though. The comparison isn't advantageous to Vejdemo. I don't think this totally disqualifies Vejdemo to be a future NHLer, but he's still a long way from that. I think he can still find his ways as a fringe NHLer, a winger on the 4th or an extra on the roster.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
C Lukas Vejdemo is a strong smart two-way center who prides himself in his defensive play and backchecking. He’s got a powerful skating stride that allows him to break away from battles and carry the puck out of the zone. His first initial steps are not explosive but he does use his balance to keep possession and fend off attackers. Overall he protects the puck well using his decently sized frame and awareness. He has a pretty heavy wrist and slap shot but will have to work on his accuracy and position of his release point. He’s a good playmaker with decent passing skills and solid vision. He’s a give and go type of forechecking attacker that is always looking to push the pace. Vejdemo’s hockey sense and defensive play are what makes him an integral part of the penalty kill.

Notes: Habs Prospects in Laval

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
We still need a winger if Lehkonen ends up playing with Domi. We have Byron, Armia and Weal to play on Kotkaniemi's and Poehling's lines, but no one else. Unless Thompson takes the #4C spot and Poehling plays LW.
Evans and Vejdemo will be pushing too. I know they aren’t necessarily wingers, but I’m just saying. I’m sure some centre will end up on the wing.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Evans and Vejdemo will be pushing too. I know they aren’t necessarily wingers, but I’m just saying. I’m sure some centre will end up on the wing.

Vejdemo imo is more a winger then center, but Evans if you aren't playing him at center then it's a waste as one of his best assets is face-offs. But neither will be pushing for roster spots this training camp imo, as they just aren't ready unless Evans has a monster off-season where he fills out a good bit, gets a lot stronger, quicker and improves his skating.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Vejdemo imo is more a winger then center, but Evans if you aren't playing him at center then it's a waste as one of his best assets is face-offs. But neither will be pushing for roster spots this training camp imo, as they just aren't ready unless Evans has a monster off-season where he fills out a good bit, gets a lot stronger, quicker and improves his skating.
You could be right. I know they both were counted on a lot in Laval and they both came through. I think Evans gets lost in the mix and Vejdemo flys under the radar. I could see them surprising. Maybe not right out of camp, but they’ll get a look.
I’m most excited about the way the development has changed. Hell, I’m starting to think MCcaron has a chance again! I’ve been preaching that he’s a lost cause, too!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You could be right. I know they both were counted on a lot in Laval and they both came through. I think Evans gets lost in the mix and Vejdemo flys under the radar. I could see them surprising. Maybe not right out of camp, but they’ll get a look.
I’m most excited about the way the development has changed. Hell, I’m starting to think MCcaron has a chance again! I’ve been preaching that he’s a lost cause, too!

Evans was a lot more impressive but both struggled with consistency. Both will be in their age 23 season next year, I could see both getting NHL games at some point depending on injuries and how they progress. I have Evans a good bit ahead of Vejdemo but Evans lacks the physical tools that Vejdemo clearly has in skating, speed, size. Evans is just so smart and has an underrated amount of offensive skill but he's got to improve physically as he's just not quick nor strong enough.

McCarron was playing some of his best hockey, it's a real shame he had the shoulder injury. I think he will get another look in the NHL especially if he continues to work on his speed/skating. The ony guy he gets comped to the most is Boyle, both late 1st round picks, both 6'6 forwards, and both struggled in the NHL early on. Boyle was in his age 25 season when he finally broke through to the NHL full time, before that he had a grand total of 36 NHL with a total of 10 pts, McCarron is going into his age 24 season, has 32 NHL and 21 pts.

I'm not saying McCarron will be a consistent 25ish pt a year player that Boyle turned into but I have been saying for years that posters around here need to give him a lot of time as he was just very raw and not handled as well as you would want. I have said I think he will be a decent 4th liner and still think he can be.

Reactions: Tyson

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I
I wouldn’t think that many teams have 4th line guys that they’ve drafted. Most guys like that are journeymen. It’s like that in the ahl too. But, you know, any chance to take a shot at the organization, right?

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Evans was a lot more impressive but both struggled with consistency. Both will be in their age 23 season next year, I could see both getting NHL games at some point depending on injuries and how they progress. I have Evans a good bit ahead of Vejdemo but Evans lacks the physical tools that Vejdemo clearly has in skating, speed, size. Evans is just so smart and has an underrated amount of offensive skill but he's got to improve physically as he's just not quick nor strong enough.

McCarron was playing some of his best hockey, it's a real shame he had the shoulder injury. I think he will get another look in the NHL especially if he continues to work on his speed/skating. The ony guy he gets comped to the most is Boyle, both late 1st round picks, both 6'6 forwards, and both struggled in the NHL early on. Boyle was in his age 25 season when he finally broke through to the NHL full time, before that he had a grand total of 36 NHL with a total of 10 pts, McCarron is going into his age 24 season, has 32 NHL and 21 pts.

I'm not saying McCarron will be a consistent 25ish pt a year player that Boyle turned into but I have been saying for years that posters around here need to give him a lot of time as he was just very raw and not handled as well as you would want. I have said I think he will be a decent 4th liner and still think he can be.

We have to consider that it seems Bergevin wants to start the season with 8 defenseman (Reilly, Folin as extras). This only leaves one spot for an extra forward. I'm not sure we'll see McCaron with the team. I think there's a better chance that Thompson makes the team as an extra. However, I also don't think we'll be loosing McCaron on waivers since he barely played last year. It's a tough call.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
We have to consider that it seems Bergevin wants to start the season with 8 defenseman (Reilly, Folin as extras). This only leaves one spot for an extra forward. I'm not sure we'll see McCaron with the team. I think there's a better chance that Thompson makes the team as an extra. However, I also don't think we'll be loosing McCaron on waivers since he barely played last year. It's a tough call.
Drouin
Domi
Gallagher
Tatar
Lehkonen
Armia
Kotkaniemi
Danault
Weal
Byron

Are likely a lock. So that'd leave 3 spots for a total of 13 forwards.

In contention: Thompson, Peca, Poehling, Suzuki, Hudon, Varone, Weise

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I do think McCarron would clear waivers and I could see Poehling beating him out for a spot but I do think in say a year he'll find a spot on some NHL team either ours or another as a 4th liner or a spare 13/14th forward.

I don't listen to MB, was it in his press conference that he said he wants to start the season with 8 D?

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Carey Price
Pk Subban (Traded for Weber, but still)

To some extent Gallagher too.

They aren't afraid of "overpaying" or fair deals to good players. They just don't give overrated or underserving players massive amounts of money. Simple.

You're competing in a ufa market that gets Skinner 9M$ x 8, a 1 time 40 year goal scorer. Kevin Hayes another example that doesn't make sense. Panarin is that great but he's making like 2-4M$ more than Malkin/Crosby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad