• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Oh I know you weren't placing blame on me...anyone can search my post history & see I haven't resorted to personal shit with Mika. Nor did I feel attacked in the least because I know my remarks have always been hockey related (Full disclosure, I may have called him Soybanejad or something during a GDT in past seasons, but it was only as a celebrtory remark when he's scored a goal. If someone took offense to that, mea culpa, but honestly grow a thicker skin).

Even at the time I agreed JTM probably needed to grow up, but some of the shit posted at the time was beyond absurd. People were accusing of him of drinking in the locker room before games with nothing to back it up.

Different example, I'm not always vocal about it, but I'm not the biggest Adam Fox fan here & unlike the rest of this board, I feel he's a bit overrated. Our PP not missing a beat with Gustaffson kind of reinforces my belief. It doesn't mean Fox isn't a great player & that he's not key to our long term success, but in the past when I've criticized his play, especially as I did during last years Devils series, the pitchforks come out & the replies are venomous.

Bottom line, I just find it interesting how certain players are above criticism. It's probably just an internet thing or maybe it's just a state of society that discourse is a lost art.

Oh its a thing.

Ryan Lindgren is the f***ing living embodiment of it.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I woke up in a good mood excited to read HFboards praising the team with the second best record in the NHL. Oh how naive I am.

This place tends to hyperfocus on the negative. Third best team in the league but the 1C and 1LW are off to a slow start so let’s focus on that. As if focusing on the negative will ensure the team doesn’t become complacent. But that’s the job of the coaching staff, not the fans. If, as a fan, you can’t enjoy this start, then what’s the point?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don't think Laf is a playmaker but is anyone else surprised with how and Panarin have played that he only has 4 assists?
I think he has focused more on getting to the scoring areas when playing with Panarin and letting Panarin do the playmaking

he can playmake on his own though and if he can continue to settle in and play with confidence that will start coming

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
12-2. Yes lets focus on how bad Zib is or some other horseshit. What is wrong with the fanbase on this website. Yes I want more too, but omg!

I think it's more the understanding that in order for this train to keep rolling, Zib, Kakko and Wheeler are going to have to pick up the slack when some of the guys who started the season hot inevitably have a tough stretch.

Last night was good, but we also need much, much more from the bottom 6 in production. Bonino doesn't have a point. Getting into Jeff Halpern territory. Goodrow has been MIA, he's usually good for at least 25 points.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
When a Jimmy Vesey is out producing you on 5v5, when Laf has more points than you even when he's not being forcefed PP minutes, and all you can produce is a single assist in what is supposed to be you bread and butter, f*** that! It's a legit criticism.

Kakko is expendable. Zibs is not, for all the wrong reasons.
Jones has more 5v5 points in 9 less games lol

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think it's more the understanding that in order for this train to keep rolling, Zib, Kakko and Wheeler are going to have to pick up the slack when some of the guys who started the season hot inevitably have a tough stretch.

Last night was good, but we also need much, much more from the bottom 6 in production. Bonino doesn't have a point. Getting into Jeff Halpern territory. Goodrow has been MIA, he's usually good for at least 25 points.

I worry about this too but everything doesn't go perfect ever. I guarantee you that at every point of the Bruins season last year there was some player and more likely players not pulling their weight. You can play that game forever. If the PP is going for example but 5 on 5 isn't, that's not sustainable. If 5 on 5 is going but PP isn't we'd complain about that too. How do I know? Because we've complained about our PP every year until the last three when it was elite. If Panarin were playing exactly the same as he is now and Mika was playing up to his standards people would complain our PDO is too high.

NickyLongLegz

Apr 30, 2019
Kakko is going to be just fine, just like laffy. 12-2-1 and the past 4 pages I read were about Kakko sucking. It’s the beginning of the season lol. Just wait until Chytil (hopefully) comes back and I’d imagine the two of them will start producing together. Or if he’s back on line 1 with the two butt buddies and they actually start finishing plays he used to set up for them.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I worry about this too but everything doesn't go perfect ever. I guarantee you that at every point of the Bruins season last year there was some player and more likely players not pulling their weight. You can play that game forever. If the PP is going for example but 5 on 5 isn't, that's not sustainable. If 5 on 5 is going but PP isn't we'd complain about that too. How do I know? Because we've complained about our PP every year until the last three when it was elite. If Panarin were playing exactly the same as he is now and Mika was playing up to his standards people would complain our PDO is too high.
How is it complaining though. I feel like it’s just people talking about perceived issues which is the purpose of the forum

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
How is it complaining though. I feel like it’s just people talking about perceived issues which is the purpose of the forum

Would make more sense to me that a 12-2-1 team would have people talking about strengths more than weaknesses. No one's saying no one can mention anything negative but it's highly skewed towards the negative with a 12-2-1 team which is unfathomable to me.

ncdoc

Oct 10, 2015

I really appreciate this response. I agree, but think it is too early to get so down on some players.

Reactions: kovazub94

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
People are scarred by the 15-16 team. That's kind of an outlier but holy shit they started the season 16-3-2. They didn't have the injuries or structure of this team and I think the collapse of that team is as I mentioned rare but looking at that schedule I'm amazed thatg you can start 16-3-2 and end the season with 101 points.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Honestly think the breakup is coming soon even if they keep winning.
I don’t think it’s coming until after Chytil is back. What are even available options while he’s out? Break up Panarin - Trocheck? Then Panarin - Zibanejad is a thing at ES. I don’t see it right now and probably first they should go back to figuring out RW on that line.

PS I honestly surprised how little finger pointing is going Wheeler’s way. IMO he’s done less than anyone, yes including Kakko and with last night’s empty net goal in mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDirtyH

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I don’t think it’s coming until after Chytil is back. What are even an option while he’s out? Break up Panarin - Trocheck? Then Panarin - Zibanejad is a thing at ES. I don’t see it right now and probably first go back to figuring out RW on that line.

PS I honestly surprised how little finger pointing is going Wheeler’s way. IMO he’s done less than anyone, yes including Kakko and with last night’s empty net goal in mind.
Kreider-Z-Kakko: 60% xGF
Kreider-Z-Wheeler: 49%xGF
Cuylle-Bonino-Kakko: 59%xGF

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Would make more sense to me that a 12-2-1 team would have people talking about strengths more than weaknesses. No one's saying no one can mention anything negative but it's highly skewed towards the negative with a 12-2-1 team which is unfathomable to me.
It's only skewed because that's the perception. The negative sticks out more amid the positives. The GDT was positive, interspersed by negative criticisms. Everyone celebrated when the game was over. No one rooted for the team to lose.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
People are scarred by the 15-16 team. That's kind of an outlier but holy shit they started the season 16-3-2. They didn't have the injuries or structure of this team and I think the collapse of that team is as I mentioned rare but looking at that schedule I'm amazed thatg you can start 16-3-2 and end the season with 101 points.

The vibes are completely different for me which is why I don't sweat it. This team might not be the 76 Habs but they play well enough and I feel good watching them more often than not.

The 15-16 team was a total paper tiger. Even with the 16-3-2 record they looked f***ing TERRIBLE somehow. I think Lundqvist had like a .952 save % by thanksgiving. It was nuts.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
The vibes are completely different for me which is why I don't sweat it. This team might not be the 98 Red Wings but they play well enough and I feel good watching them more often than not.

The 15-16 team was a total paper tiger. Even with the 16-3-2 record they looked f***ing TERRIBLE somehow. I think Lundqvist had like a .952 save % by thanksgiving. It was nuts.
I was just going to post that Hank was basically the entire reason for that scorching start.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Coaching is pretty much the only significant variable that we could theorize has had some sort of causal effect on the improvement.

Of course, there are other considerations. Teams aren't used to the Rangers playing this way. They'll adjust to us as the season goes along.

I wouldn't be surprised to see teams start laying the body on Gus/Jones/Lindgren more. Wear our blueliners down and get them finnicky when trying to make a tricky exit pass.
The coaching and roster are both better. Gus and Jones are both better than Harpur who played 40 games last year. Cuylle and Wheeler are also good additions. This is no fluke. Shesterkin hasn't had to steal games, winning without Chytil and Fox, also without Mika and Kakko doing much of anything. This team isn't going to win every game but they are one of the better teams in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad