Post-Game Talk: Lucifer

3 stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
It's not just Panarin. THe team is overall playing better than last year imo. A lot of it is probably coaching.
I agree. But my point was about specific individual players whose contributions are below expectations. People certainly have the right to criticize them, but it doesn't detract from the overall success. Last year, when the team was winning, people pointed out the perimeter play wouldn't be sustainable for success ultimately, and that proved to be true when the stakes were raised and opponents elevated their defensive games.

Last edited:

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I was agreeing with you. Kakko has been better than Wheeler on both the Zib line and the 3rd line monstrosity with Bonino
Gotcha. I mean I still would want to see where this version of Wheeler fits in the lineup but he’s been a nothingburger with either Trocheck or Zibanejad. Time to try him with Bonino or Goodrow. Maybe he’d be good on the 4th line.

Reactions: skipmowerman

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Lavy has done a good job so far but my only critique is he's not flipping out on the refs on these garbage calls.

10 years ago he'd be going ape shit, he's gotten too passive in his old age.

This is a f***ing garbage post and you're a garbage poster. Go out on the black market and buy some brains cells because it seems you only have three and they're fighting with each other. Please come up with better stuff to post about or just do us all a favor and delete your account.

:sarcasm: big j/k
Now after reading any of that, did it make you value my opinion on your posting performance? Did it make you feel like you needed to change? Maybe delete your account? Or did you think "f*** this guy. Who the f*** does he think he is?" Lavy berating the refs would probably be therapeutic for both him and us in the moment but in the long run, it'll accomplish nothing at best and have the opposite effect at worst. Ask David Quinn about that. Lavy not flipping out is not a bug of old age, it's a feature of wisdom gained.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Kakko is going to be just fine, just like laffy. 12-2-1 and the past 4 pages I read were about Kakko sucking. It’s the beginning of the season lol. Just wait until Chytil (hopefully) comes back and I’d imagine the two of them will start producing together. Or if he’s back on line 1 with the two butt buddies and they actually start finishing plays he used to set up for them.
Some people simple MUST complain or they’re not enjoying hockey. Weird

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
This is a f***ing garbage post and you're a garbage poster. Go out on the black market and buy some brains cells because it seems you only have three and they're fighting with each other. Please come up with better stuff to post about or just do us all a favor and delete your account.

:sarcasm: big j/k
Now after reading any of that, did it make you value my opinion on your posting performance? Did it make you feel like you needed to change? Maybe delete your account? Or did you think "f*** this guy. Who the f*** does he think he is?" Lavy berating the refs would probably be therapeutic for both him and us in the moment but in the long run, it'll accomplish nothing at best and have the opposite effect at worst. Ask David Quinn about that. Lavy not flipping out is not a bug of old age, it's a feature of wisdom gained.

I think Lav carries more cachet than Quinn

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
I think Lav carries more cachet than Quinn
And when he's upset with a ref's call he lets them know he just doesn't berate them nor show the histrionics that fans want to see because again, neither accomplish what the goal would be. Quinn was doing both of those and it wasn't appreciated by the refs and he developed a rep for it. The wrong kind of cachet. Those with the right cachet know how to use it constructively.

Last edited:

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
@LokiDog MIA for a game and veganism has expanded its influence to all corners of this board.

Sorry… sorry. I wanted to attend the soirée but I was too busy figuring out how to afford to feed my family anything other than microwaved noodles, MSG and artificial meat flavoring. I take full responsibility for the highly vegan play of some of our boys… there’s even been an abundance of beans eaten in our house lately. We’re uh… doing great!

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Sorry… sorry. I wanted to attend the soirée but I was too busy figuring out how to afford to feed my family anything other than microwaved noodles, MSG and artificial meat flavoring. I take full responsibility for the highly vegan play of some of our boys… there’s even been an abundance of beans eaten in our house lately. We’re uh… doing great!
1700438311097.jpeg

Reactions: LokiDog

Tob

Sep 16, 2017

damn, sorry to hear, it's tough to carry the weight of all that financial stress. Over time it chips away at you, nothing ever comes up to lessens the stress.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Hope all is well on your end brother.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
The only reason I consistently point out Zibs 5v5 stats is to compare them to all the guys that everyone thinks sucks (Laf, Kakko, Jones, Gauthier/Kravtsov when they were here, etc). I enjoy seeing the response when somebody says a player sucks because they don’t produce and then you present them with a player they think is good with the same production

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The only reason I consistently point out Zibs 5v5 stats is to compare them to all the guys that everyone thinks sucks (Laf, Kakko, Jones, Gauthier/Kravtsov when they were here, etc). I enjoy seeing the response when somebody says a player sucks because they don’t produce and then you present them with a player they think is good with the same production
You’re doing so well until the /…

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad