Recalled/Assigned: Lukas Reichel

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
If Reichel ends up being a good 2nd line player, than I'll be ecstatic.....he's a Bowman-Kelley pick so that's not too encouraging, but he's got some speed and skill so love to see what he can do with a full year in the NHL.

He looked really good at times when up, like a legit top 6 difference maker.

Plus he fits the mold Davidson is looking for (at least the skating part), so its a clear match.

Im pretty hopeful on him.

Reactions: Giovi and Mrfenn92

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Pencil him the Hawks starting lineup next year....I see a 40 point season out of him in his inaugural voyage.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
He is lot better than last year but I don't see him as core piece or top6 player.

• Haha
Reactions: Pez68

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Reichel will easily be a 50 pt player, hoping Kaner signs with us this summer...next summers UFAs are pretty weak...3 out of top 15 forwards in points are Domi, Kane and Toews...hoping they sign all three of them

Attachments

• 12A4F129-2B4B-461A-8168-5CAA0D633224.png
    12A4F129-2B4B-461A-8168-5CAA0D633224.png
    308.9 KB · Views: 3

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Reichel ceiling is probably a Teravainen type winger, not a franchise player but still a very valuable piece
And TT has carved out a hell of a career, and is in line for a nice payday, riding shotgun next to a legit top-line center.

If Reichel can be the TT to Bedard or Fantilli, that’s going to be huge. One less key piece you need to draft and wait to develop, or overpay in free agency.

Hopefully the Hawks future top line looks something like

Eiserman/Timo-Bedard-Reichel

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Nice article on Reichel. I can't stress enough what Kurashev means in this organization off the ice with all the languages he speaks.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Nice article on Reichel. I can't stress enough what Kurashev means in this organization off the ice with all the languages he speaks.
He is quite the asset in that regard.

I just wish he would take that next step in his development.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I just don't think it happens with Kurashev. Very cerebral bottom six winger that's a glue guy. Nothing wrong with that.
You're probably right, but he's pretty much the same player now as he was when he came into the league.

It's just been stagnation with him. No real improvement.

HawkeyLife07

Dec 23, 2010
I don't understand what Kurashev brings to the table. He's been the most meh prospect I can remember in recent memory.

Long term, he's probably really good as a fourth liner and serviceable as a third. And he's useful for the rebuild as we quite literally need bodies on the ice. But I've never seen anything special with him.

Happy we have someone in Reichel who has some more hope of being a 4-5M+ worthy top 6 guy. And looking forward to securing even more of these prospects.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I don't understand what Kurashev brings to the table. He's been the most meh prospect I can remember in recent memory.

Long term, he's probably really good as a fourth liner and serviceable as a third. And he's useful for the rebuild as we quite literally need bodies on the ice. But I've never seen anything special with him.

Happy we have someone in Reichel who has some more hope of being a 4-5M+ worthy top 6 guy. And looking forward to securing even more of these prospects.
He is quite maddening, but seems to skate well and has a pretty good shot.....if he was playing with better players, maybe we would see more consistency, but that said, he's one of the more talented forwards so I definitely would want to see him back for another year.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Back to Reichel, he seems to be really good at skating and handling the puck. Any update on his upside to be a really good 200 foot winger on D? How could he look oppo Fantilli as well?

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
Back to Reichel, he seems to be really good at skating and handling the puck. Any update on his upside to be a really good 200 foot winger on D? How could he look oppo Fantilli as well?
Reichel-- as I have posted before has Impressive stats/AHL... One of Only 3 players to Post 1 pt/game average in first 50 AHL games I believe in last 20 years (Spezza/Rantanen) other 2....

Both these guys had NHL bodies- Reichel does NOT... BUT Reichel has NHL quickness and NHL IQ... Like TT- he needs to play with Smart or Very skilled shooter types to put up numbers... In this case he easily puts up .6-.85 pts game...

Watched him w/ Hogs 10 days ago-- he was INVISIBLE playin with Nobody's

Looks way better skating w/ smarter/skilled NHL guys-- BUT- Me thinks he could be really good playing w/ right guys.... Just don't know when the Hawks will field "the right guys"

Kurashev-- is slowly improving-imo... getting more shots at net- very noticeable... but yes- he still seems to fan on some Grade A's - that you think he should pot! But his chances are growing in numbers

Reactions: K1900L

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Bumping thread, what's the overview on his development over the last 10-15 games? I see a very fast & crisp skater who handles the puck extremely well (especially on rushes into the O zone) and also plants himself near the net on occasion. I'm not sure about his forechecking in the D zone or his D in general yet. But his upside to me looks top 3, not top 6.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Bumping thread, what's the overview on his development over the last 10-15 games? I see a very fast & crisp skater who handles the puck extremely well (especially on rushes into the O zone) and also plants himself near the net on occasion. I'm not sure about his forechecking in the D zone or his D in general yet. But his upside to me looks top 3, not top 6.

Pretty much spot on from my perspective. Whether he is top-3 level or "only" top-6 - I feel pretty confident he has shown himself (lately) to be good enough to be a piece of the rebuild. These last few games have given me that confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad